Looking for people to play with? Check the CSTFA topic.
First person shooter video game which is a part of the Counter Strike game series. Announced to the public on 12th August, 2011, and is developed by Valve and Hidden Path Entertainment. The game was released on 21st August in 2012 for the PS3, X360, Microsoft Windows and OS X and later Linux as a downloadable file. It contains classic game modes as:
-Classic Casual and Classic Competitive: Classical game modes of Bomb defusal and Hostage rescue. Casual and Competitive have different rules to better suit casual players and competitive players.
- Bomb Defusal: The Terrorists must plant a C4 at a bombsite and the Counter-Terrorists must defend the bombsite.
- Hostage Rescue: The Counter-Terrorists must rescue the hostages and the Terrorists must defend the hostages.
-Arsenal: Two new modes based on the popular Gun Game mod.
- Arsenal: Demolition: Fast paced bomb defusal with weapon progression elements.
- Arsenal: Arms Race: Respawning deathmatch where players must progress through a list of weapons.
-Deathmatch (PC Only): Team-based respawning deathmatch.
At launch Global Offensive had a total of 16 official maps: 8 updated classic maps, and 8 brand new maps for the Arsenal game mode.
- Dust II
- Cache (official since July 1st, 2014)
- Cobblestone (released on December 18th, 2013)
- Mirage (released on June 12th, 2013)
- Overpass (released on December 18th, 2013)
- Vertigo (released on October 1st, 2012)
- Assault (released on February 7th, 2013)
- Militia (released on March 21st, 2013)
- Monastery (released on October 1st, 2012)
- St. Marc
- Shortdust (released on November 11th, 2014)
- St. Marc
Current Operation Pass: