Party's over?
...Blog this (pc version)?
Three leaf clover?

Karambalaya
  • Karambalaya

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

Why are you even comparing "Blog this" and "Three Leaf Clover"? What are you trying to say?

sibs44
  • sibs44

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

It's not that it wasn't easy. I found it to just be a little less difficult compared to the III era games. Missions like Bomb Da Base, espresso 2 go, phnom penh 86, and keep your friends close were pretty hard back in the day. Let's not forget End of the Line from SA; Holy sh*t was that hard.

No missions in IV were as difficult as some of the missions I listed from all III era games. IMO.

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

Time flies when you throw a clock.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:50 PM Edited by AlexGTAGamer, 03 April 2012 - 09:52 PM.

EDIT:

Oh now I understand.

I have to agree with you I had quite a lot of trouble completing some missions from past GTA games but over time through lots of playing and practice I found them easy. I think it really varies with the player whether they can complete a mission without a hitch because they've been doing it for so long and another player who hasn't played very much. confused.gif

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

Dark Esper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (sibs44 @ Tuesday, Apr 3 2012, 16:48)
It's not that it wasn't easy. I found it to just be a little less difficult compared to the III era games. Missions like Bomb Da Base, espresso 2 go, phnom penh 86, and keep your friends close were pretty hard back in the day. Let's not forget End of the Line from SA; Holy sh*t was that hard.

No missions in IV were as difficult as some of the missions I listed from all III era games. IMO.

I really have to agree with you right there. End of the Line was hard as hell, especially the part where you escape smokes palace, putting out the fire and getting shot at the same time, and lets not forget the part where sweet is dangling off of tenpenny's firetruck, took me countless times trying to beat that because he kept missing the car.

The_Anti-tragedy
  • The_Anti-tragedy

I'm walkin' here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

Well in GTA III, there was Grand Theft Aero where some of the Columbian Cartel would shoot me and it'll have the same effect on me as when I shoot the same gun at a pedestrian. In GTA IV, you have some more advantages. Eg: Good guns able to be found at the beginning of the game; the cover system; hot dogs that replenish your health; there's probably some more but I can't name any right now.

lucy12345
  • lucy12345

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Tuesday, Apr 3 2012, 21:51)

I really have to agree with you right there. End of the Line was hard as hell, especially the part where you escape smokes palace, putting out the fire and getting shot at the same time, and lets not forget the part where sweet is dangling off of tenpenny's firetruck, took me countless times trying to beat that because he kept missing the car.

End of the Line was easy. The only hard part was the bit where you have to catch Sweet but even that only took me two tries.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

Dark Esper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (lucy12345 @ Tuesday, Apr 3 2012, 17:41)

End of the Line was easy. The only hard part was the bit where you have to catch Sweet but even that only took me two tries.

I have to disagree, End of the Line was the hardest GTA mission I ever played. Especially if you don't use cheats, it takes a very long time to beat, unless of course you play from day to dark every single day of your life then their is no way that its an easy mission.

lucy12345
  • lucy12345

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Tuesday, Apr 3 2012, 22:47)
QUOTE (lucy12345 @ Tuesday, Apr 3 2012, 17:41)

I have to disagree, End of the Line was the hardest GTA mission I ever played. Especially if you don't use cheats, it takes a very long time to beat, unless of course you play from day to dark every single day of your life then their is no way that its an easy mission.

Yes it's one of the longest missions but that doesn't make it hard. Party's over was short but that was a lot harder. Exactly which part of it was hard? Smoke goes down in a few hits with the right weapon, complete the fire fighter missions then your fireproof making that part easy. Then the one hard part, catching Sweet. After that it's exactly the same as the second half of Reuniting the families.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

IV had a near perfect difficulty for me. I, personally, do not play GTA for extreme challenge. Thank f*ck it wasn't like the III era missions.

