Coops and Crooks

60 replies to this topic
Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:24 AM

Does anyone here think that coops and crooks it's one of the modes that has the best players?

You have chases, lots of gunfights, helicopter fights and use lots of tactics. Anything can happen

I noticed CnC is where most high ranked people play and were you truly see the value of a good player, their driving skills, survival sills, shooting skills, but most importantly team work.

The game mode does have it flaws like when the cops are spawned sooo close to the crooks, the crooks keep getting respawned around the cops who slaughter them mercilessly (happened many times when I was cop/crook) and getaway vehicle spawn.

Would you guys like CnC in GTAV with a few twists that will make it even better?

Here are some ideas to have a better and more fun game.

-A better version in One for All were you get to choose how many lives you have. ( 1-5 maybe?)

-Text Chat when you are in the Lobby to get everyone organized and don't kick people mindlessly

-Text chat between team members for those who don't have a microphone

-Choose who the boss is, so you won't get a new player who will die too quickly.

-putting a restriction level so only people who have ranks x trough x can join ( I really don't care about these but I see people making these matches and kicking lower ranks even if they are good)

-If the getaway is destroyed, it will be respawned at a completely random place

-Getaway is always spawned at a random place. There are 0 patterns to determine were it's located.

- A crook can share his weapons/body armor with the boss.

-Getaway diversity. You can get away in Cars, helicopters, planes, etc.

-And finally the best twist to CnC would be the ability for the Boss to surrender!
The cops could choose to either kill or tell the boss to surrender. If the boss it's cornered and decides to surrender then the cops must take him back to the police station and the crooks would have to rescue him. If the cops successfully capture the boss without killing him, then they get a lot of money (double?) and if the crooks successfully rescue him they also get that $ bonus.

What do you think? Do you have any other ideas?

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (Crimson Flam3s @ Thursday, Apr 5 2012, 01:24)
Does anyone here think that coops and crooks it's one of the modes that has the best players?

icon13.gif - most of CnC players are unskilled noobs, even old CnC players are bad at shooting but they are usualy good at other skills needed in CnC (flying, driving etc), they dont know anything about this game and cry all the time about lags and glitches (at least on PC)

[ icon14.gif - good idea icon13.gif - bad idea ]

You have chases, lots of gunfights, helicopter fights and use lots of tactics. Anything can happen

I noticed CnC is where most high ranked people play and were you truly see the value of a good player, their driving skills, survival sills, shooting skills, but most importantly team work.

icon13.gif CnC players usualy dont care about rank at all (PC)

The game mode does have it flaws like when the cops are spawned sooo close to the crooks, the crooks keep getting respawned around the  cops who slaughter them mercilessly (happened many times when I was cop/crook) and getaway vehicle spawn.

icon14.gif Thats true

Would you guys like CnC in GTAV with a few twists that will make it even better?

icon14.gif Of course, if there wont be game mode such as CnC V multiplayer wont be as good as IV

-A better version in One for All were you get to choose how many lives you have. ( 1-5 maybe?)

icon13.gif One for All is a good competitive variation of CnC but lets let it stay in IV

-Text Chat when you are in the Lobby to get everyone organized and don't kick people mindlessly

icon14.gif On PC we have text chat (in lobby, teamchat and chat to everyone in game not just team) I cant imagine how you can play IV without text chat on X360/PS3 specially in game modes like CnC where the teamwork is most important part of a game

-Choose who the boss is, so you won't get a new player who will die too quickly.

icon14.gif Yes, boss should be somehow choosen but not by players but by game, for example person with highest rank or TrueSkill in lobby should be most often the boss

-putting a restriction level so only people who have ranks x trough x can join ( I really don't care about these but I see people making these matches and kicking lower ranks even if they are  good)

icon14.gif Thats good idea, there should be separated lobbys for each rank

icon13.gif It shouldnt be respawned but it should be very hard to destroy and there should be more than just 1 geatway vechicle

-Getaway is always spawned at a random place. There are 0 patterns to determine were it's located.

