Quantcast

» «
Photo

are these steps help improve fps of my computer?

4 replies to this topic
kariem
  • kariem

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

Hello everyone

Some people said that If these steps can help reduce lagging and improve fps in gta IV. I wanna make sure if these are true or not :

1. Change the game's priority to high in task manager

2. Open run, type dxdiag then open the sounds tab and move the horizontal scroll thing in the tab to the. left ( I forget what the name of the bar confused.gif )

3. Enable triple buffering

So, which point is true or false?

If anyone have idea of how to improve the fps internally, I mean, through changing in pc's settings, not externally --> reccomend to buy another pc tounge.gif .,

ok so, if anyone knows, then tell me please. I hate to play game with small but frequent lags :s

ManyThanks

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

If you have a good rig then the fps will be fine. I have 10-12 fps and my game runs just fine. smile.gif If you try this then the risk of crashing of your OS is possible. lol.gif

kariem
  • kariem

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

Hey what do you mean good rig? :s

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

He means, having a good PC.

There isn't much you can do to gain major speed increases. You need to have a decent enough PC, an operating system working in normal condition and (when it comes to GTAIV) some luck. The only real tool is memrestrict commandline switch, which can in some cases help with the game's lousy memory management and consequently improve performance in some areas.

synchro_w
  • synchro_w

LOSE THE PIGS!

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (kariem @ Monday, Apr 2 2012, 11:52)
Hello everyone

Some people said that If these steps can help reduce lagging and improve fps in gta IV. I wanna make sure if these are true or not :

1. Change the game's priority to high in task manager

2. Open run, type dxdiag then open the sounds tab and move the horizontal scroll thing in the tab to the. left ( I forget what the name of the bar confused.gif )

3. Enable triple buffering

So, which point is true or false?

If anyone have idea of how to improve the fps internally, I mean, through changing in pc's settings, not externally --> reccomend to buy another pc tounge.gif .,

ok so, if anyone knows, then tell me please. I hate to play game with small but frequent lags :s

ManyThanks

@kariem
if you're not familar w PC desktops and/or operating systems [ie, winXP, windows 7] then i'd say beg someone who knows about this stuff and enjoys playing games on his rig. for me it was just a process of elimination. you're bound to have a PCI express grfx card...right? is it ATI or nvidia? are the drivers up to date? have you done a 'dxdiag' [type that in the 'run' command line]? my knowledge of win7 is limited since i still use winXP pro. dxdiag will let you test the grfx of your grfx card.

there's a possibility that if you bought your pc ready built then you have an under powered PSU [power supply unit] to cope with ram, cpu, hdd AND, more importantly for games, graphics card [the nvidia or ATI card that sits on your motherboard]. if you have a 300-350 watt PSU then that could cause lag. not enough power is getting to your whole pc.

eg, i have a HP intel quadcore i3. it has only a 300watt PSU. if i added a PCI express graphics card it would cause a lot of problems.

but i'm guessing you have just to get the right setting. try turning the vertical sync on or off in graphics 3D properties, or, change general graphics to 'performance' from 'average' or 'quality'.

that's all i can tell u cos u cannot do much harm with these simple settings.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users