Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

ei naid, a question:
can you make cars rims selectable? biggrin.gif

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE (Vanni83 @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 16:13)
ei naid, a question:
can you make cars rims selectable? biggrin.gif

You mean in-game? Would be nice, like a tuning shop, but afaik impossible. I cannot put different wheels on a specific car, this will corrupt the model structure. Maybe there is a way but then I don't know it. haha turn.gif

Vanni83
  • Vanni83

I want it all!

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:40 AM

mmhhh yes, it will be nice, like the adding of the cars part in the trainer, plus with rims option biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:45 PM Edited by NaidRaida, 26 April 2012 - 08:16 PM.

I think it's possible to add different wheels as extra part but they probably won't work correctly because the animations for the wheels can't be assigned to different or several model parts.
I have to rename them so that the game recognize them as extra part, but then they cannot be recognized as wheels which need the scripted wheel animation.

Head post updated! 04/26

lowridincrew
  • lowridincrew

The WerkHeads Vice President

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:28 AM

Haven't been on in a while. This is slick keep it up!

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

Window Licker 4 Blondes

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:41 AM

Oracle SE (WIP)

user posted image user posted image

DO WANT! BETA FOR A OLD BUDDY? blush.gif

Triple Penetration
  • Triple Penetration

Box ♡ Out

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

Please make it two-colour, just like the new Schafter in TBOGT. I'm pleading you!

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:54 PM Edited by NaidRaida, 28 April 2012 - 09:15 PM.

QUOTE (PacketOVerload_x64Bit @ Saturday, Apr 28 2012, 06:41)
DO WANT! BETA FOR A OLD BUDDY?  blush.gif

No. I don't like to share non approved stuff. You'll have to wait. I could have worked more on this one already but another car suddenly caught my attention and stopped me working on the Oracle.

QUOTE (Triple Penetration @ Saturday, Apr 28 2012, 18:07)
Please make it two-colour, just like the new Schafter in TBOGT. I'm pleading you!

Which one? The Oracle?

Right now all four color slots are assigned (rim color 1 + 2, body color, metallic effect color). I will have to take one of the rim colors for the second body color then. I will give it a try but
I suddenly moved to another car which you may like too: the Schafter2 from TBoGT (the already tuned one). I will put all energy in this one first, but will go back to the Oracle later.

user posted image
(Original Schafter2)

I'm having some issues right now but testing goes on. Some screenshots should be ready very soon.

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

Window Licker 4 Blondes

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

Awww. ^ The comment makes Packet frowny-face. wink.gif Just kidding. Thanks anyway? colgate.gif

Hey Naid, If you can do a UV-unwrap, I can make vinyls for these. I know %0 about modelling. Here's some information if you're interested, from a very reputable, experienced source:

doing this is quite easy actually.
First: open my Lambo's wtd and see the file name convention of the liveries, the "gal" part is changeable.

So, for having paintjobs you have to use the paint3 shader instead of paint1. The difference here is the UV mapping.
Once you have mapped UV1, dirt, scratches, car color etc, right-click the object(s)/properties and give it an UV2. To map this, you need ZM's mapping tool where you can either simply make a copy of UV1 to UV1 or make it manually onto UV2.

The assemblance of the paint3 shader is different to paint1 as well:
texture uv1, texture uv2, dirt uv1, spec uv1
now, texture UV1 is simply the usual blank white, grey or whatever you prefer. texture UV2 is the paintjob, on my lambo its gal_sign_1.png.
You can place 4 PJ files into the WTD (or even more, causing weird behavior maybe). If you want the car being Paintable via trainer only, you're done. If it has to spawn with a paintjob, add +livery to the vehicles.dat line. If you want to have random PJ/noonPJ on streets, use one or two EMPTY .png files as PJ, 100% alpha channeled. Time to time hthe vehicle will only have car color if the game chooses the empty PJ.

To get the template just make every part visible in ZM. Now go into vertex or whatever mode and again use the UV tool, but be careful! Select old mapping, no changes. then you can select the paint3 material only. Screenshot it as big as possible and you're done.

2048x2048 is really nice for workin' those vinyls and paintjobs in as you can use the auto-select tool to outline the negative space around the uvwrap to paint and cut only on the model area of the vinyl.

colgate.gif wink.gif
Cheers and best of luck and continued success with whatever you work on, good sir.
-Packet

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

Window Licker 4 Blondes

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

You reminded me of all the cool cars from EFLC thanks Naid smile.gif

I'm gonna import the Schafter2 until you get done yours. I like the new rims and look of the car. Very impressed man, Love what you're doing here. Especially love that the poly count is akin to the originals yet the overall look is drastically improved.

-Packet

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:20 PM Edited by NaidRaida, 01 May 2012 - 02:31 AM.

