modders are out of control

321 replies to this topic
johnwontscore
  • johnwontscore

aka Dr Ripper

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

Maybe it would be an idea to create a group of psn tags like "kickmods". A clan if you like. So when modders came in, you could just invite other kickers in to kick the modders. I always try to kick modders, but often the other players are too slow on the uptake, so a group might work better.

Been trying BoGT and TLaD recently and haven't seen a modder yet in either, but both games lack the magic of gtaiv somehow. BoGT seems like a slapstick farce and TLaD is too grimy and depressing.

Legacy-666_
  • Legacy-666_

Get the Gun,Get the Gun,shoot,shoot,shoot

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:45 AM

^ there are more laggers on TLAD than there are modders. And Ballad has a few modders out there.
There is no way of avoiding them, and I think unless you can identify them and kick them out as soon as they join then you are just asking for trouble. The whole freezing your system thing is a pain in the as*.
The only advice I can give it to change a few of the settings around. Not many modders play with cops on or changing the blip settings.

OmegaEvolution
  • OmegaEvolution

Royalty

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (slashfan82 @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 11:55)
ask yourself how they have such a bad customer support

I have found their customer support to be very guood, when i raised the issue of modders with them they were very concerned and asked for a list of details including the modder in question PSN name, i supplied all and they thanked me for keeping GTAIV multiplayer clean and to my knowledge the modder in question has been banned.

cgvince
  • cgvince

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:21 PM

I find its really a day to day thing, for example yesterday I got froze about 6 times in one hour and today nothing, but yeah they are out of control.

7csc
  • 7csc

Northwood !

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (cgvince @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 23:21)
I find its really a day to day thing, for example yesterday I got froze about 6 times in one hour and today nothing, but yeah they are out of control.

6 times in one hour??? DAMN mercie_blink.gif

Han RX-7
  • Han RX-7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:38 AM

I recently started playing IV again and decided to boot up multi to see how alive it was these days and was shocked by all of this. I seriously couldn't believe these people could hack the game like they were doing, though some things done was pretty hilarious. I am NOT asking how to do this but what exactly are they doing to mod the game? I thought console games were pretty secure, are they like running a computer program that and connected to their consoles somehow or are they using hacked saves that let's them do this stuff? Again, I know the rules here, I don't want to know the program or whatever it is they're using, just simply want to know how it's possible they're doing it.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• The Yardies

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:49 AM

Consoles with custom firmware allow IV's files to be edited. Scripting can be made in the .sco format and run by GTAIV by transferring it using a usb flash memory or sommat.

JasonAW
  • JasonAW

Smooth Criminal

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:32 AM

I was driving around Liberty City, minding my own business. And these two modders kept going around, stopping right next to me and blowing me up. Yes, you can have fun, but that is just annoying. In the end though, everyone teamed up against them and flipped their cars over.

Something really needs to be done.

AlexTM
  • AlexTM

Mhmm

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

I actually haven't experienced a 'bad modder' yet. They all seem really friendly and if I ever do experience one, I'll probably just find a different match.

TrialzGTAS
  • TrialzGTAS

Hopes for turnout gear in V!

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

Most of the modders I seen are really cool people. They chill at the airport and spawn cars. Still though, some of them screw around for a long time, then once there bored they will freeze the game.

JasonAW
  • JasonAW

Smooth Criminal

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

Another modder on TBoGT, he kept teleporting, blowing up other people, put a light in my character. And then he kicks me out, no other players kicked me yet it came up with "the other players kicked you"

nambr9
  • nambr9

PS3 !

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

well to put it short ... GTA4 MP sucks. I gave up.

Toke
  • Toke

Gonna cover you in sh*t like a ton of pigeons

• Angels of Death MC
  • NATO

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

I remember back in 08 all you had to worry about was the very occasional turbo. Nowadays turbo controllers are so cheap and sold at any major outlet so all fools who don't want to actually practice to get good get mommy to buy them a turbo controller at Walmart. Sorry if any young people take offense to this but in ALL my 5+ years playing IV MP turbo users usually tend to be very young. Mods to a lesser extent tend to be controlled by 15-20 year old shut ins who spend most of their gaming time playing nothing but IV and ruining the experience for new and old players alike.

And the mods, don't even get me started. Its the same basic setup from the turbos. You can go to ebay and buy a dvd with script mods on it for less than $15.

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

IV multiplayer is still up there for multiplayer games, it's like 10th or something according to microsoft statistics, apparently people like modders.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Legendary

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

Started to play this again a few days back on the 360 and I see what people mean about the modders. In nearly every free roam I went into there was one mod or another. I will say this though I did have some fun as some were spawning rare or non-MP cars, creating stunts at the airport and the modders didn't act like a-holes.

Sam97
  • Sam97

=AoD=

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

To be honest, in the last couple of months the modding issue has simmered down quite a bit. Most clans still have a modder or two and there are a fair few unaffiliated modders but the number of them is nowhere near as many as three months or so ago.

