modders are out of control

324 replies to this topic
coldmurda
  • coldmurda

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (StormerBoy @ Sunday, Mar 17 2013, 12:11)
I understood what you said, and I stand by what I said.

If you actually understood you would have known the hug and kiss bit was sarcasm and was not even directed toward myself. You couldn't even quote my post properly.. confused.gif

Take it to my PM box if you would like to continue expressing your love for me.

The Scottish Guy
  • The Scottish Guy

Toasty!

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:54 PM Edited by The Scottish Guy, 19 March 2013 - 11:02 AM.

I've just given up on GTA multiplayer.

It's now gotten to the point where only 5% of the time, you get a free mode that isn't infested with these dickless pricks. And it truely baffles me that we still get people defending these sh*theads by saying things like...."oh they're just having fun hurr durr derpity derp dingo".

Well guess what? THEIR FUN IS COMPLETELY RUINING MY FUN.

Rockstar better have this dealt with for V, so all these little kids only have each other to show off their 'talented creations' to in the empty rooms of IV.

Peregrin Brandytook
  • Peregrin Brandytook

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (The Scottish Guy @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 13:54)
I've just given up on GTA multiplayer.

It's now gotten to the point where only 5% of the time, you get a free mode that isn't infested with these dickless pricks. And it truely baffles me that we still get people defending these sh*theads by saying things like...."oh they're just having fun hurr durr derpity derp dingo".

Well guess what? THEY'RE FUN IS COMPLETELY RUINING MY FUN.

Rockstar better have this dealt with for V, so all these little kids only have each other to show off their 'talented creations' to in the empty rooms of IV.

well said icon14.gif

Peregrin Brandytook
  • Peregrin Brandytook

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

the other day i was in a server and some modder spawned me in a arena i couldnt get out angry.gif

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

Hopefully in GTA V, modders get moved to their own little server. We don't need assholes ruining such an amazing experience. They just take all the fun out of multiplayer.

Also, gtafan899, don't double post.

TehTacoGuy
  • TehTacoGuy

Half taco, half human.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

Just experienced a guy who had a modded invincible Dukes today on PS3. He left, but the vehicle was still invincible. biggrin.gif I stole it and pissed off this other guy.

Tomm94
  • Tomm94

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

Modders are mostly just skids who act like professional hackers. They go around thinking they're f*cking God or whatever, when actually all they do is get a modded version of the game and act like they "hacked" into it. They're noobs and need to be dealt with. These groups of people are the bane of my existence and I hope R* pay close attention to it in GTAV. confused.gif

mikezilla2
  • mikezilla2

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:06 AM

so i guess this is all pretty bad on PS3 as well ?

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (The Grove @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 01:09)
QUOTE (StormerBoy @ Sunday, Mar 17 2013, 12:11)
I understood what you said, and I stand by what I said.

If you actually understood you would have known the hug and kiss bit was sarcasm and was not even directed toward myself. You couldn't even quote my post properly.. confused.gif

Take it to my PM box if you would like to continue expressing your love for me.

I knew it was sarcasm, and if I hadnít I would say so now.

I put it to you that you do need a hug and kiss. That is why you wrote what you wrote. Your subconsciousness controls you more than you know.

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• None

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (Tomm94 @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 23:38)
Modders are mostly just skids who act like professional hackers. They go around thinking they're f*cking God or whatever, when actually all they do is get a modded version of the game and act like they "hacked" into it. They're noobs and need to be dealt with. These groups of people are the bane of my existence and I hope R* pay close attention to it in GTAV. confused.gif

It's a shame so many refer to people that meddle with multiplayer as "modders". GTAF has had a modding community for over a decade, and it has very little to do with ruining the multiplayer experience in IV for others. As it happens we actively remove and censor as much as we can find that has anything to do with altering multiplayer (please remember to report any offending posts you see - it always helps)...

Could we maybe refer to these people as cheaters/trolls/idiots, instead of modders? tounge.gif

mikezilla2
  • mikezilla2

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:59 AM

wow so after googling yep that is pretty bad , are bans of any kind being handed outo n any of the platforms ?

