Photo

How much cheats do you use?

23 replies to this topic
MrDanceWithLance
  • MrDanceWithLance

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

When playing GTA, how much cheats do you use?

KaRzY6
  • KaRzY6

♧ Sick Kunt ♤

• Members

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

First I pass the game without cheats. Then once I pass it, I just do want ever I want, that includes using cheats. Some of them make it fun. smile.gif

Karambalaya
  • Karambalaya

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

I haven't even tried the cheat codes for IV - it's not for me.

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:53 PM

First, I complete the game 100%, and then I use the cheats just for fun, but I don't use them during missions, and I don't save them either.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

The Night Is Like A Dagger, Long And Cold And Sharp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

I used to use alot of cheats but now I don't. And I over used them in IV. The ones from SA were pretty fun though. But I'm doing another playthrough without cheats.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:28 AM

I'm too lazy to complete any GTA without cheats.

Maxaxle
  • Maxaxle

Used Car Acquisition Technician

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:33 AM

GTA1, GTA2 Era: Only when messing around. Not that I've ever beaten either of them.
GTA3 Era: Only when the mission I'm on is impossible without cheats. This happens at least once on every GTA game of that era, often towards the end or when there's a lot of shooting involved.
GTA4 Onwards: NEVER, because I never need it. Oh, and I got a trainer for when I wanna mess around (Simple Native Trainer 6.4). Superuseful, quite powerful in itself.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

Normally after I complete the game, however if I desperately need cheats I'll create a new save first so I still have my original playthrough without them.

GTA IV's cheats really weren't worth it anyway, besides health and lower wanted level.
I really miss San Andreas's cheats and Vice City's. Those were so much fun and really added to the gameplay and made the game last even longer. Who doesn't love a ped riot, or peds dressed in costumes and riding in hotdog vans? Or flying cars? That was the most fun and hilarious gaming experience I've had, I really hope R* spice things up again cheat-wise. I don't mind having consequences like not getting achievements.

bluesboyjr
  • bluesboyjr

Founder of the Zee Memorial Foundation

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

When I was a little kid playing GTA III and Vice City, I would use cheats all the time - my GTA III save got stuck in Riot Mode. But I haven't used any cheats for the past few years (with the exception of when I do them out of curiosity, which is usually a one-off), mainly due to an obsessive-compulsive need to play the game properly. There haven't been any times when I've felt like I couldn't complete the game without cheats - I've completed III, SA, LCS, IV, TLaD, TBoGT and CW with 100% legality (I can't do VC because the disc has been scratched to unplayability).

MrDanceWithLance
  • MrDanceWithLance

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

I try to avoid using cheats during missions as much as possible. However, for the extra hard missions like "The Driver" in GTA Vice City, I have to resort to cheats and exploits in order to pass it. However, during free roam, I enjoy using cheats in order to make the game more fun, such as blowing up all cars, gaining a six star wanted level and flying cars.

I didn't use cheats a lot when playing GTA IV. I only had to use two cheats throughout the whole game: Health and wanted level.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

With GTAIII and GTASA, I used cheats shamelessly. With GTAIV, I cut down on using cheats by only using them to screw around in free roam. In the main storyline (or any gameplay I was going to save) I used no cheats. Now that I've 100% GTAIV, I use cheats gleefully.

MrDanceWithLance
  • MrDanceWithLance

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE (Linki @ Saturday, Apr 7 2012, 22:22)
With GTAIII and GTASA, I used cheats shamelessly. With GTAIV, I cut down on using cheats by only using them to screw around in free roam. In the main storyline (or any gameplay I was going to save) I used no cheats. Now that I've 100% GTAIV, I use cheats gleefully.

Same here. I only overuse cheats in free roam or after storyline completion.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:30 PM

I only use 3 cheats:Full health and armor and wanted level down.

Mr White0161
  • Mr White0161

I am the f*cking shark.

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:53 PM

I'll first beat the game with no cheats then do it again with cheats. Example: I've completed IV 10times. 4 times without cheats, 6 with.

GAME MASTER
  • GAME MASTER

This is the American Dream

• Members

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

I used cheats a lot long time ago and now I don't because cheating ruining the game completion overall stats. However I still use cheats in GTA2 because that game is classic with cheats, specifically in PC mode where you can make new cheats and trainers as well.