icon13.gif That wont happen anyway, destroying getaway is sometimes the right thing to do when boss is camping in glitched area for example

icon14.gif Thats the best of your ideas, it would be very usefull

icon14.gif Yes but cars arent good idea

-And finally the best twist to CnC would be the ability for the Boss to surrender!
The cops could choose to either kill or tell the boss to surrender. If the boss it's cornered and decides to surrender then the cops must take him back to the police station and the crooks would have to rescue him. If the cops  successfully  capture the boss without killing him, then they get a lot of money (double?) and if the crooks successfully rescue him they also get that $ bonus.

icon13.gif Thats a nice idea but that would make the game too complicated

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Go eat your mom's ass

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

the cops are spawned sooo close to the crooks, the crooks keep getting respawned around the cops who slaughter them mercilessly

f*cking reason I quit CnC.

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

Lol cryani.gif .

Cops that kill respawning crooks, do it for the $, make it hard for them.

Bosses that sit back and allow for crooks to get slaughtered, are bad bosses.
Anyways good thoughts crimson.

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (SARDYNA108 @ Thursday, Apr 5 2012, 15:30)

icon13.gif - most of CnC players are unskilled noobs, even old CnC players are bad at shooting but they are usualy good at other skills needed in CnC (flying, driving etc), they dont know anything about this game and cry all the time about lags and glitches (at least on PC)

[ icon14.gif - good idea icon13.gif - bad idea ]

icon13.gif CnC players usualy dont care about rank at all (PC)

The game mode does have it flaws like when the cops are spawned sooo close to the crooks, the crooks keep getting respawned around the  cops who slaughter them mercilessly (happened many times when I was cop/crook) and getaway vehicle spawn.

icon14.gif Thats true

icon14.gif Of course, if there wont be game mode such as CnC V multiplayer wont be as good as IV

icon13.gif One for All is a good competitive variation of CnC but lets let it stay in IV

icon14.gif On PC we have text chat (in lobby, teamchat and chat to everyone in game not just team) I cant imagine how you can play IV without text chat on X360/PS3 specially in game modes like CnC where the teamwork is most important part of a game

icon14.gif Yes, boss should be somehow choosen but not by players but by game, for example person with highest rank or TrueSkill in lobby should be most often the boss

-putting a restriction level so only people who have ranks x trough x can join ( I really don't care about these but I see people making these matches and kicking lower ranks even if they are  good)

icon14.gif Thats good idea, there should be separated lobbys for each rank

icon13.gif It shouldnt be respawned but it should be very hard to destroy and there should be more than just 1 geatway vechicle

icon13.gif That wont happen anyway, destroying getaway is sometimes the right thing to do when boss is camping in glitched area for example

icon14.gif Thats the best of your ideas, it would be very usefull

icon14.gif Yes but cars arent good idea

The cops could choose to either kill or tell the boss to surrender. If the boss it's cornered and decides to surrender then the cops must take him back to the police station and the crooks would have to rescue him. If the cops  successfully  capture the boss without killing him, then they get a lot of money (double?) and if the crooks successfully rescue him they also get that $ bonus.

icon13.gif Thats a nice idea but that would make the game too complicated

When I said it has the best players I meant that most of the high ranks play it. I don't see lots of high ranks on other modes like in CnC\

Also how would making the getaway "harder to destroy help" if the cops are alredy going at it then chances are they gonna continue until it get's destroyed, although I liked other idea. Having 2 getaways so if the crooks are camping or something or the cops just went to destroy yours.

when you get away in cars it could be this way, you drive a certain distance in order to win like a couple miles to make it more realistic.

And about making the boss surrender, It think it would make it more realistic and exciting.

-For the cops: You get a nice challenge or trying to take the boss to the station, get lot of money and if it looks like the the crooks will rescue him then you can just press o bottom to kill him if your in a car for example or just shoot him.

For the crooks: they get a lot of money and another chance to win.

ph34r.gif I know it's a bit complicated but it would make it a bit more interesting and it's not like the cops have to making him surrender, they can just kill him.