Excel240
  • Excel240

Devious Lamppost Proposition

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE (Suction Testicle Man @ Thursday, Mar 21 2013, 01:34)
It's a shame so many refer to people that meddle with multiplayer as "modders". GTAF has had a modding community for over a decade, and it has very little to do with ruining the multiplayer experience in IV for others. As it happens we actively remove and censor as much as we can find that has anything to do with altering multiplayer (please remember to report any offending posts you see - it always helps)...

Could we maybe refer to these people as cheaters/trolls/idiots, instead of modders? tounge.gif

I do wish that the term 'modders' would be replaced, I'm almost starting to feel offended with each new post. tounge.gif

Just as much as anything else, 'mods' will always be there, available to everyone, and are tools to be used by people. The method in which they are used is the problem, in which case you can label the guys ruining everyone else' gameplay as simply; 'Assholes'. To use a mod is as simple as making a download, which is to say the same process you might undertake for putting new music in your ipod. Goddamn 'musicers' always disturbing my peace and quite; bannish all downloads to fix the problem.

One important fact to face regarding mods, is that an insurmountable amount of GTA's popularity and game longevity is directly linked to it's insanely large modification communities, be it past or present. Considering that the previous PC title from IV was SA, a game which is still very popular today because of it's Multiplayer modifications - quickly notice both words in one phrase 'Multiplayer Modifications' - You could not have expected, or expect GTA IV to be mod-free on multiplayer.

Passively, I totally agree that the abuse of mods has ruined GTA IV's multiplayer experience to an almost unplayable level; though with how accessible to modification each GTA game has been made thus far, you can't lay blame to the modification creators trying to prolong their enjoyment of a great game. I think you could probably pin the problem down to two points - Assholes, and a multiplayer in desperate need of updates in order to prevent crap like this from happening; something even as simple as better server-side admining functions.

This was R*'s first take on an official multiplayer (as far as I know), large-scale multiplayer impacting modifications took years to be developed, so they weren't an extremely important concern when the game was at it's peak popularity; though the problem has definitely been noticed by the R* team; and we can probably expect something to have been done about it in V.

Mods will always be there, one way or another; and they are not the end-all problem. I really hope action isn't taken with V to limit modding to a minimum; which has been reoccurring in many franchises - I just hope there is something as simple as an On/Off Anticheat for multiplayer, making everyone happy. Something like Rockstars Social Club, I imagine would be great for updating any anti-cheat they might provide.

... whatsthat.gif
.. sarcasm.gif
. turn.gif

One very similar comparison could be GTA SA's: SAMP Modification - how multiplayer is still plagued with abusers of the 'm0d_s0beit' ; and GTA IV's Multiplayer - where multiplayer is plagued with abusers of the 'Simple Native Trainer'. At this point in time I'm sure that any in-development multiplayer could gather some pointers on dealing with game-ruining cheats from the modders over on SAMP. breadfish_by_Moto.gif

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Coded. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (Excel240 @ Thursday, Mar 21 2013, 09:12)
where multiplayer is plagued with abusers of the 'Simple Native Trainer'.

Note that anyone that uses the Simple Native Trainer is restricted to the modder servers. So those infected with this "plague" have to play with eachother. Hence, protecting the non-modified players.

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (mikezilla2 @ Thursday, Mar 21 2013, 01:59)
wow so after googling yep that is pretty bad , are bans of any kind being handed outo n any of the platforms ?

No, its quite impossible to get anyone banned.

Excel240 You must keep in mind that when we buy the game we buy rights to use our original copy, you dont buy rights to mod it, its only privilage of owners of the PC version but if your privilage breaks our rights to play the original game for example in multiplayer than it should be restricted

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (SARDYNA108 @ Thursday, Mar 21 2013, 09:38)
Excel240 You must keep in mind that when we buy the game we buy rights to use our original copy, you dont buy rights to mod it, its only privilage of owners of the PC version but if your privilage breaks our rights to play the original game for example in multiplayer than it should be restricted

It appears there are no rules.
http://www.rockstarg...N_V6_061108.txt

Rockstar typically enjoys modding (even some on Multiplayer) occasionally they like/favorite youtube modding videos.
Obviously not abusive ones, but that goes without saying.