I used cheats in San Andreas game where I found out that cheating over 2000 will cause the people to go crazy especially Madd Dogg where you have to save him from jumping over to commit suicide and to gain access to Liberty City from later mission of Salvatore Leone in Las Venturas.

In GTA3 and Liberty City Stories, cheats were vital for me because most of the missions are difficult and it's almost impossible to complete the missions without cheats especially at the end of GTA3 where Claude have to save Maria at the dam.

I used few cheats in Vice City and VCS because there wasn't much difficult missions in that game.

As for GTAIV, cheats caused blocking on trophies and I only use cheats when all of the missions are completed of the game then I wouldn't have to worry. I save frequently to prevent deaths, clearing all dates and miscellaneous missions such as stunt jumps, etc. so saving can help to prevent completion problems when cheating.

At least that is my view on cheat topic. sigh.gif

Kajjy
  • Kajjy

Gay Furry Extraordinaire

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:37 PM Edited by tommyv2468, 09 May 2012 - 11:39 PM.

All the time,but its mostly because im OCD about my car being damaged.
My cash in SA is at 999999999 from cheats to fix my car devil.gif
So yeah pretty much every 5 to 10 seconds bored.gif

Don't judge me.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (GAME MASTER @ Wednesday, May 9 2012, 11:50)
I used cheats in San Andreas game where I found out that cheating over 2000 will cause the people to go crazy especially Madd Dogg where you have to save him from jumping over to commit suicide and to gain access to Liberty City from later mission of Salvatore Leone in Las Venturas.

sarcasm.gif Only one cheat did that...

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

I never experienced that bug. Which cheat does it?

Anyways, I never used cheats (Trust me) but I use Trainers (Not in Missions).

In GTA 4, I first completed the game. After going to GTA4.net, I found those cheats for the first time. tounge.gif
I only knew one cheat for GTA VC when I was new,"Panzer" biggrin.gif . Now I use Trainer when not playing the mission.
As for GTA SA, this one was really hard. The parachute problem was the terrible. So, I needed to use some cheats...but now NO. I can feel that challenge.
GTA 3 was the epic. My friends knew some of them like "Gunsgunsguns" and "Bangbangbang". I found the "Givemeatank" cheat from internet. It was a lot of fun. Getting wasted, causing chaos, etc.

One thing was sure when I used these cheats. I NEVER SAVE THE GAME. It causes different types of crazy sh*ts!

Senex Iunior
  • Senex Iunior

Living in Vice Point since 2002

• Members

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

I use them only after the missions are through to add replayability to the game. (Riot codes FTW in SA.)

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (KaRzY6 @ Wednesday, Apr 4 2012, 06:39)
First I pass the game without cheats. Then once I pass it, I just do want ever I want, that includes using cheats. Some of them make it fun. smile.gif

Exactly the way I approach playing GTA games.

gtafanny
  • gtafanny

Wet n Ready

• Members

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

i rarely cheat during mission game play. however i use cheats and trainers to help GTA games with replayablity.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:10 AM

I used alot of cheats in vc and sa.Thats because of my friends.When I was introduced to GTA I was taught two things.The game's name and the use of cheats.I along with my friends played the gameswith cheats as if it was an indespensable part of the game.I enjoyed the games to the core.Then I matured and when I got GTA IV I never even used the cheats once.THen I went back and beat the previous games without cheats.

Ryujin.
  • Ryujin.

First blood

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:23 AM

when i was like 7 yrs old, my oldest cousin introduced me to the cheat "bigbang" in gta vc. i got addicted into blowing sh*t back then.

now, after 5 years, i avoided using cheats because i like a clean save.
I do use cheats until now but I don't save my game in San Andreas if i cheated because I'm at risk of not attaining 100% completion.

GAME MASTER
  • GAME MASTER

This is the American Dream

• Members

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (RyujinXKaizer @ Friday, May 25 2012, 01:23)
now, after 5 years, i avoided using cheats because i like a clean save.
I do use cheats until now but I don't save my game in San Andreas if i cheated because I'm at risk of not attaining 100% completion.

That why I found a clever way if I want to use cheats without ruining the game completion overall stats is to use Action Replay for PS2 and you can still use cheats system without activating the GTA cheat buttons and it prevents from changing the game progress. It's some sort of bypass system where you can play the game normally when using AR.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users