Thanks ajbns87 smile.gif

XxOnLySBz4mExX
  • XxOnLySBz4mExX

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

I totaly agree with these because in my opinion getaways being destroyed/moved is one of the major flaws in an almost perfect gamemode such as CNC. Getaways shouldn't be predictable they should be randomly positioned somewhere around the entire city & if found & then touched/destroyed by the cops, round shouldn't end, GV should respawn randomly somewhere else throughout the city not just the starting island. (but cops can still camp with snipers if they happen to find GV.) sly.gif

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE (SARDYNA108 @ Thursday, Apr 5 2012, 15:30)

It is worth pointing out that this guy got banned from our servers for repeatedly using glitches and not obeying the house rules we have that everyone else respects.

As for CnC players not being able to shoot or being noobs, well, as I remember, Sardyna used to get owned regularly by the vast majority of people. The stats on the leaderboard speak for themselves - his win ratio in CnC matches is not good. Probably because he spent a lot of time messing around with Tug boats rather than helping his team mates win the match.

True, the average player is not as good at shooting as a hardcore TDM player, but it is a different game where you are not always on foot, and when you put a TDM player in CnC, their kill/death ratio is not as good, because it's a different style of play.

Sardy, perhaps you should tell the likes of Alekc Holland, michelroggt, roland1905, Stringer Bell, JohnyzCze, LukeDuke, Tade (to name but a few) that you think they can't shoot. I'll put money on them owning you time and time again.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:14 AM

@Crimson Flam3s -

I'm glad you like the mode - I'm one of the regulars on the PC platform (currently 19th on the Player board I think).

I think there are very skilled players in any mode you look at on GTA IV, but to do well at CnC you need to be a good all round talent. You need to be able to shoot, drive, fly a helicopter, know the map well, and be able to work well as a team. In TDM it is obviously all about being exceptional at one skill, shooting i.e. King of one trade, rather than Jack of all. There are other things you learn as well because it is of more tactical value in this mode that you won't do so much in others, things like shooting down helicopters, mastery of the sniper rifle, using the subway to escape etc.

Have a look at my videos on Youtube (links in the signature) to get an idea of how we play the mode on the PC.

I like some of your ideas and can understand where the thinking comes from. With regard to getaways respawning, the problem with that is that the Crooks would probably have an incentive to blow it up themsleves, getting a random respawn and which would make the Cops job impossible. I think a good solution would be to either make the getaway vehicle indestructible, or for the Cops to get no extra points if it is destroyed i.e. if they blow it up and their Boss is killed next round, the other team is likely to win because they will get the +$1000.

EL_FUGA
  • EL_FUGA

Hustler

• Members
  • Nauru

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (Jimbatron @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 10:14)
I think there are very skilled players in any mode you look at on GTA IV, but to do well at CnC you need to be a good all round talent. You need to be able to shoot, drive, fly a helicopter, know the map well, and be able to work well as a team. In TDM it is obviously all about being exceptional at one skill, shooting i.e. King of one trade, rather than Jack of all. There are other things you learn as well because it is of more tactical value in this mode that you won't do so much in others, things like shooting down helicopters, mastery of the sniper rifle, using the subway to escape etc.

agree 100%

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (Jimbatron @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 08:48)
It is worth pointing out that this guy got banned from our servers for repeatedly using glitches and not obeying the house rules we have that everyone else respects.

"the house rules" just dont need to be taken so strictly and everyone would be happy, some players cant have fun in CnC becouse all they must to do is worrying about the rules

As for CnC players not being able to shoot or being noobs, well, as I remember, Sardyna used to get owned regularly by the vast majority of people. The stats on the leaderboard speak for themselves - his win ratio in CnC matches is not good. Probably because he spent a lot of time messing around with Tug boats rather than helping his team mates win the match.

My won/lost and kill/dead ratios in CnC both are possitive, yes maybe I got owned long time ago when I wasnt so good as now

True, the average player is not as good at shooting as a hardcore TDM player, but it is a different game where you are not always on foot, and when you put a TDM player in CnC, their kill/death ratio is not as good, because it's a different style of play.

