Flight Control

17 replies to this topic
UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

In BF3 controlling a flight was a nightmare.if you are a noob it would take atleast 10 suicide to just know how to fly( it took me a week to properly fly the jet).

in GTA 5, maybe rockstar should add somekind of training or a pilot school.i dont want use the flight for the first time and end up with a suicide.maybe it should be off limit in the beginning of the story.

in the sametime i dont want jet control to be very easy (eg.HAWX 2).so what you guys think?

should we able to fly without even going to a proper pilot school?.or not?
after acqurinig the license we could be able to fly the jet with ease biggrin.gif

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

Good idea.. a pilot school would be great to have in GTA V, having an actuall license to fly airplanes/jets is way more realistic than just being able to fly any plane almost perfectly from the start

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

I found flying to be extremely easy in Battlefield 3. Then again, I guess that's because I flew a lot in Battlefield 1943 (which has much better vehicle combat than Battlefield 3).

Anyways, if we're playing as somebody that doesn't know how to fly from the beginning, then it would be most authentic to having a school to teach you how to fly.

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

It wouldn't be that hard. I could see a flight school being implemented, even though pop up hints on the top left side of the screen could easily guide you through it.

MrAfro77
  • MrAfro77

I love bewbies

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

They need to change the controls for flying in general the flight controls in GTA suck its too easy

I hope they do make the flight controls for GTA V like BF3 im a decent pilot in that game plus it separates the men from the noobs, I hate how any idiot in GTA IV can fly a heli and be a massive sh*t disturber it so annoying

I hope in GTA V you will have to put some time in to be a goood pilot cuz TBOGT was filled really good annoying buzzard pilots that dont know when to quit

LewisMiller
  • LewisMiller

Luton Tannnnnn

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

Haha, Battlefield 1943 I remember spending the whole game outside the air raid thing lol, memories.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (MrAfro77 @ Monday, Apr 2 2012, 18:25)
They need to change the controls for flying in general the flight controls in GTA suck its too easy

I hope they do make the flight controls for GTA V like BF3 im a decent pilot in that game plus it separates the men from the noobs, I hate how any idiot in GTA IV can fly a heli and be a massive sh*t disturber it so annoying

I hope in GTA V you will have to put some time in to be a goood pilot cuz TBOGT was filled really good annoying buzzard pilots that dont know when to quit

icon14.gif totally agree with you

maybe they should put a cap on lower level players from hoping in the jet.only a veteran or a person with a pilot license should able to fly the jet in both sp and mp

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

I once flown an F-16 in a real simulator (a real cockpit with a screen in front of it) and i didnt need instructions.

There was just a joystick, a throttle, and a lot of buttons.

There by, GTA is not a flight simulator, so it shouldnt be too hard to fly a plane.

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Monday, Apr 2 2012, 18:40)

icon14.gif totally agree with you

maybe they should put a cap on lower level players from hoping in the jet.only a veteran or a person with a pilot license should able to fly the jet in both sp and mp

I like you're idea of limiting jet and heli access to licensed pilots. That would be better than arbitrarily making the flight controls more difficult. I'm all for a learning curve with the control scheme, but only out of necessity... not for something as frivolous or ego-serving as "separating the men from the noobs," which is not at all what GTA is about. If anything, GTA has always been about making it easy to do incredible things you can't do it real life. If the cost is a little griefing here and there, so be it.

IBrahemoX1X
  • IBrahemoX1X

STFU

• Members

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Monday, Apr 2 2012, 17:42)
In BF3 controlling a flight was a nightmare.if you are a noob it would take atleast 10 suicide to just know how to fly( it took me a week to properly fly the jet).

Really ,, okey maybe you are not good in flaying JETS , it took me tow hours to know how to flay ,
it's maybe cuz i played the whole series

ON TOPIC : good idea . icon14.gif

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (r0eladn @ Monday, Apr 2 2012, 18:48)
I once flown an F-16 in a real simulator (a real cockpit with a screen in front of it) and i didnt need instructions.

There by, GTA is not a flight simulator, so it shouldnt be too hard to fly a plane.

maybe you are talking about a civilian f-16 simulator but for official Lockheed Martin simulator here is the linkLockheed Martin F-16

its very hard to fly a fighter jet biggrin.gif

@IBrahemoX1X yes i suck at flying jet (i have only 10 kills cryani.gif )

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

If you ♥ the $, then prepare to die for it.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

There will be good pilots regardless that force you to fight more tactical and realistic matches (indoors/sheltered) because after all it is a new battle element. There should just be an option to turn off helicopters and planes for those that don't want to risk playing good pilots.

*f*ck BF3 jet controls though (they just scrambled the pitch and yaw controls to force people who gave a f*ck to memorize a different set of controls). It's not the controls that should make flying more difficult, but the physics. Helicopters on the other hand are very difficult to fly IRL so there should be very unstable choppers in online play only similar to the VC news chopper but more realistic.

Artful.
  • Artful.

=AoD=

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

It's more amusing to watch people try and fail.

Nebby
  • Nebby

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (XxArtfullxX @ Monday, Apr 2 2012, 15:07)
It's more amusing to watch people try and fail.

This.

I'd be a nice feature, but in the end everybody would complain about it because they're getting completely wrecked.

As Ryan say's - "This is why we can't have nice thing's". icon14.gif

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Blue lives don't matter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

Due to RAGE flying planes will definitely be different from GTASA.

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Monday, Apr 2 2012, 18:56)
QUOTE (r0eladn @ Monday, Apr 2 2012, 18:48)

maybe you are talking about a civilian f-16 simulator but for official Lockheed Martin simulator here is the linkLockheed Martin F-16

its very hard to fly a fighter jet biggrin.gif

@IBrahemoX1X yes i suck at flying jet (i have only 10 kills cryani.gif )

No. At the military airforce base in Leeuwarden (the netherlands)

I dont remember it being hard.

spike88
  • spike88

Big Boss

• Members

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (r0eladn @ Monday, Apr 2 2012, 13:48)

Flying a plane is quite easy, I've put enough time in FSX and DCS A-10 to know that. Small propeller planes easily get off the ground. The hard part is landing.

Also if you get into anything with a jet engine, or commercial aircraft with propellers, starting them is not as easy as just turning on a switch.

TrialzGTAS
  • TrialzGTAS

Hopes for turnout gear in V!

• Members

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

>_>

Right trigger to go
Left trigger to stop
Down to go up
Up to go down
Right analog button releases dust/wheel door

Its all you have to do, stop over thinking it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users