Photo

Shoutbox

4 replies to this topic
x BL4CKxM1ST x
  • x BL4CKxM1ST x

The One...

• Members

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:27 AM

Hey guys, I was looking up other forums and I see many websites are using this thing called a shoutbox, I happen to use one my self, any ways, I think a shoutbox would make a good addition to the GTAF. Fans from all over the globe can speak to each other and it would be a lot of fun too! I know you guys use invisionfree so I have provided a link HERE for more details! Post replies on your opinion!

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:41 AM

It's a nice idea but it would get clogged very quickly. We simply have too many active members for something like that, and it's be so hard to moderate you couldn't possibly review all the content posted. Also, the forum is too unstable to implement a shout box in.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (x BL4CKxM1ST x @ Tuesday, Apr 3 2012, 23:27)
I know you guys use invisionfree so I have provided a link HERE for more details!

The forum uses Invision Power Board, InvisionFree. Furthermore, unlike InvisionFree, this site is running on its own dedicated server.

And as Craig said, a shoutbox/chatbox (whatever you want to call it) would just be too impractical considering the amount of members online, and it would likely get abused.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:07 AM

We do (or used to, at least) have an IRC channel, so there's always that. At this stage it seems it's better to try to work around the current system than overhaul it or add features to it. confused.gif

x BL4CKxM1ST x
  • x BL4CKxM1ST x

The One...

• Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:22 AM

Well it was just a suggestion. But good facts y'all pointed out!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users