Toonami

9 replies to this topic
TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

That guy who eats pizza at flea markets

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

So anyone watch the return of Toonami on adult swim last night? I know it was probably an april fools joke, but a damn good one at that. I was so happy to see shows like Yu Yu Hakusho, Gundam Wing, and Dragonball Z return, even if it was for one night only. What are your thoughts on this? I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW! just hope its back for good, hopefully.

kaisersoza_66
  • kaisersoza_66

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

The days when cartoons weren't just for kids cry.gif

i hope Dragonball z is back. It will be great for the next generation of young people to see it. Im glad i got the chance to happy.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

I saw that yesterday. If it was only an April's fools joke, then it's the cruelest of all jokes.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

I saw it, and thought it was great to see those old graphics again. And I like those quirky anime shows like Tenchi muyo. But it looks like it was only an April Fools flashback.

kaisersoza_66
  • kaisersoza_66

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

c*ntS! whats the point?

There are some sick f*cks out there!

HydraulicWaRiOr
  • HydraulicWaRiOr

I Left My Wallet In El Segundo

• Members

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE (kaisersoza_66 @ Monday, Apr 2 2012, 09:18)

i hope Dragonball z is back. It will be great for the next generation of young people to see it. Im glad i got the chance to happy.gif

I'm 19 and I still watch Adventure Time and Regular Show tounge.gif

But Toonami again would be awesome. I miss DBZ and One Piece. The rest of the sh*t on Cartoon Network is just retard sh*ts and giggles, I swear, they've come up with the stupidest shows lately. I'm just glad to turn on the T.V. on Monday nights and see something productive. Hopefully Adventure Time and Regular Show get more than 3-4 seasons. But anyways, I hope Toonami returns too, I didn't really follow through on the DBZ series when I first watched it.

gta_king
  • gta_king

JCM

• Members

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (kaisersoza_66 @ Monday, Apr 2 2012, 10:18)

There is a lot of animation out there now which still isn't just for kids, you just won't get a lot of it shown on television because of licensing costs and it's a niche market. (Maybe a bad choice of words because it is popular, just not popular enough for them to justify it being on TV)

Check out what there is to offer though, honestly what was shown on Toonami was just scraping the surface.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

They wouldn't even have to work hard to bring it back. They could just rerun the entire thing. It was on air for like what, 11 years? Perfect for kids these days that didn't even exist at the time. Kinda like what Boomerang is doing with its 60 year old cartoons. I still watch Top Cat and Flintstones.

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

I watched it also, fortunately. I was so close to missing it. Toonami returning was at first an April Fools attempt, but due to the large audience liking it, Williams Street(Adult Swim), asked on Twitter if we all wanted it back with the hash tag #BringBackToonami.

Dragon Ball Z and Yu Yu aired only because Toonami advertised the DVD box sets. I have to say, Cartoon Network still hasn't forgot their roots and this is a good thing. Cartoon Planet returned and now just possibly Toonami.

"An all new episode of Bleach, next Saturday night. Only Toonami on Adult Swim." I like cursing Tom!

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

I remember Toonami in the UK a number of years ago, it had the same sort of shows (anime mainly) and was geared towards to the teenage audience, what with this weird robot on a space station literally going around and plugging TVs in so we could watch the content. It was an offshoot of Cartoon Network in that Toonami would be shown as the programmes (maybe a two hour slot) and then we'd see the programmes within that. I don't know how long it lasted, but I do remember watching Dragonball Z. As time went by though, the slot gradually grew smaller and smaller, a bit like Skatoony and Space Ghost. I never really followed it but I enjoyed the shows. If I ever want to sample nostalgia, I'll go on YouTube and dig up old cartoons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users