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

Easy solution smile.gif

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=535327

Make friends and play privately wink.gif

Definitely more of an issue for 360 users, haven't seen many who can mod on the PS3

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

the new GTA needs to solve the modding issue with separate lobbies or soemthing cos modding has killed GTA 4 online.
cant go in a free mode without some modding c*nt blowing you up suddenly and generally making the game unplayable. you get some decent modders but not worth the tradeoff of sh*tty ones, and 99% of "decent" modders have an ego problem where if you dont join them and try to drive off they make the game unplayable for you like a sh*tty one does.

I have even had a modder freeze my console (lzw3 can testify to this as his console was frozen too in the same game) so I want them out of my f*cking lobbies forever.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

I'm pretty sure Rockstar feels bad about what has happened to GTA IV MP, but they've learned a lot since. They didn't even put an XP modifier in the code to have double xp weekends, so they must have learned a lot.

I can't imagine anything half like what is going on now in GTA 5 without some serious consequences or it will be a joke and cost them rep.

death killer860
  • death killer860

Army of Kush

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

Lets pray gta v mp ain't going to be like gta iv mp

Legacy-666_
  • Legacy-666_

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:47 PM

^ Thats abit harsh. All through the platforms we had at least a couple of modder free years. Here on PS3 it was close to 4 years! Those of us who who got the game years ago have seen both the glory days of MP and the sh*tty days, where as those who have only recently purchased it have only seen the sh*tty days.

By now you should have made enough friends on gta4 that when V comes out you should have a reliable bunch of players to play with.

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

They spoilt basically every single leaderboard in the game.

The only thing that bugs me is when they freeze your box.
Just because of how annoying it is.

Cops 'N Crooks Fanboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:02 AM

Has anyone had the opportunity to play CnC with D5656-IS-NOOB on the PS3? Interesting character. It seems that every time I join a lobby hosted by him, I get kicked the moment the game actually starts. Soon afterwards, I discovered that everyone that joins a lobby hosted by him gets kicked when the game starts. This has been going on for a month now, and sometimes I join just to see what happens. It doesn't bother me at all - it actually amuses me that someone can just sit for several hours every single day trolling people.

spankyspeedster
  • spankyspeedster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

I'm noticing lately some really cool mods in multiplayer. I was in a free roam game at the airport and there was this little illuminated arrow that when you pulled up to it in a car it would teleport you to a platform way up in the sky at which point you could drive down a set of insane ramps at super high speed until you smashed into the ground....

I hope GTA V online has some ramp modding features built right in but that may be wishful thinking for this generation of consoles

oneclickable
  • oneclickable

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

I agree, modders are out of control, mostly bad modders who just want to kill you for no reason or screw with you and make you wanna leave the game... i am a modder but i am one of the rare modders though, i will not kill or screw with you, i just like to have fun and let others enjoy the mods too... i also record ALL my GTA gameplays and upload the videos to YouTube daily... but yeah, the modders are out of control nowadays! i totally agree.

JonesyRogers
  • JonesyRogers

DonnyZingFarka

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:04 AM

Yeah, I can't remember the last time I had a good game without my xbox freezing because of some little b**** repeatedly setting me on fire just because I accidentally bumped into his precious Sultan RS or w/e

The game is just not fun anymore online. Admittedly I still play it though but in small doses. Once some idiot starts spam RPG'ing me while i'm going to grab a chopper, I just leave and say screw it. There's just no point in staying if some total a-hole is going to ruin the game.

I have came in contact with some cool modders though, ones that spawn tripped out cars with neon, monster trucks, humongous ramps, etc but for the most part that is almost non-existent (from what I've seen). I've seen many people get locked up in that cage cell near the correctional facility and then re-spawn with a hippopotamus costume on (which I admit is pretty damn funny lol but one time and one time only).

But in all reality this game is just a mess. I really, and I mean really hope GTA V won't be like this, because if it is I don't know what I'm going to do.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

The last time I ran into a modder on TBoGT he spawned 20 indestructible Super GT's with the best colors! smile.gif Finally a modder with great taste in cars. Then he spawned Sultan RS's for us to race on the runways. Even spawned a traffic light so that the races felt more organized at takeoff.

spankyspeedster
  • spankyspeedster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (StingrayX @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 15:07)
The last time I ran into a modder on TBoGT he spawned 20 indestructible Super GT's with the best colors! smile.gif Finally a modder with great taste in cars. Then he spawned Sultan RS's for us to race on the runways. Even spawned a traffic light so that the races felt more organized at takeoff.

Those are the modders I like....people willing to have fun but not at other people's expense. It's to bad those types are few and far between...oh well bring on GTA V

Thunderer08
  • Thunderer08

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:57 AM

Why are there so many kid modders who just freeze everyone out of the game or screw up the racing on PSN it's has to stop, I gave up speaking to Rockstar as they only want video evidence even then they get it they seem to do nothing, so speaking to them on the phone they advise I call Sony PSN who then advise me to speak to R* so I gave up...R* Should be dealing with it!

Legacy-666_
  • Legacy-666_

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:13 AM

As you can see you are posting on page 14 of this topic. We on PSN were the last of the systems to get slammed by modders. xbox and pc had them years earlier. Rockstar wont be putting any effort into stopping them because this game is so old. Instead of letting them get to you you should just find another match to play in, it only takes a few seconds, otherwise play with a group of friends that you can rely on to kick the modders out.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users