Hydro_PlayboyX
  • Hydro_PlayboyX

#TeamFranklin

• Members

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

end of the line with cheats??? you can just run to smoke

on topic: its probably because we got cover system and we could buy hot dogs and drinks to replenish health

CheesyJ
  • CheesyJ

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

Like others have said, it's not that IV was incredibly easy. It's just that it wasn't overly hard in comparison to previous III era GTA games. Thing is though, the gaming industry in general has changed in that respect and a lot of games are easier now.

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

End of the line took me over 1 month to do and plenty of mission fails, dont say it was easy please...

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (Linki @ Wednesday, Apr 4 2012, 22:17)
IV had a near perfect difficulty for me. I, personally, do not play GTA for extreme challenge. Thank f*ck it wasn't like the III era missions.

I feel the same way. Most missions from the GTA III era really drained my interest.

IMO GTA IV has a good balance. There are some hard missions, but not those kind of missions that leave you stranded for too long.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

Maybe I'm just used to the GTA III era, but I honestly thought it was too easy. There wasn't a missions that I had to try more than a few times. And some of my mission failures were because of something stupid, like Niko dying while trying to step onto a curb or Little Jacob dying while opening a door.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

Dark Esper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:51 PM

Reason why most of you think its easy is because you probably played the game more than I have. I haven't played IV in over a month in a half, yet everytime I replay the story, I always wind up failing many missions from getting shot up and losing so much health. Pisses me off when people say "Oh its a really easy game, you just don't know how to play" No I do know how to play, just because you think its easy, doesn't mean everybody else does. This goes for everything. Not trying to flame, just saying.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Thursday, Apr 5 2012, 10:51)
Reason why most of you think its easy is because you probably played the game more than I have. I haven't played IV in over a month in a half, yet everytime I replay the story, I always wind up failing many missions from getting shot up and losing so much health. Pisses me off when people say "Oh its a really easy game, you just don't know how to play" No I do know how to play, just because you think its easy, doesn't mean everybody else does. This goes for everything. Not trying to flame, just saying.

The funny thing with me (this goes for other GTAs too) is after I haven't played for a while I usually fail the relatively simple missions due to something stupid or I'll pass a mission I used to find hard first go.

It's weird lol.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

Try a pistol only run, that's real hard for you.

Mr.Moffat
  • Mr.Moffat

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

honestly, i'd chalk it down to much better controls, simple as that gtaIV with VC controls would prb be hard as hell
and vice versa all the 3 era games with iv controls would prob be fairly easy

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

I don't know about too easy. Was it easier? Yeah I'd say so. Correct me if I'm wrong but, there was little timed missions, little 'protect xyz' missions and not as many racing missions which in the past used to frustrate players massively.

While this was a welcome change (especially for me - I hate racing missions!) it took away a certain sense of achievement. As, instead of finally beating a mission such as The Driver (VC), I found myself blast through the story without a sense of turning the corner or overcoming a major task.

Furthermore, as so many missions could be done on the first go, I felt the missions were as memorable as those in the previous entries (which took a fair few attempts!)

That aside, the cover system definitley helped and made them simpler I felt.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Thursday, Apr 5 2012, 10:54)
Try a pistol only run, that's real hard for you.

Too lazy to do SP for the 3rd time, so I use Pistol+Knife only in MP.

MrDanceWithLance
  • MrDanceWithLance

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:18 AM

End of the Line in GTA San Andreas, and The Driver in GTA Vice City, man they were hard. It took me about 20 tries before I could conquer the level without using cheats.

However, I like GTA IV's missions in the sense they are fun and memorable, such as Russian Revolution, Hostile Negotiation, Three Leaf Clover and To Live and Die in Alderney.

That aside, the cover system definitley helped and made them simpler I felt.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:26 AM

Cover system made it really easy (for me)..

MrDanceWithLance
  • MrDanceWithLance

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:30 AM

The cover system is one of the best features and one of my favourite features of GTA IV. The cover system is also on of the things that makes GTA IV better than GTA San Andreas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users