What you said about the poly count is simply true. There won't be any lag with these cars, they're almost original when it comes to poly count. You know, I love the stock traffic. Much more classic flair! wink.gif

But the Schafter 'Bullet' doesn't have new rims. I thought the original rims have enough potential to look great. I only resized/scaled the wheels, put in a different brake disc and re-configured the wheels
positions, including appropriate handling. And I separated the wheels materials so that you can edit the inner rim color. Small changes, but looks way better than original.
I would prefer a decent tuning also in real life. Sometimes, less is better than more, isn't it? Like I said, it's not my goal to re-model the cars, only some finishing. You can see it's a Schafter but a special one!

Head post updated! 05/01

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

Window Licker 4 Blondes

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE (NaidRaida @ Monday, Apr 30 2012, 10:20)
What you said about the poly count is simply true. There won't be any lag with these cars, they're almost original when it comes to poly count. You know, I love the stock traffic. Much more classic flair! wink.gif

But the Schafter 'Bullet' doesn't have new rims. I thought the original rims have enough potential to look great. I only resized/scaled the wheels, put in a different brake disc and re-configured the wheels
positions, including appropriate handling.  And I separated the wheels materials so that you can edit the inner rim color. Small changes, but looks way better than original.
I would prefer a decent tuning also in real life. Sometimes, less is better than more, isn't it? Like I said, it's not my goal to re-model the cars, only some finishing. You can see it's a Schafter but a special one!

Head post updated! 05/01

BAH! 920KB! BLASPHEMY! NO WAY. tounge.gif Nice job Naid. I always knew you were a ninja ph34r.gif and I've been wishing someone who had the time and skill set to do this, would for a long time. Your direction is a good one - and you've started flawlessly. Keep it up homie. Are we allowed to post screens of your re-works here, or do we post 'em in the screenshot thread?

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

Should be okay to post some screens here but not constantly, not too many and not too big please. Nevertheless I'm interested in how it's looking! A small amount of pics is okay I think. smile.gif

Head post updated! ---> Tampa GT exhaust re-designed (05/01/12)

Triple Penetration
  • Triple Penetration

Box ♡ Out

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:47 AM

I'm always for the lesser the better, and the exausts were too much on the schafter (GTA IV one), and these on Tampa fit Sabre more.

I just have a thing for a single exhaust-only cars. And when's the oracle with two colour body?

user posted image
user posted image

I have seen many of them like that, like Blue outer and White inside colour combinations.

And you gotta make the Rebla into gangster car.

user posted image
user posted image

It already has 2 versions, modding it shouldn't be hard at all. icon14.gif

P.S. Sorry for flooding with pictures, they're to show what I mean. I'll take 'em down if you say so.

pez2k
  • pez2k

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:39 PM

Nice work on all five cars, I much prefer mods that fit with the original content like this. The Tampa especially is great, a lot more purposeful than the original car.

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

Thanks guys. If you want to proof something with pictures I have no problem with posting them, if it is no flood. I will move back to the Oracle next. The Rebla? Maybe... Still having much more plans.
To the exhausts: Single exhausts can be nice too, I was thinking a four pipe version is good for the Schafter cause this reminds of the AMG versions from Mercedes Benz which mostly have big four pipe
exhaust systems. But maybe I return to the Schafter again, I was temporarily thinking it's exhausts may be just a bit too big, I mean the pipes could need a slightly smaller diameter.

Mrgrandis_HKG
  • Mrgrandis_HKG

Busted

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

Outstanding!! I've been waiting for these kind of vehicle mod a long long time! Many thanks! biggrin.gif

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:16 PM Edited by NaidRaida, 06 May 2012 - 02:03 AM.

Head post updated! ---> Schafter exhaust resized, other fixes (05/06/12)

Head post updated! ---> Oracle exhaust new adjusted, second body color enabled, other fixes (05/06/12)

Triple Penetration
  • Triple Penetration

Box ♡ Out

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:40 AM Edited by Triple Penetration, 06 May 2012 - 10:42 AM.

Mother of gods that is so good!

I knew it would be an instant download, but when I saw the picture, I wasn't expecting that.

I think you forgot to edit the whole trunk to be coloured in the secondary colour, but I like it this way too.

Here, have a cookie. cookie.gif

Edit:

Doesn't it remind you of this car - Hey, the link is here? ph34r.gif

ozybain
  • ozybain

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:57 AM

bro, your a genius.
i want to do stuff like this. but i'm not sure how to go about it. i have some ideas tho. Ama put some down if u dont mind.

http://img.photobuck...JAM86/bmwm3.jpg - sentinel with a high spoiler.

and also in your next realse could you put the uv layout so that people can start doing custom paint jobs for your amazing work.
p.s ama make a car pack with your cars and build up as the come out.. name (w.i.p) naidraida's ultimate make ova stock pack. smile.gif

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:40 PM Edited by NaidRaida, 11 May 2012 - 02:43 PM.

Thanks for your comments!

