Texture Modder

• Members

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

Go into the enbseries.ini, make sure it says:
ForceDisplaySize=false

And set your display width and height to:
DisplayWidth=840
DisplayHeight=525

And then you can manually adjust your resolution in the game.

spartaque12
  • spartaque12

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

d3d error when i run game

ZBNYNC
  • ZBNYNC

Texture Modder

• Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

Did you tell it to run as administrator?
If not, try that.

spartaque12
  • spartaque12

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

i launch with rgsc , can somehow without him?

Raigen
  • Raigen

I have a Packet in my pants.

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE (spartaque12 @ Wednesday, Apr 4 2012, 18:19)
ENB WTF???!!!

in enbseries.ini
i write Force Anti aliasing=true in my game resolution change to3360х2100
my resolution 1680x1050
WTFFFF ??

Its because you have ForceAntialiasing set to true. The AA used in the ENB is no normal AA, its a method called downsampling. Thats why your resolution was that high. Set ForceAntialiasing to false and you will play in your original res of 1680x1050.

Here is a documentation about all the enbseries.ini commands in ENB:
http://gtabay.cba.pl...cja_gta4_en.htm

little seoul
  • little seoul

NYX | Patch 8 | lpf -4- prez

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:13 AM

the antialiasing/ds option in enbseries is useless.
use MDLAA or some other form of anti-aliasing to make up for it.
all the anti-aliasing does is enlarge the screen resolution so that it looks blurry. that's not real anti-aliasing.

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:46 PM Edited by NaidRaida, 11 May 2012 - 02:19 PM.

QUOTE (little seoul @ Tuesday, May 8 2012, 03:13)

Don't tell the people sh*t if you don't know what you are talking about! Downsampling will give you the best image quality you can get.

You don't like SSAA, that's the point but it's far away from useless! Of course you will need very high settings for an enjoyable effect, depending on your system you probably cannot use the full SSAA effect.
Did you ever played the game with a resolution above 7000 pixels? FXAA, SMAA or whatever doesn't have a chance against those image quality. The more pixels, the better the image, it's that simple.
If you have problems with a blured image you just have to set up the sharpen effect properly and everything is fine. Even with medium SSAA settings you can easily get the same quality as with real AA.

little seoul
  • little seoul

NYX | Patch 8 | lpf -4- prez

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (NaidRaida @ Friday, May 11 2012, 13:46)

Don't tell the people sh*t if you don't know what you are talking about! Downsampling will give you the best image quality you can get.

You don't like SSAA, that's the point but it's far away from useless! Of course you will need very high settings for an enjoyable effect, depending on your system you probably cannot use the full SSAA effect.
Did you ever played the game with a resolution above 7000 pixels? FXAA, SMAA or whatever doesn't have a chance against those image quality. The more pixels, the better the image, it's that simple.
If you have problems with a blured image you just have to set up the sharpen effect properly and everything is fine. Even with medium SSAA settings you can easily get the same quality as with real AA.

since when did scaling resolution to 3840 x 2160 become anti-aliasing?
and how is it not useless if you have to click your heels twice in order to get it to work properly when starting a game?
with SSAA, MDLAA, and yes REAL AA you can just start up the game and play.

downsampling is horible quality if you are playing on a good 1080p monitor like i am.

but you aren't playing on a good monitor (or even a pc for that matter) so quit while you're ahead and stop comparing
quality performance and visuals against your mom's laptop.

DarkShenron
  • DarkShenron

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (little seoul @ Tuesday, May 22 2012, 21:58)
QUOTE (NaidRaida @ Friday, May 11 2012, 13:46)

since when did scaling resolution to 3840 x 2160 become anti-aliasing?
and how is it not useless if you have to click your heels twice in order to get it to work properly when starting a game?
with SSAA, MDLAA, and yes REAL AA you can just start up the game and play.

downsampling is horible quality if you are playing on a good 1080p monitor like i am.

but you aren't playing on a good monitor (or even a pc for that matter) so quit while you're ahead and stop comparing
quality performance and visuals against your mom's laptop.

