Photo

modders are out of control

319 replies to this topic
ShotGunRain
  • ShotGunRain

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:30 AM

I recently started to notice modders on ps3 some of those modders are annoying setting you on fire or bringing everyv user to one place and killing them. I like the friendly modders they spawn you a vehicle with neon lights, but when I send them friend request they don't accept me sad.gif I want a private lobby with a friend whovcan spawn stuff and have fun.

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (ShotGunRain @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 05:30)
I recently started to notice modders on ps3 some of those modders are annoying setting you on fire or bringing everyv user to one place and killing them. I like the friendly modders they spawn you a vehicle with neon lights, but when I send them friend request they don't accept me sad.gif I want a private lobby with a friend whovcan spawn stuff and have fun.

You need to buy GTA IV/EFLC PC for that

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

̡̱͐̈́͋ͦͮ̎͊̒R

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (SARDYNA108 @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 11:52)

PC has worse modders than console.. Crashing you out of the entire game instantly, we only have basic freeze mods that can be avoided at the most.

ShotGunRain
  • ShotGunRain

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (SARDYNA108 @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 16:52)

I have Gta IV for ps3 I just want a friend who can spawn stuff in private lobby and we can have fun. I don't want to mod.

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (The Grove @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 17:59)
QUOTE (SARDYNA108 @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 11:52)

PC has worse modders than console.. Crashing you out of the entire game instantly, we only have basic freeze mods that can be avoided at the most.

You have no idea what are you talking about.

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

̡̱͐̈́͋ͦͮ̎͊̒R

• Members

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (SARDYNA108 @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 14:39)

Of course I do when I play on PC, and actually understand scripting unlike you.

You just complain about modders and consider yourself an expert at judging what is possible. lmfao you didn't even know it was possible to mod ranked game a month ago when we spoke.

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (The Grove @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 01:20)
QUOTE (SARDYNA108 @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 14:39)

Of course I do when I play on PC, and actually understand scripting unlike you.

You just complain about modders and consider yourself an expert at judging what is possible. lmfao you didn't even know it was possible to mod ranked game a month ago when we spoke.

lol noob its possible since over a year

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

̡̱͐̈́͋ͦͮ̎͊̒R

• Members

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (SARDYNA108 @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 03:14)

You're the one who said it wasn't, to bad you know nothing of the stuff. Keep complaining though, its getting you so far.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:50 PM Edited by Kifflom112, 15 March 2013 - 02:54 PM.

The modding in regular IV on the PS3 is really dying down. Haven't seen a modder in over two weeks and it is much funner that way. Xbox with TBoGT isn't so fortunate though. confused.gif
One day I tried to get into free mode and my console kept freezing even before I could enter. It was probably those dumb ass B055x clans. One time they were freezing everybody's console because everybody all of a sudden starting leaving. I left before he could do it to me luckily.
There has been a few modder free sessions on Xbox, and sometimes we only have really nice modders. You know, the ones who aren't stuck up assholes.
QUOTE (The Grove @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 10:13)
QUOTE (SARDYNA108 @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 03:14)

You're the one who said it wasn't, to bad you know nothing of the stuff. Keep complaining though, its getting you so far.

Man, can you at least stop acting like a 'prick'? I mean that attitude is getting irritating.

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

̡̱͐̈́͋ͦͮ̎͊̒R

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 09:50)
Man, can you at least stop acting like a 'prick'? I mean that attitude is getting irritating.

SARDYNA108 has been dickriding me with false information for the past few months. When someone talks sh*t do you give them a hug and a kiss?
No you would rather complain like everyone else about it.

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (The Grove @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 18:39)
When someone talks sh*t do you give them a hug and a kiss?

Haha... it depends

nambr9
  • nambr9

PS3 !

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

this is getting us nowhere...

Mods are not bad in general.
I mean they are designed to elevate user experience.
For instance I am a great Rome Total War fan and I enjoyed playing SPQR mod for year now.

But it is a different story when so called "mods" are used in multiplayer.
Since not all have the same advantage of the mod, the mod should be defined as a cheat.
Yes a cheat, so "modders" in GTA4 MP are ... cheaters.