QUOTE (Triple Penetration @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 12:40)
to edit the whole trunk to be coloured in the secondary colour

>>> I was pretty unsure about the trunk. First I limited the 2nd color appearing only to the upper parts of the car, I wasn't sure if it looks good to put more.
The middle part of the Oracle's trunk has not the best shape for this extra color, you can only see this if you have access to the poly mesh but it's most likely that I will test different ways of this coloring.
In every way it has more potential than a second rim color. I will try to add more of this sporty coloring in future if there a enough free colors to assign.

Do you have a rear picture of the red BMW up there? I would like to know how they made the paintjob on the rear.

Doesn't it remind you of this car - Hey, the link is here?

>>> The Oracle actually doesn't remind of this car, maybe just the rude design. It's one from the 3 series, the Oracle looks like one from the 7 series.
Could be possible that I will move to the Sentinel next which looks more similar to the one in your pic. But the Sentinel M definitely will appear here someday!

QUOTE (ozybain @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 12:57)
i want to do stuff like this. but i'm not sure how to go about it.

>>> First you need some tool for modeling. Thats the only thing you have to pay for. ZModeler is pretty much enough for IV cars. Everything else is just learning by doing. No pro has fallen from the sky.

[...] could you put the uv layout so that people can start doing custom paint jobs for your amazing work.

>>> I didn't bothered the UV channels much so far and I'm really not a fan of fancy paintjobs so if I will take a look at this I don't know right now.

p.s ama make a car pack with your cars and build up as the come out.. name (w.i.p) naidraida's ultimate make ova stock pack.

>>> The idea about a car pack is nice, I should add something like that here if someone wants to download all cars in one step. Well, what you're going to do with "my" cars is up to you. Just give some credit where it's due.

Head post updated! ---> Working on new car! 05/11/12

Cesar_Garcia
  • Cesar_Garcia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:49 AM

Awesome work dude, keep it up! Can't wait for the new cars. cookie.gif

SNAKE DOC
  • SNAKE DOC

\o/

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE (Cesar_Garcia @ Sunday, May 20 2012, 08:49)
Awesome work dude, keep it up! Can't wait for the new cars. cookie.gif

What he said!

I really like the Sabre GTR. The handling on it is very nice.

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:07 PM Edited by NaidRaida, 20 May 2012 - 11:29 PM.

Thank you. I was lazy these days but here's some progress.

Head post updated! ---> Sentinel M almost finished. 05/21/12

I use big single pics for previews from now on to bypass the pic limit per post.

Triple Penetration
  • Triple Penetration

Box ♡ Out

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:16 PM

On the top pictures it totally reminds me of Subaru Impreza 22B, because of the hood's shape in the left pic and foglights in the right one. Stunning resemblance I never noticed.

Apart from the awesome double-colour pattern, I don't think it's that gangsta. It's not low enough, I think.

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:16 PM Edited by NaidRaida, 22 May 2012 - 08:12 PM.

It's not ready. It probably will come a bit lower and wider but not much. This is first beta testing.
I maintained original wheel dimensions, making them smaller in diameter would look ridiculous without any body mesh change. I think I will paint the front grille in the second body color too.

Head post updated ---> Sentinel M: New pics

Head post updated ---> Sentinel M ready to download!

Head post updated ---> Working on Infernus GTR

kor0ro.k3yz
  • kor0ro.k3yz

Bah! Bah! Black Sheep

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:11 AM

nice biggrin.gif but why do they explode so fast, even ramming pedestrians confused.gif

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

Damage multipliers has been increased to give a more realistic damage model including much more body deformation.
These cars are not designed for maniac driving. So, drive carefully with your pimp ride! You cannot full throttle all the time. biggrin.gif
You can edit the damage parameters easily with a handling editor or by hand if this is too excessive for your taste. Just compare my handling with a stock handling file.
I'm also using an injury mod for the passengers. This, combined with the edited damage model gives more realistic driving feeling cause one driving mistake can be your last. Makes chases much more intense!

kor0ro.k3yz
  • kor0ro.k3yz

Bah! Bah! Black Sheep

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (NaidRaida @ Wednesday, May 23 2012, 18:53)
Damage multipliers has been increased to give a more realistic damage model including much more body deformation.
These cars are not designed for maniac driving. So, drive carefully with your pimp ride! You cannot full throttle all the time. biggrin.gif
You can edit the damage parameters easily with a handling editor or by hand if this is too excessive for your taste. Just compare my handling with a stock handling file.
I'm also using an injury mod for the passengers. This, combined with the edited damage model gives more realistic driving feeling cause one driving mistake can be your last. Makes chases much more intense!

im in for realistic stuff but due to heavy traffic, im forced to drive on sidewalks ramming pedestrians causing my car breaking down or catching fire lol, thanks for the mod gonna edit its handling later biggrin.gif

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:56 AM

im forced to drive on sidewalks ramming pedestrians

You're maniac! I wouldn't sell you one premium gangsta ride. biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users