You can mod whatever the hell you want on any platform.

nambr9
  • nambr9

PS3 !

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:15 PM Edited by nambr9, 22 March 2013 - 08:37 AM.

the only "challange" in modding is to fight other modders (speaking of MP).

But i agree with Groove. You can mod anything that can be modded.
Most of times developers allow or even like modders to "promote" their game - for free.

But again ... modding is OK as long as it isnt CHEATING.
Since mods in GTA4-MP need some hacking to the platform and are not officially supported they dont qualify as "friendly mods" but rather as cheats.

Toke
  • Toke

Shadow Staff

• Angels of Death MC
  • NATO
  • Contribution Award [Gangs]

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:11 PM Edited by Toke, 22 March 2013 - 03:16 PM.

That link was for the PC version not the xbox or PS3 and thus is invalid for such.

There WAS a time when Rockstar and Microsoft actually worked together to ban modders (on consoles) but I'm assuming since the game is so old now that neither care, regardless of the resurgence of the game.

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (Toke @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 10:11)
That link was for the PC version not the xbox or PS3 and thus is invalid for such.

There WAS a time when Rockstar and Microsoft actually worked together to ban modders (on consoles) but I'm assuming since the game is so old now that neither care, regardless of the resurgence of the game.

There is no Readme for console version, so I don't know why you think that is an effective argument. Rockstar probably never expected us to be able to access there root folder on console so they never wrote one (it is still there words and beliefs, so the same ideas apply). One way or another, they enjoy modding. No matter how much you don't like it whether you were the victim of a modder, or you are simply jealous you couldn't figure it out yourself, it is going to continue happen, even in every future GTA.

Regarding them banning in the past, that was not script mod related and Rockstar was not involved with those bans. (console version)

nambr9
  • nambr9

PS3 !

• Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

or you are simply jealous you couldn't figure it out yourself

lol... dude ... for real?

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE (nambr9 @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 14:25)

according to my inbox it is a primary cause of frustration, and before you misunderstand what I am saying (probably already have) I am not saying to mod is to be greater.. that is stupid, childish, and ridiculous to think I was making that point.

I get messages every day asking for help. Also do you not know how to quote. dozingoff.gif

nambr9
  • nambr9

PS3 !

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:51 AM Edited by nambr9, 24 March 2013 - 07:54 AM.

QUOTE (The Grove @ Sunday, Mar 24 2013, 05:31)
QUOTE (nambr9 @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 14:25)

according to my inbox it is a primary cause of frustration, and before you misunderstand what I am saying (probably already have) I am not saying to mod is to be greater.. that is stupid, childish, and ridiculous to think I was making that point.

I get messages every day asking for help. Also do you not know how to quote. dozingoff.gif

dont get bitchy dude. Double quotes are stupid...

What can I say, enjoy in your modding education and share it with stupid phucks who cant use google and want to be "hackers".
And besides ... ".. that is stupid, childish, and ridiculous to think I was making that point". Im not ignorant enough not to figure out the plate you are serving me here... shall we begin?

AJayG
  • AJayG

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

i dont think ive actually seen or been in a lobby/game with a modder. i only play dm or races tho and im pretty bad at both.

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (nambr9 @ Sunday, Mar 24 2013, 02:51)
Im not ignorant enough not to figure out the plate you are serving me here... shall we begin?

I guess your dumb enough to fill your mind with senseless conspiracy though.
Tell me then if I am so wrong, why are you all complaining?

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE (AJayG @ Sunday, Mar 24 2013, 14:39)
i dont think ive actually seen or been in a lobby/game with a modder. i only play dm or races tho and im pretty bad at both.