Yes thats true, just look at this screens:

http://screenshot.xf...121753470-4.jpg

http://screenshot.xf...121753478-4.jpg

N1 is one of best TDM clans if you dont know, we played with them many CnC games but they won just 1 of like 20 games

Sardy, perhaps you should tell the likes of Alekc Holland, michelroggt, roland1905, Stringer Bell, JohnyzCze, LukeDuke, Tade (to name but a few) that you think they can't shoot. I'll put money on them owning you time and time again.

Im always ready for 1vs1 if thats what are you talking about, you would probably lost some money. Anyway Im always laughing when I see you coming to TDM and asking for reticule on becouse "its easy to see if someone cheats", if you would know more about this game you would just trust other regular TDM players becouse they know who use cheats and who dont, also you dont need reticule to check if someone use god mode, you can just look at his blip if you know what I mean. I like to play with reticule on too but no one else like it so dont ask about it

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (SARDYNA108 @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 15:12)
QUOTE (Jimbatron @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 08:48)

"the house rules" just dont need to be taken so strictly and everyone would be happy, some players cant have fun in CnC becouse all they must to do is worrying about the rules

The guys do have fun - that's why they've kept coming back for three years and new people keep joining.

This is your problem in a nutshell. Your idea of fun involved ruining eveyone else's. Rather than accepting you were annoying people and adjusting your style of play out of respect for others, you kept on pulling the same tricks, until everyone (including me, after giving you many, many chances) had finally had enough of you. You need to learn a serious life lesson from this for when you get a job, otherwise it is going to hold you back (I estimate aboud $10,000 per year in terms of missed promotion opportunities) - this is actually more important than the game, and I hope for your sake you realise this.

Calling the PC CnC regulars noobs and suggesting they don't know the game is laughable.

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (Jimbatron @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 16:20)
Calling the PC CnC regulars noobs and suggesting they don't know the game is laughable.

Its not becouse 3 years after the game release we had to explain them some basics like corner glitch or spining heli with mouse

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (Jimbatron @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 09:14)
@Crimson Flam3s -

I'm glad you like the mode - I'm one of the regulars on the PC platform (currently 19th on the Player board I think).

Have a look at my videos on Youtube (links in the signature) to get an idea of how we play the mode on the PC.

I like some of your ideas and can understand where the thinking comes from. With regard to getaways respawning, the problem with that is that the Crooks would probably have an incentive to blow it up themsleves, getting a random respawn and which would make the Cops job impossible. I think a good solution would be to either make the getaway vehicle indestructible, or for the Cops to get no extra points if it is destroyed i.e. if they blow it up and their Boss is killed next round, the other team is likely to win because they will get the +$1000.

Thanks Jimbatron smile.gif

I had actually actually seen some of your videos before and I really like the way you guys play. I recently saw the video with the tug boat lol.gif

I do agree 100% with you about CnC being the mode were you need to be all rounded up. That's the reason I like it so much and because anything can happen on it, you have helicopter battles, car chases, some people even make it a TDM, snipers camping, and lot's of strategy, but like I said teamwork is the most important thing. I bet if everyone on psn had a headset, which I don't have yet angry.gif , or chat like in pc, games could be even better.

I notice that when high ranks play together, even without any communication, they got flawless teamwork and such but if you put a couple high ranks with normal players then they get killed faster... I wish psn had chat mad.gif

The problem with making it indestructible is that if the boss and co are in the gv, and a cop happens to have an rpg and blows then up when they are fleeing then it wouldn't count. I for one have luckily sniped the boss when he was taking off in a boat, luckily he wans't too far, and sniped a boss in a chopper by camping but that wouldn't be possible if the gv is undestructible.

I like your idea of the cops getting no extra points if they destroy it, but what if the boss was inside of it? Also if a crook decide to destroy the gv then IMO It would give more chances to the cops. Remember that the cops have more advantages like seeing all the crooks locations anytime anywhere and that alone is enough to overwhelm even a good team.

