Photo

GTANet Wiki

3 replies to this topic
Callum
  • Callum

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:20 PM

I know there is an unofficial wiki already, hosted by Wikia, but GTANet could invest in their own Wikimedia site. Considering the vast community that forms GTANet, it would be fully operational in no time.

I did search before posting, but the last genuine reference I found was from 2008, and I doubt it takes years to setup a Wiki.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

We had a Wiki before, although it was just used for forum things such as official gangs, events, ect.. As for a dedicated GTA wiki, it's been discussed before, and to be honest I'm not sure why it's never happened. I personally would be in favour of one. I think they're a great resource of information, and instead of having index topics of important things in various forums, a wiki could easily cover it all. To the contrary though, while a wiki would not take long to set up, it would likely take a long time to turn it into a substantial and useful wiki.

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

I think GrandTheftWiki is already well developed, and there is really only need for one wiki. Similar to how there is only one Wikipedia. There are many more like it, but none of them are as huge as Wikipedia.
It just wouldn't be worth going against them, and infact most members here, including myself, are already members on GTW.

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• None

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:56 AM

It's been / is being considered, but it's not a priority at the moment.

QUOTE (Original Light @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 23:11)
I think GrandTheftWiki is already well developed, and there is really only need for one wiki. Similar to how there is only one Wikipedia. There are many more like it, but none of them are as huge as Wikipedia.
It just wouldn't be worth going against them, and infact most members here, including myself, are already members on GTW.

Popularity is useless without competent management. GrandTheftWiki copy-pasted a large quantity of our articles from gtamodding.com before making the same (extraordinarily naive) mistake that hundreds of others made, and transferred all their operations to Wikia. I'm impressed GrandTheftWiki is still online, considering the difficulty they must have wiping their own bottoms.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users