Old Skool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

user posted image

user posted image

D E V E L O P E D BY N O O B S T A R

Note:
For years I have wanted to be part of a major mod, but never had the time or patience. I never learnt how to create 3D models (again, due to time) but I've learnt a lot of things with Photoshop. I want this mod to be a mod built by beginners - think of it as a project for first timers who want to learn the basics before moving onto bigger things.

Why 2D:
Again, this is for people who don't have much experience. The 2D games are relatively easy to understand and modify. The idea is to form a team who will focus on this as a first project and upon release, move onto learning new things and creating future modifications using the III or IV engines.

Jobs Available:
I need a number of people to help with development - this can be as little or as much as you like - all I ask for is for a little commitment. I've put certain restrictions on the jobs... although this is "for beginners" you must have some skill in the area you are working. If you are someone who is classed as "intermediate" or "expert" then please don't feel put off applying - I still need a few people who are experienced in creating mods.

JobDescriptionStatusRestrictions
Vehicle Sprite ArtistMaking vehicles for the game - from initial drawing, through to shading and fine-tuning. Recruiting Age: 16+
Map Sprite ArtistCreating sprites to be used in mapping, both terrain and objects. Recruiting Age: 16+
Scripter / Coder All aspects of coding within the game - whether it be the dynamics of the map or mission scripts. Recruiting Age: 16+
Skill: High
Sound ArtistCreating new and modern sounds to assist in making a dynamic & vibrant map. Recruiting Age: 16+
Voice ActorActors required to give their voices to in-game characters. Not Yet Recruiting Age: 18+
Accent: English, Scottish or Welsh
Radio DJResponsible for making exciting and entertaining radio stations for players to listen to. Recruiting Age: 18+
Accent: English, Scottish or Welsh
Website DesignerResponsible for creating a professional looking webpage. Not Yet Recruiting Age: 16+
Graphics DesignerNeeded to create promotional images. Recruiting Age: 16+
Concept Designer & ResearcherResponsible for creating concepts (such as sprites) and researching real-world data to use in development. Recruiting Age: 16+
Story DeveloperRequired to build an in-depth story. Recruiting Age: 18+

Please contact me via PM if you would like to be part of this project.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Mod

Build:
Although this is a "modification" it will essentially be a new game, with completely new graphics, sounds, etc and a new storyline.

Overview:
The year 2013, set in England... in a county that is yet to be named (made up). Storyline to be developed, although I'm leaning towards something "Kent Paul" related tounge2.gif

Setting:
Modern day England. A large map, with urban, suburban, beach and countryside areas.

Initial Tests:
ATOP I've started on the emergency vehicles, mainly as this gives me 3 things to play with: 1) vehicles, 2) animation and 3) sound.

This will take some time, but I'm hoping it will be a success. All updates will be posted in this thread.

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING

Triple Penetration
  • Triple Penetration

Box ♡ Out

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

Those restrictions (except on voice acting) are utter bullsh*t. That way you'll get less help, I know a few little kids (not that I am an adult) who can do a lot of stuff you listed perfectly.

Plus I'd rather some HD topdown action, with smooth sprites, but this seems nice too. Good luck.

Kent Traffic Cop
  • Kent Traffic Cop

Old Skool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (Triple Penetration @ Tuesday, Apr 3 2012, 09:35)
Those restrictions (except on voice acting) are utter bullsh*t. That way you'll get less help, I know a few little kids (not that I am an adult) who can do a lot of stuff you listed perfectly.

No it's not - I've worked on a couple of mods before (only played a small role) where "kids" have been involved... and been part of clans where "kids" are members...

...and in my experience it always goes pear-shaped. They may be perfectly capable, but the last thing I want is to get half way through the project and someone pull out because "blah blah blah called me a noob so I'm deleting all my work."

I'm not trying to be horrible to anyone, but I just want more mature people involved - I've learnt from experience. I don't want to see any toys being thrown out of prams... you've only got to look at the "Gangs" section and the "V" section to see that things can get very silly very quickly confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users