It's funny that when got gta about 4 months ago and started playing CnC I and most people I played with, tried to get to the gv as soon as possible but when you play are and play with high ranks, the norm is to stay and fight till you die, or after killing the cops for a while escape. If you go straight away for the gv then your looked down upon.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (SARDYNA108 @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 20:50)
QUOTE (Jimbatron @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 16:20)

Its not becouse 3 years after the game release we had to explain them some basics like corner glitch or spining heli with mouse

The reason for that is they don't look for glitches because they play with honesty.

@Crimson Flam3s - I think it would work if you still got the +$1,000 if you killed the Boss while he was in the getaway, but no extra points for destroying the vehicle itself (if he is not in it).

I have heard that on the PS3 and Xbox360 players as Boss will try to survive as long as possible, but it just doesn't work on the PC. The players are all very evenly matched, and the Cops only need to get lucky once, so the Boss will not live very long unless he makes a run for it. But just not straight to the getaway, as he may be sniped there. In a heli though, a good pilot can survive for over an hour even with Cop helicopters chasing him.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Go eat your mom's ass

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:47 PM Edited by DarkKingBernard, 09 April 2012 - 04:52 PM.

mastery of the sniper rifle

To me, camping snipers are just as annoying as glitchers. Nobody likes getting killed by something they can't see or have a shot at (they are kind of the same as cornershooters)

But nice to know that you're not another noob glitcher biggrin.gif

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Monday, Apr 9 2012, 16:47)
mastery of the sniper rifle

To me, camping snipers are just as annoying as glitchers. Nobody likes getting killed by something they can't see or have a shot at (they are kind of the same as cornershooters)

But nice to know that you're not another noob glitcher biggrin.gif

It is not so much a problem for us, because we have good Bosses who spot for us from their helicopter and tell us where the snipers are. It is all part of the team work. It makes escaping difficult, and a challenge, but not impossible.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

Looks like we might of got a new unofficial cops n crooks discussion topic going here again smile.gif

A boss that doesn't encounter cops and then tries to escape, should always be prepared for a sniper.
As boss, I've pretended that I'm about to enter...and then heard a few shots from a sniper, and made a dash for safety.
Experienced players know the spots sniper's might use, so hunting them out and making the getaway safe is always a fun challenge, not seen on consoles anymore, apart from the few times during the CnC events I held.

The whole TDM - boss survival game, is fun, but too often in my opinion players will exploit any advantage, fair or unfair they can get. If it's played fair and the boss / cops are fair and not purely dependent on a combination of corner shooting / interior shotgun camping / respawn killing it is a very unique and challenging game.

A combination of escaping / TDM style is perfect, cops should never relax and the boss should always try to ultimately escape.
At the same time, a boss that runs straight to the GV, without stopping, shouldn't be looked down on, because the cops should always be ready for a car chase. smile.gif

Headsets can help, but personally I play better when I'm not chatting lol.gif

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

Some great points AJ - quite often I dummy going for the getaway, jumping away if I hear a sniper. You are right there are certain sniper spots every regular players know - the construcion site in South Bohan opposite the Boat House is just one that springs to mind.

With re-spawn killing, we discourage this in our servers. Otherwise, a cop with an SMG can run around killing about 10 Crooks a minute as they respawn only with pistols. It is difficult though, becuase how long exactly should it be before a Crook is fair game? My view is they should at least be given time to pick up a weapon (and not shot in the back as they pick it up - some people used to camp on weapon spawns with RPGs!) Also if they are moving in on the getaway, or the Boss is on the same screen and they are blocking the path, or fire back, then I think that is fair game to shoot them.

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:30 PM Edited by Crimson Flam3s, 10 April 2012 - 11:37 PM.

