Photo

GTA: San Andreas Graphics

11 replies to this topic
SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

Is their anyway I can make the graphics better in GTA: SA without modifications? Thanks for the help!

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:56 AM

And without using the highest settings within the game?
Nope.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Godawful-Disturbed-Earl Root

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:47 PM

There is the ADVANCED tab menu within the game, Resolution, color depth and Draw distance will determine how well the game draws and animates, true

For GTA III, there was an initial stage of loading when you're prompted that the game was adapting to your graphics hardware, shaders, filters, whatever it is, I'm not sure why this isn't helpful in later versions. Some games I thought allowed you to pick supported hardware in the software menu, and adapt accordingly. THERE IS the enhanced graphics drivers from nVidia for instance, that allow you to chose the driver priority over that of the software, no matter what software you're running.
Your visual display does play it's part as well, with it's own settings, striking a balance in all that mix

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

Yes he could go into the graphic card's driver controls and set it so when a set game, or all games, run the drivers will set the AA and AF and a few other things, which can in some cases over ride the game's settings. However I believe that is not what he's asking for.
Also some games, and I think the GTA series or at least GTA3, VC and SA, where the driver settings do not affect the game at all.

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:50 AM

Not sure about the ATI side of things but with Nvidia I was able to force AA through drivers on Vice City at least. Never really tried it on SA though.

Slamman
  • Slamman

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

I'd be assuming the driver can override the software, but there is this theory, or, PRACTICE called "Sandboxing" for keeping browser Malware from attacking your system, in the same way I imagine an application can run without external system setting interference?

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (SyphonPayne @ Thursday, Apr 5 2012, 22:50)
Not sure about the ATI side of things but with Nvidia I was able to force AA through drivers on Vice City at least. Never really tried it on SA though.

It's been a long while since I've had the game installed, let alone played it, and I didn't feel like installing it just for that.
I do remember hearing about some games though that pretty much ignore the driver's settings.

Slamman
  • Slamman

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:52 AM

Why uninstall GTA for PC? I can see not having the CD or DVD ROM handy or moved to HDD for playing it that way! haha

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE (Wolf68k @ Friday, Apr 6 2012, 20:29)
QUOTE (SyphonPayne @ Thursday, Apr 5 2012, 22:50)

It's been a long while since I've had the game installed, let alone played it, and I didn't feel like installing it just for that.
I do remember hearing about some games though that pretty much ignore the driver's settings.

I definitely don't try using drivers to force settings unless the setting isn't in the game. A lot of games do ignore driver settings though. others have glitches and/or poor performance as well.

Slamman
  • Slamman

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

There's no harm trying the options, you make it seem like it might cause harm with that ^

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:36 AM

Never said anything about harm. Just more chances for bugs/glitches, or it simply not working at all.

Slamman
  • Slamman

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:55 AM

Well, people panic about messing up their machine as they make the switch between onboard and add in graphics, for one thing. But it's nothing to be TOO worried about if the system has nothing electronically wrong with it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users