Seriously i am sick of bitches like this.....no knowledge only whining barf8bd.gif

So you downsample and get crappy quality sarcasm.gif u really are one of a kind ......get ur facts straight before talking sh*t. Downsampling is when you render the image at higher resolutions and then watch them at lower resolutions....so as for your pc it would be rendering at about 3840x2160 and showing it at 1920x1080 ie... simply raping ur gfx card nd cpu smile.gif . Also AA is a method of removing jagged edges in game ....so more the pixels , better the curve and less the jagged edges. SSAA being best in doing this since it simply increases the pixel quantity by rendering at higher resolutions nd then downsampling to ur monitor ones(quite like ubersampling).....and dont think u cud use SSAA just like any other puny pseudo-AAs like MSAA or FXAA coz unlike them it wud brutually massacre ur pc resources tounge2.gif. Now, i hope that wud make some things clear for you ....do some research before spouting nonsense since ur nonsense creates more noobs nd they in turn will create more of them, thus leading to the birth of a society filled with idiocy cryani.gif

No offence NaidRaida but i feel pity for u dealing wid him sad.gif

As for OP , try forcing display size via commandline.txt, add these lines inside it to force resolution to 1680x1050

-height 1680
-width 1050

taskforce
  • taskforce

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:14 PM

@DarkShenron

don't talk about something you have no idea about..
Enb Downsampling (that's what it is and NO AA) has a crappy quality.
If I use 1920x1200 + ENB DS it looks horrible. Real AA can't be used with IV. Just some FXAA/SMAA Post Processing that doesn't look good.

Real AA like MSAA does a great job, if it's implemented the right way.

DarkShenron
  • DarkShenron

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:32 AM Edited by DarkShenron, 27 September 2012 - 11:33 AM.

QUOTE (taskforce @ Wednesday, Sep 26 2012, 15:14)
@DarkShenron

don't talk about something you have no idea about..
Enb  Downsampling (that's what it is and NO AA) has a crappy quality.
If I use 1920x1200 + ENB DS it looks horrible. Real AA can't be used with IV. Just some FXAA/SMAA Post Processing that doesn't look good.

Real AA like MSAA does a great job, if it's implemented the right way.

i dont think people are getting my point here .... sad.gif

i am not talking about downsampling your graphics but using SSAA instead. What SSAA does is render at higher resolutions than ur monitor and and then downsample it to ur resolutions. So , lets say u play game at 1920x1080, it would actually be running at 3840x2160 and then getting downsampled to 1920x1080. As u cud obviously expect running a game at 3840x2160 wud be really resource heavy, thus the high requirements for better hardware for using SSAA.If u still dont get it, try it urself in GTA IV .....go to ur enbseries.ini and change these line

ForceAntialiasing=true
AntialiasingQuality=8
DisplayWidth=1920
DisplayHeight=1080

that wud do the trick .....check the difference in graphics and tell me which ones better now wink.gif. Also after doing this ur menu and loading screen might start getting cut off but continue through them and press enter when reaching menu ....game will load as normal without any hitches.

and here is link to make u clear on what SSAA nd MSAA does ...

SSAA -> http://en.wikipedia....i/Supersampling

MSAA -> http://en.wikipedia....e_anti-aliasing

taskforce
  • taskforce

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:27 PM Edited by taskforce, 27 September 2012 - 06:30 PM.

Too bad neither of them work (SSAA and MSAA) or any other "real" AA) with GTA IV.
The ForceAntialiasing Option is simple Downsampling that it applied to the game.

The minimum quality is 2, the maximum quality is -1

If game runs in 1920x1200 then:
AntialiasingQuality=2 is 3840x2400
AntialiasingQuality=1 is 5000x3000 (don'T know exact values)
AntialiasingQuality=0 is 7000x5000 (don'T know exact values)
can't start with "-1" suicidal.gif

DarkShenron
  • DarkShenron

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (taskforce @ Thursday, Sep 27 2012, 18:27)
Too bad neither of them work (SSAA and MSAA) or any other "real" AA) with GTA IV.
The ForceAntialiasing Option is simple Downsampling that it applied to the game.

The minimum quality is 2, the maximum quality is -1

If game runs in 1920x1200 then:
AntialiasingQuality=2 is 3840x2400
AntialiasingQuality=1 is 5000x3000 (don'T know exact values)
AntialiasingQuality=0 is 7000x5000 (don'T know exact values)
can't start with "-1" suicidal.gif

Very well , then u do understand what i am saying ...very good smile.gif
Topic solved nd deed done ....mod please close this thread !!

napoleonic
  • napoleonic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

lol people... downsampling is the same as supersampling AA aka SSAA; and it is or rather was, THE real AA... back then the only way you could get anti alias was with SSAA, there was no other solution at that time, which was like 15 years ago.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users