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 11:14)
Looks like we might of got a new unofficial cops n crooks discussion topic going here again  smile.gif

A boss that doesn't encounter cops and then tries to escape, should always be prepared for a sniper.
As boss, I've pretended that I'm about to enter...and then heard a few shots from a sniper, and made a dash for safety.
Experienced players know the spots sniper's might use, so hunting them out and making the getaway safe is always a fun challenge, not seen on consoles anymore, apart from the few times during the CnC events I held.

The whole TDM - boss survival game, is fun, but too often in my opinion players will exploit any advantage, fair or unfair they can get. If it's played fair and the boss / cops are fair and not purely dependent on a combination of corner shooting / interior shotgun camping / respawn killing it is a very unique and challenging game.

A combination of escaping / TDM style is perfect, cops should never relax and the boss should always try to ultimately escape.
At the same time, a boss that runs straight to the GV, without stopping, shouldn't be looked down on, because the cops should always be ready for a car chase.  smile.gif

Headsets can help, but personally I play better when I'm not chatting  lol.gif

I agree with you smile.gif

In the past, I played with this dude (maybe you know him, his psn is something like Omn1pot3nt_420 ) who always knows the GV location, will try to annoy you 1000 different ways and was pretty good but a cheater in general. Funny thing is, he was bragging about having a 9 kill to death ratio but he always plays with low ranks, he told me high ranks hated him because he was too good or something like that, I cant remember...

He either destroys the getaway or camp with his sniper there, so I learned to get close to the getaway, point for one of my crooks to try to get it, if he get's sniped then I have to take another route. if not then were good.

what I do is that I get a chopper and fly the area around the gv checking for someone camping, if I do find them then my partner will give them a little explosive present devil.gif trow grenades all around him, if he survives then I try to blade him or let my partner do the dirty job.

I have gotten better with the sniper, I have killed bosses who basically had won, their boats were too far from the coast kill them except they kept going in a straight line and I used that to my advantage, also killed a boss piloting the escape vehicle and a boss in a escape boat doing circles and honking close to the coast, too bad I got lucky.

You guy's won't believe me how many times a sniper has saved my team when the boss is basically getting on the gv and you just happen to have the perfect spot to take him out.

I love sniper rifles inlove.gif

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:59 AM

Omn1P0tent420 is a pure pussy, vs myself and a few noobs on one for all autoaim, he stole the boat and destroyed it, not once but twice.

Kick him out, if he is your friend tell him The Damned_ eat players like him for breakfast, autoaiming noob.

Thanks Jimbratron, good thoughts about a respawn rule, it's a nice feeling when you manage to kill a respawn killer colgate.gif with your pistol whilst they attempt drivebys.

EL_FUGA
  • EL_FUGA

Hustler

• Members
  • Nauru

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:12 AM

Just want to point out, that CnC regular players began to play the TDM style just because they prefered it over the camping thing as cops on the getaway vehicle.

It was around the end of 2008 when this style began to be popular amongst the cnc regulars. Everyone hated when the whole cop team camped near the getaway vehicle, therefore it forced the crook team not to escape.
At least it wasn't 100% TDM in those days. The boss used to give a couple of chances for the cops to kill him, once managed to survive for a few shootouts then he had "the right" to escape.

I guess the 100$ per kill is what made this mode the way it is nowadays. All for one with high rank players is really pointless, since the team which kills more crooks is likely the one to win the match. I can't seem to understand these old ps3 players who have been playing All for One-AutoAim for 4 years now. It's always the same sh*t, the team with the boss who lasts shorter is the team that wins most of the times. Or a team with a very good boss but terrible crooks. Some factors like players and weapons spawning may change the outcome, otherwise that's how it is. Autoaim is really unfair for the crooks, since the cops can see their blips and it's so easy to hide and auto-lock on the target. Any noob can do that.

Crimson regarding ranks... well the reason you see more high rank players in CnC than any other mode is because there are more players with new accounts in the other modes, especially in TDM and TurfWar. Ranks mean nothing, watch out for the low ranks too. 4 trophies *cough cough*...
Alias players are not very welcome in CnC. Even if you reveal your identity... they want to see a f*cking shiny star next to your name, otherwise you get kicked lol. I remember beating some top cnc player with their precious AA, he got mad. I was playing in disguise, even though he got clearly owned he kept saying that he was better because he was a rank10 and top30 CnC.

