Photo

Time progression?

10 replies to this topic
Royal55
  • Royal55

Caveman.

• Members

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

It's said to be the "most ambitious" Grand Theft Auto ever. What does "most ambitious" mean though, can we define that?
Most seem to think that it may be defined by multiple protagonists and that may be true, but what about time progression?
The one game that comes to mind is Mafia 2, but of course that game takes place over many years, personally I think that would be a bit radical for GTA.
Why can't GTAV have time lapses of throughout say, a year, perhaps two? Could it work, do you think?
I think it'd be even more interesting if there were in-fact multiple protagonists, you could literally see the characters mature and change over time.
The Mile High Club building in the trailer made me think about this, I mean it's obviously under construction, but I think the construction should finish as you progress.
So, what do you all think? Yay? Nay? Not too sure?

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

Seems possible

But you need a VERY VERY big story line and a lot of side quests or DLC wow.gif

whittle13
  • whittle13

I'm not a mod

• Members

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

ambitious |amˈbiSHəs|
adjective
having or showing a strong desire and determination to succeed: his mother was hard-working and ambitious for her four children.
(of a plan or piece of work) intended to satisfy high aspirations and therefore difficult to achieve: the scope of the book is very ambitious | an ambitious enterprise.

gta9414
  • gta9414

Prankster

• Members

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

I think it would be a great idea to have time progression, especially if there are multiple protagonists because like you said we could see the other characters and even the building mature over time. In the more likely scenario that there is one single protagonist, I would still welcome time progression, possibly near the end or as a DLC to be an epilogue to the main story. This could bring the game some closure.

pcguytech
  • pcguytech

• Members

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

How about aging as you go through your journey... ej; 5, 10 years later? cool.gif

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

I think it would be a great idea to have time progession in GTA V especially if there are multiple protagongist.. But i dont know how can aging work though,

Prince Vegeta
  • Prince Vegeta

Well, Since you put it that way, I'M IN!

• Members

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

No, I don't want my chracter to turn 90 years old, I ain't playing as a cripple guy on a cain or in a wheelchair, forget about it.

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Prankster

• Members

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:03 PM

it's funny how in GTA you can find in your statistic how many days have passed since the beginning, but the season never changes... if i play GTA V until 2015, i want to see flying cars and power-laces nike biggrin.gif

seriously, it will be good to see time progression, but must be an eternal loop... i do NOT want to see an eternal summer like Bully

Phrill
  • Phrill

7-8 LIONS

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

no, gta construction never gets finished really

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:12 AM

To OP: Sorry I did not see your topic earlier. I completely agree that time progression and a changing world would be very desirable and would certainly qualify as a bold new direction.

It would be great for replay value and could enhance mechanisms of continuing to progress and level up (or accumulate wealth) and could even be a bridge between single player and multiplayer modes and future DLCs.

I would suggest that even though the world changes, I would not want or expect the protagonist to age, or for some kind of artificial calendar to keep updating. Rockstar has done a great job of handling virtual time on different scales and I think that world progression could fit within this.

Alfabutt
  • Alfabutt

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (pcguytech @ Saturday, Mar 31 2012, 16:41)
How about aging as you go through your journey... ej; 5, 10 years later? cool.gif

u no i have a feeling they might be doing that i always thought when i saw the guy in the blue car, he is ned luke but he looks a little younger than when hes standing on the balcony??? and the guy with the 2 girls in the mountain scene, who is that, cant be random npcs. but then it cant be true cuz why would he say retire from that line of work. confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users