And Groove ... nobody like cheaters do they? ... specially the ones who are bragging with it.
I feel somehow that you consider yourself more (well since I am not from an english speaking country i might get this wrong) "important" than the rest of us, just because you know stuff about mods in GTA4.

Well I am a developer and I like playing games for fun and I never ever ever even considered using a mod/cheat to gain advantage over other players.
My humble opinion is that mods give pleasure only to people with no honor and generally ruin the whole game experience for the majority who is not using it.

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

̡̱͐̈́͋ͦͮ̎͊̒R

• Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (nambr9 @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 14:48)
And Groove ... nobody like cheaters do they? ... specially the ones who are bragging with it.
I feel somehow that you consider yourself more (well since I am not from an english speaking country i might get this wrong) "important" than the rest of us, just because you know stuff about mods in GTA4.

Important was the word you were looking for, but is an inaccurate description of my attitude.
I am correcting the false information, and in some cases lies (such as sardyna posts for the e-points) that are posted here.

Multiplayer mods were never created to gain an advantage and win lol. They are made for fun (in most cases at your expense).
We could care less about winning a game mode as long as we get our lolz. turn.gif
Some of the scrubby modders run around in DM/TDM and used godmode, but how boring is that?

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (The Grove @ Saturday, Mar 16 2013, 00:37)
(such as sardyna posts for the e-points)

What?

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

̡̱͐̈́͋ͦͮ̎͊̒R

• Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:29 AM Edited by The Grove, 16 March 2013 - 02:39 AM.

-edit-
your not worth the post and future argument. post may be deleted wink.gif

Jesus2050
  • Jesus2050

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

No everybody is rong!!! Im a modder and I help people I give them what they want I dont kill them. Every I play with wants to be my friend theres modders that takes over other modders because they got better mods so u cant jugde the good ones to the bad ones. sly.gif

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Coded. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (Jesus2050 @ Saturday, Mar 16 2013, 09:25)
No everybody is rong!!! Im a modder and I help people I give them what they want I dont kill them. Every I play with wants to be my friend theres modders that takes over other modders because they got better mods so u cant jugde the good ones to the bad ones. sly.gif

Still doesn't mean you're some saint.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (Jesus2050 @ Saturday, Mar 16 2013, 04:25)

Sure, but most of the modders I encounter are a bunch of pricks who like to light you up if you get mad from them running you over over and over, or freeze your console.

Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

I have met a few nice modders who spawned loads of cool ramps and cars for people in Free Roam the other day, but most of the time they are just annoying with their full-auto RPGs, invincible cars and constant fire mods.

DELETEDUSER
  • DELETEDUSER

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

Plyed game today, crashed 3 times cause of modders (EFLC PC...) its just.... ruined.

The hackers i came across are SashaRus, Electroshocker, and more, most of them are rusissians and they make car tornadoes arround them, or simply crash games to desktop....

Thanks modders, you really ruined the game.

I wish that when GTA 5 comes out, that the people who start with trainers etc HAVE SOME RESPONSEBILITY AND DISABLE THEM ONLINE, you can think advance, your tools can be abused, no?

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

SARDYNA108 has been dickriding me with false information for the past few months. When someone talks sh*t do you give them a hug and a kiss?

And that's the bit that gives you away. If you want a hug and kiss, then that's fine. Narcissist?

metsfan89
  • metsfan89

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:06 AM Edited by gta2011, 17 March 2013 - 01:09 AM.

well i don't think messaging modders is the way to go after all. heres why. today i was in a free mode game and my game froze and i messaged the modder back and said "nice job" because his modding caused my system to freeze. i dont think it was an intentional freeze because nobody else in that game crashed out except me. either way though his dumb modding caused me to freeze so i said that to him. he responds back saying just because hes a modder doesn't mean he can freeze people. he stated that he cant freeze anyone and blah blah blah. a few minutes later i am in a different game and somehow i freeze AGAIN. it looks like he lied. im guessing he must of froze me after i sent him my few messages to him. so i reboot again and i accidentally join the game he was in and bam... froze a 3rd time. i dont think ill message anymore modders if that is what is gonna happen. that was pretty lame

im really surprised my xbox hasn't died from all the times i have been frozen. i'd say its been at least 30 times now

Petsevsky
  • Petsevsky

DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT

• Members

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:41 AM

I've met coldmurda once in multiplayer. He is an ass, he was using godmode and killing anyone who approached him. coldmurda, YOU SUCK ASS, bitch. You also hacked the leaderboards, you keep saying that you don't care if you win or not and that using godmode in DM/TDM is boring but you strangely is top 16 in some mode there (I don't remember which). Anyways I just wanted to say that youre an asshole.