EL_FUGA
  • EL_FUGA

Hustler

• Members
  • Nauru

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:23 AM Edited by EL_FUGA, 11 April 2012 - 02:35 AM.

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 02:59)
Omn1P0tent420 is a pure pussy, vs myself and a few noobs on one for all autoaim, he stole the boat and destroyed it, not once but twice.

one of the worst cheaters I've seen in CNC along with the first ranked in the mode. The reason he brags about his k/d ratio is because that's the only thing he cares about. I get to know all these kind of players cause I play undercover from time to time, just to see what's going on in the CnC world (disallow dead...)
I've seen Omn1p0tent420 quitting many games, glitching the getaway, destroying, etc. If you join his lobby and leave (it got boring playing him, knowning the fact that he will either leave or cheat) he sends you a msg: "SCARED PU$$Y"

oops soz for double posting, too lazy to create the quote code notify.gif

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE (EL_FUGA @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 02:23)
QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 02:59)

one of the worst cheaters I've seen in CNC along with the first ranked in the mode. The reason he brags about his k/d ratio is because that's the only thing he cares about. I get to know all these kind of players cause I play undercover from time to time, just to see what's going on in the CnC world (disallow dead...)
I've seen Omn1p0tent420 quitting many games, glitching the getaway, destroying, etc. If you join his lobby and leave (it got boring playing him, knowning the fact that he will either leave or cheat) he sends you a msg: "SCARED PU$$Y"

oops soz for double posting, too lazy to create the quote code notify.gif

Yeah well he is not my friend.

Back when I got the game, about 3 months ago, and I was still a low rank, he would invite me and we would play but he would destroy the gv and I think he uses a turbo or something. well I got tired of it and started sniping him instead of just rushing at him and he got mad and started saying it was lucky shots and sh*t, started insulting me and deleted me lol.

I played with him recently and asked him if he would like to be in CnC with all high ranks that I play with but he hasnt answered me biggrin.gif A while ago he said high stars hated him because he was too good....

I wish cops could only see the boss like if they put a gps device on him, because them seeing the crooks all the time it's unfair, although it makes it a bit more challenging. I just wish the aim was a bit smoother, sometimes I even have to change it to another speed because it works better in some cases.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (EL_FUGA @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 02:12)
It was around the end of 2008 when this style began to be popular amongst the cnc regulars. Everyone hated when the whole cop team camped near the getaway vehicle, therefore it forced the crook team not to escape.
At least it wasn't 100% TDM in those days. The boss used to give a couple of chances for the cops to kill him, once managed to survive for a few shootouts then he had "the right" to escape.

I can see how it went like this. An entire team camping can be difficult to turf out.

We manage to escape about 1 in 5 times I think. It helps when you have a big group of experienced players with headsets though. Last night I was on a crook team that was trying to secure the West Algonquin helicopter getaway. The Cops had one helicopter in the air, chasing down the Boss' Maverick, but the rest were all defending. Once we'd worked out where they were, me and another team mate landed on the roofs with sniper rifles and picked them off one by one (we were high enough to benefit from the range so we could see them but they couldn't see us). We know the standard camping places - the buidling with the big rotating spray can, the car park to the north etc. I then flew down to take the getaway. One last cop came out of hiding as I fired up the blades to take off, and would have killed me, but he dropped dead as my team mate sniped him. Wish I had it on record, it was honestly epic team work.

There are some locations, and weapons spawns though where it is practically impossible to turf out camping cops. However, our group on the PC and plays together, and we mix up the teams, which helps to encourage fair play. Generally if the team gets more than $1,000 in front, more cops leave the camping positions and go after the Boss, otherwise it could go on for ever.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

Sounds like you have a nice community on the PC Jimbatron, very tempted to upgrade my PC / Laptop to play IV and join.

