grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012
    Topic of the Year 2011 "GTA V Screenshot Fun"

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:02 PM Edited by grope_4_that_date, 01 April 2012 - 05:05 PM.

Hello,

This argument is subjective, but I really feel like the following words should be censored.

• fa**ot
• fag

As the following words are censored:

• sh*t
• ni**er
• Chevy Chase turn.gif
• c*nt

Regards,
Grope

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

I can't see this happening, though not for the reason I'm about to suggest.

Y'see, a fa**ot is a traditional food in the UK. A fa**ot is traditionally made from pig's heart, liver and fatty belly meat or bacon minced together, with herbs added for flavouring and sometimes bread crumbs. The mixture is shaped in the hand into balls, wrapped round with caul fat (the omentum membrane from the pig's abdomen), and baked.

Users are reminded whenever we see it used, and that doesn't seem all that often. Certainly not often enough to have the gay community on the forum to go up in arms. If they're enough of a bigot to use the word, they should Jew off, and stop being so black about things.

grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:22 PM

I don't think too many members here will need to refer to a national dish embodying Pig hearts. cool.gif

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (grope_4_that_date @ Sunday, Apr 1 2012, 12:22)
I don't think too many members here will need to refer to a national dish embodying Pig hearts. cool.gif

I don't think too many need to use the word fa**ot either.

grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:48 PM Edited by grope_4_that_date, 01 April 2012 - 05:51 PM.

QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Sunday, Apr 1 2012, 16:45)
After 3-4 races some leave but also I get kicked instead of a Sabre GT fa**ot who drove backwards ramming people.

QUOTE (HydraulicWaRiOr @ Sunday, Apr 1 2012, 08:49)
I don't associate gay people with being bad, but I use fa**ot, gay, and other words to describe things that I don't like. And if you feel offended by the word "fa**ot", then you're a fa**ot.

QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Monday, Mar 19 2012, 21:21)
Anyways, I'm fine with any blip option, as long as there are no fa**ot snipers.

QUOTE (Versous @ Saturday, Feb 4 2012, 14:54)
Calm down fa**ot, just an idea!

QUOTE (Ciccibrillo @ Sunday, Apr 1 2012, 12:39)
If you wrote "Italy sucks" to an Italian, he would start to say that your mother is a bitch and you are a fa**ot/asshole/etc.

People do. It's fine. I don't really see a point in arguing about it. Sorry for bringing it up.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

A Stitch in Time C9

• United-States

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

Who even still uses fa**ot as a derogatory term towards gays anyhow? You don't call someone a fa**ot because they're gay. You call someone a fa**ot because they're being a stupid fa**ot. Louis CK explains it:

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Annoying Forum Member

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

Also, some people in England call smoking a cigarette; a fag.

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

The boatman stays with the boat.

• Members

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (Craig @ Sunday, Apr 1 2012, 11:17)
they should Jew off

I'm insulted. mad.gif

We should sensor jew, white, and black while we're at it.

blitz
  • blitz

yeah no

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

How about censoring 'nigga?' It's a common slang term, even though it's racist and shouldn't be used, ni**er is.

Kent Traffic Cop
  • Kent Traffic Cop

Old Skool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

The next time I'm in a restaurant, I am SO going to ask "Do you serve fa**ot?" biggrin.gif

Wait, maybe this could be a new thing... America has "Coning" maybe the UK could have "fa**oting" - you go to a restaurant, order a fa**ot and film the persons reaction wow.gif

/offtopic

ontopic/

Meh... I wouldn't say it's offensive, but then no one in the UK would, because it's not really used here.

bluesboyjr
  • bluesboyjr

Founder of the Zee Memorial Foundation

• Members

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (blitz @ Sunday, Apr 1 2012, 22:18)
How about censoring 'nigga?' It's a common slang term, even though it's racist and shouldn't be used, ni**er is.

Nigga and ni**er are two different words. "N*gger" is a highly offensive racial slur. "Nigga" is a term of endearment.

OT: The difference between fag/fa**ot and f*ck/c*nt is that f*ck and c*nt are universal swear words which everyone who speaks the English language acknowledges to be "offensive", while fag and fa**ot are only offensive in the USA - here in Britain, a fag is a cigarette and a fa**ot is bloody delicious:

user posted image

It's like the word 'spaz': in America, it's synonymous with crazy or rad or something, while in Britain it's a highly offensive slur against the disabled.

grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:19 AM

Does the UK use the word as slang though? I can understand them calling a cigarette a fag, but I think they'd be just as offended as Americans if they used it as a derogatory term.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:19 AM

It's weird, I don't really see people in the UK really flare up over words. I suppose the ones that garner more of a reaction are those geared towards people who are mentally handicapped - words like "mong" and "windowlicker" seem to cause more offense.

bluesboyjr
  • bluesboyjr

Founder of the Zee Memorial Foundation

• Members

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (grope_4_that_date @ Monday, Apr 2 2012, 02:19)
Does the UK use the word as slang though? I can understand them calling a cigarette a fag, but I think they'd be just as offended as Americans if they used it as a derogatory term.

Well, yeah, calling a gay person a fa**ot over here isn't really condoned, thanks to our awareness of the American usage of the word, but that's not the point. If you were to install auto-censoring of the word fag, then whenever a British person would say something like "I was smoking a fag", it would come out as f*g, which would be censoring something completely innocent. Unless someone was to devise some sort of software that could detect when words were being used derogatorily, you're left with the Sc*nthorpe problem.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:25 AM

I would hope that most people were grown up enough not to use words like that on a forum anyway, but hey it happens. I like to warn/ban people who use certain words such as these we are discussing because they are stupid/retarded and deserve to be warned and banned, its like a help service to lower the % of stupidity in the world.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

Go through these topic. All of them have fa**ot word in it. Censoring them won't be enough as the Member will understand that he has been offended badly (Only if he/she doesn't deserve it). As most of them said, the MODS give warns and bans which really suits them.

I don't see much point in this topic...sorry.

GTAIndonesia
  • GTAIndonesia

Gone

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

Like this?
http://en.wikipedia....i/Faggot_(food)

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

Inactive Account

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

I think what you need to understand grope_4_that_date, that this forum is based around GTA a series which is always for those over the age of 15.

Personally I surprised we have any censorship.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Reaper. @ Wednesday, Apr 4 2012, 13:05)
Personally I surprised we have any censorship.

Google ads policy that pay for our server costs....yada...yada...

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

Nowadays people just say stuff without really thinking about its real meaning. If I call someone a fa**ot it's not because I'm trying to homophobic, it basically means "You're annoying me" "you're stupid" etc. Obviously if I knew the person was gay I wouldn't call them a fa**ot because that brings a whole different meaning to the situation. It's really just an offensive word turned into a casual term.

I really don't see how censoring it would make any difference anyway, if it's read as f*ggot, you still know exactly what they're saying, so if you take offense to the word your still going to be offended whether it's censored or not.

It's interesting though how words change their meaning over time.

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

I received my first warning the other day, for referring to the annoying USAS 12 fraggot idiots on Battlefield 3 pre-patch as "fa**ots", I was told it was a hateful word to use, and homophobic slurs are not tolerated....even a gay battlefield player would probably describe those f*ckers as fa**ots though!

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

Yeah, I think this topic has gone too far now. Irrespective of whether the word is censored or not, the context that you use it in can be termed derogatory and that is something we do not expect from our members.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users