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

̡̱͐̈́͋ͦͮ̎͊̒R

• Members

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:40 AM Edited by The Grove, 17 March 2013 - 04:36 AM.

QUOTE (StormerBoy @ Saturday, Mar 16 2013, 16:21)

And that's the bit that gives you away. If you want a hug and kiss, then that's fine. Narcissist?

Reading must not be a strength of yours is it? Is English not your primary language or are you just dumb?

@Petsevsky: No one ever said I was nice. Also about that Deathmatch bit, I was within the top 100 before I modded, so getting any higher wouldn't have been intentional. I'm surprised to here top 16, I didn't even know that.

So what if I killed you with godmode on freemode, its not like I run around freezing you.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:15 AM

Freezing other players just get's on my nerves, how is that even possible? Today I entered a session full of modders and then after getting this white Annihilator I froze. I am like what the hell man why do people find joy in doing this to others?

I seriously V doesn't head down this path as far as multiplayer goes.

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

̡̱͐̈́͋ͦͮ̎͊̒R

• Members

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Saturday, Mar 16 2013, 22:15)
Freezing other players just get's on my nerves, how is that even possible?

The way Rockstar scripts IV is very fragile, when an action happens that was not made into a valid feature, 90% of the time it will result in a freeze. The most common method is the Weapon Freeze which gives the selected player a specific invalid weapon, upon aiming that weapon, you will freeze (discovered by me on accident) ph34r.gif

Rockstar commented on future modding, apparently they will by using a similar system that they are using in Max Payne where if you are found modding, you will be bagged, tagged, and sent to another server to only be able to play with modders.
As usual, this will probably hold up fairly strong for a few years, then they will slip and modders will be back.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:13 AM

QUOTE (The Grove @ Saturday, Mar 16 2013, 22:25)
QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Saturday, Mar 16 2013, 22:15)
Freezing other players just get's on my nerves, how is that even possible?

The way Rockstar scripts IV is very fragile, when an action happens that was not made into a valid feature, 90% of the time it will result in a freeze. The most common method is the Weapon Freeze which gives the selected player a specific invalid weapon, upon aiming that weapon, you will freeze (discovered by me on accident) ph34r.gif

Rockstar commented on future modding, apparently they will by using a similar system that they are using in Max Payne where if you are found modding, you will be bagged, tagged, and sent to another server to only be able to play with modders.
As usual, this will probably hold up fairly strong for a few years, then they will slip and modders will be back.

Interesting. And I noticed that too, sometimes right after I had fired the game froze.

Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

I'm currently in a game on Xbox and a modder called T0MM094 (report him) is currently using an SMG that fires RPGs, an invincible car and flying mods.

I sent him a message telling him that there is no point in using mods, and that using them makes him look like he can't play the game properly. He replied in these exact words: "no its cuz your w**k and you havent got mods"

Please report him if you have Xbox.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (The Grove @ Sunday, Mar 17 2013, 02:40)
QUOTE (StormerBoy @ Saturday, Mar 16 2013, 16:21)

Reading must not be a strength of yours is it? Is English not your primary language or are you just dumb?

[color=white]

I understood what you said, and I stand by what I said.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

im startin not to mind modders (most of them anyways). Ive been playin FM and seen some friendly ones. Most of the time I mind my business and just murder cops and evade stars. But sometimes a douche warps from the other side of the map into your car just to blow you up for no reason (meaning I never crossed paths with individual). That's the sh*t I don't like. If I aint f***ing with you why you feel the need to f*** with me? Especially knowing you cant die, wheres the challenge in that?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users