I thought modders don't appear on ps3 but I was wrong. Now I ran into them two times. In TLAD.
One guy spawned me into the Alderney prison.
"WTF was that?" weird glitich was my first thought but
then I realized it had to be a modder since I was trapped into an area you could not get out.

He himself spawned in there, too. As Billy Grey in these orange prison clothes. With two police men and a police car. I still had a rocket launcher and shot every rocket into them. Nothing.

I left the game.
Another game, same thing. Joined a freemode when I spawned in Star Junction to see a row of Sultan Rs cars in the wildest colors. I shot at them, they beamed me into the same Alderney cage.

Left game.

Ever since haven't met any modders on ps3. They're rare. In 5 years online GTA 4 it was the only 2 times. I'm glad I'm not playing on pc. Would definitely ruin all the fun.

nambr9
  • nambr9

PS3 !

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:36 AM Edited by nambr9, 25 March 2013 - 11:40 AM.

Guess its my bad luck then.

I play vanilla only and i run into modders at least 40% of my games.
From classic car/object spawners to godmode, explosion making, teleporting bitches.

I ofter think to install the mods for the sole purpose of f*cking with them, but that would make me an ass and I never was an ass in my life nor I intend to be one.

This one goes to coldmurda OG "The Grove":
When this OG was a little boy he asked his father: Daaad, daaaaad... whats a transvestite??
His father replied: Ask your mom. He knows...

A J
  • A J

Aggressively Honest

• BUSTED!
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

lol^

Luckily I'm playing mostly organised private games these days, and the modders who I am friends with, are genuinely cool people and not at all abusive.

nambr, you should get yourself involved in the events or gang section.

TheGrove are you still down for this MVP event? I've added coldmurda to PSN but you were missing from the scheduled game last night.
It's being re-arranged for next weekend now instead. icon14.gif

nambr9
  • nambr9

PS3 !

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Monday, Mar 25 2013, 15:57)
lol^

Luckily I'm playing mostly organised private games these days, and the modders who I am friends with, are genuinely cool people and not at all abusive.

nambr, you should get yourself involved in the events or gang section.

TheGrove are you still down for this MVP event? I've added coldmurda to PSN but you were missing from the scheduled game last night.
It's being re-arranged for next weekend now instead. icon14.gif

nah man, i really dont have time for anything else then occasional free mode, since i have a little baby at home.

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Monday, Mar 25 2013, 10:57)
It's being re-arranged for next weekend now instead.  icon14.gif

I do a full days shift on Sundays unfortunately. I hoped to be back before you guys started (I have no idea what GMT time and all that is) Your from the U.K right? I doubt it would be possible for you to push it back a few hours later then.
Monday and Tuesday are my most available days but thats basically the opposite of everyone else.

@nambr9: Don't tell me you don't have time to play an organized event and then come at me with a sh*t your mom joke? What f*cking year do you live in where that sh*t is still cool? I see you figured out how the quote button works though, thats a good start.

A J
  • A J

Aggressively Honest

• BUSTED!
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (The Grove @ Monday, Mar 25 2013, 21:08)
It's being re-arranged for next weekend now instead.† icon14.gif

I do a full days shift on Sundays unfortunately. I hoped to be back before you guys started (I have no idea what GMT time and all that is) Your from the U.K right? I doubt it would be possible for you to push it back a few hours later then.
Monday and Tuesday are my most available days but thats basically the opposite of everyone else.

@nambr9: Don't tell me you don't have time to play an organized event and then come at me with a sh*t your mom joke? What f*cking year do you live in where that sh*t is still cool? I see you figured out how the quote button works though, thats a good start.

This weekend coming we're looking to do it on Saturday instead, post in the topic your preferred time please .

No worries Nambr, all the best.

nambr9
  • nambr9

PS3 !

• Members

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (The Grove @ Monday, Mar 25 2013, 21:08)
It's being re-arranged for next weekend now instead.† icon14.gif

Had to bring a sick joke in our conversation. It was getting us nowhere.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users