Camping did become a problem, but I always thought it was a bit of fun trying to kill the campers. I was never keen on ever camping a getawaymyself , but I always have the habit of picking up a sniper, and then maintaining a close, but not too close distance between myself and a boss, and then taking them out. I think keeping your position unknown to a boss is key, and I liked that challenge.

So much so, I made a new account designed specifically for sniping, I fooled a lot of headset friends into thinking I was foreign too with it. Players would change the weather settings to foggy in an attempt to stop me sniping, it was a lot of fun. It wasn't a matter of being that good at it either, I'd say I was average at best, but key was knowledge of the city, predicting where a boss would head to get picked up, tracking crooks on the map etc.... I got lucky many times.

Seriously I could write a novel about CnC, thats how much I love it, and still 4 years later. Like Bmg said, Rockstar laid a golden egg with this game mode, cant wait to see it in V.

Those playing on ps3, another name to shame - texporter. GV destroying and Noob glitcher.
LOL, i came across him today, trying to get inside an interior glitch as boss, I jumped on the ledge/pipe to stop him.
Got sent a PM - "f*ckING BITCH"....he followed that by destroying the getaway the next round, and still giving him a chance, he destroyed my getaway when he was on my team dozingoff.gif .....no doubt in my mind he is a french player.
I hope Rockstar is proactive with V, keep updating it , to perfect the online modes, if sh*t like this is a problem in V.

My solution, new getaway vehicle spawn....destroying shouldn't equal win.

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 17:32)

So much so, I made a new account designed specifically for sniping, I fooled a lot of headset friends into thinking I was foreign too with it. Players would change the weather settings to foggy in an attempt to stop me sniping, it was a lot of fun. It wasn't a matter of being that good at it either, I'd say I was average at best, but key was knowledge of the city, predicting where a boss would head to get picked up, tracking crooks on the map etc.... I got lucky many times.

I do the same thing smile.gif You guys wouldn't believe how many times the sniper has saved me when the boss is already at the gv and your still far from it, so I get the sniper out and say bye bye asshole! cool.gif

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 17:32)
Sounds like you have a nice community on the PC Jimbatron, very tempted to upgrade my PC / Laptop to play IV and join.

Camping did become a problem, but I always thought it was a bit of fun trying to kill the campers. I was never keen on ever camping a getawaymyself , but I always have the habit of picking up a sniper, and then maintaining a close, but not too close distance between myself and a boss, and then taking them out. I think keeping your position unknown to a boss is key, and I liked that challenge.

Yes it is good - we still have some crap games though - cops spawn to close, games drag on for too long etc, but there are enough cracking ones not to care.

We normally split our Cop teams up at the start, some to go after the Boss, some to cover the getaway. If no one goes to the escape point, then a Crook will almost certain sneak through and steal it, if the Boss then out-runs his pursuers, it is game over.

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE (Jimbatron @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 19:09)
[QUOTE=ajbns87,Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 17:32]

We normally split our Cop teams up at the start, some to go after the Boss, some to cover the getaway. If no one goes to the escape point, then a Crook will almost certain sneak through and steal it, if the Boss then out-runs his pursuers, it is game over.

I wish we could have a chat system so the cops could be split up into pairs, depending on the amount and situation this could be more efficient, I tried it a few times already and it worked nicely cool.gif

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

buy a headset ! or if shy, get a USB keyboard, and type fast in a PSN chat tounge.gif

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Saturday, Apr 14 2012, 09:42)
buy a headset ! or if shy, get a USB keyboard, and type fast in a PSN chat tounge.gif

Yeah, I will probably get one soon, but even then, not everyone has one on most matches.

Also about CnC ideas, I was thinking cops should spawn in different vehicles since the old policar get's old fast confused.gif

Imagine spawning in some police motorcycles, Noose patriot, or even the fbi buffalo inlove.gif

I think it would be nice to have mode of a combination of CnC and hangmans noose where a person is choosen to be the lider like petrovic and your team mates obviously defend you through a long journey. It would be like zombie mode, but instead of waves of cops there should be less cops and more intelligence and tactics.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users