» «
Photo

Can someone write me a small story?

7 replies to this topic
Oakshaft
  • Oakshaft

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:13 PM Edited by Oakshaft, 10 April 2012 - 12:45 AM.

Can someone please edit my story? and help me revise it (few posts down)

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

As much as a I would f*cking love to do this (and I really would!), do yer own homework!

Seriously, this is a fun assignment. Get it done. Look for a famous Greek legend and rewrite it from a modern perspective. Do a Theseus and the Minotaur type thing. Call it Oakshaft (or your real name) and the History Teacher. You have to get your late piece of work on to your teacher's desk in the library before they return from recess. You leave a trail of books behind you so that you can find your way out again. Only you get seen by the bushy-eyebrowed teacher and have to fight him with your trusty pen and ruler. Make it super f*cking gory. The teacher will think you're sick but be forced to give you a pass!

Good luck. And post it in here when you get it done. It's only schoolwork (I'm guessing), it doesn't need to be an epic. 2 pages tops surely? Do it. Now. Or I'll mutilate my genitals and share it with the whole WD section. Do you want that on your conscience?

Oakshaft
  • Oakshaft

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (SIKKS66 @ Wednesday, Apr 4 2012, 20:42)
Do it. Now. Or I'll mutilate my genitals and share it with the whole WD section. Do you want that on your conscience?

Oh god its /b/ all over again!

And I cant do a minotaur type thing, its one of the examples lol, ugh I suck at writing XD

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

I'm the writer.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

I'd love to help. But nobody ever got something written, by not writing it. Do it yourself, if you write it up and post it on here, we'd be glad to help you spruce it up. Just originally create something first.

opnoright
  • opnoright

Yeah, it's that guy.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:20 PM Edited by opnoright, 08 April 2012 - 03:27 PM.

These guys are right, this is a really fun assignment. I would come up with Greek style stories to explain simple things throughout my day sometimes when I was younger and really bored. Here's an example for when I had to walk across a parking lot to get inside walmart on a really hot summer day. I began my trek across the barren field of harden volcanic ash, the sun beating down on my brow. I raised my head, my eye's squinted to see better. There was a large structure with script imprinted on it. I knew that is where I wanted to go. As I traveled closer I could see the script on the building read "WALMART". The assignment is not really that hard, I would try to have fun with it. Just pretend you are an ancient Greek thrown into modern times, act like you have never seen any of the things you are describing to make it sound more poetic and mystical (barren field of harden volcanic ash = an asphalt parking lot) icon14.gif Good luck.

Edit: If you really can't think of anything go watch Arnold Schwarenegger's first movie Hercules in New York for inspiration biggrin.gif

El Zilcho
  • El Zilcho

Virtuoso

• The Connection
  • European-Union

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

I did this in Year 4 for a class assignment - it was produced into a play for the entire school! It wasn't even supposed to be, but the teachers thought it was superb. I produced a myth about a subterranean snake god who had to be slayed by a hero in order to halt a series of earthquakes around Athens. It's blood then stained the sky at every sunset... yeah, I actually wrote an 'award winning' play at age 8 tounge.gif

As for your case, try it yourself man. I know you probably don't enjoy it but this sort of assessment is great for your creativity; I wish school work is as enjoyable as this these days.

Lochie
  • Lochie

darkness washed over the dude

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:13 AM

I remember in year 7 I ad to do an assignment like this, I'm pretty sure I based it on two of the gods having a war. It was probably my favourite assignment I had ever done. Maybe if we help you come up with an idea you could go off and write something then come back to us and we can help critique it?

Oakshaft
  • Oakshaft

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:44 AM Edited by Oakshaft, 28 June 2012 - 05:10 PM.

Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users