Photo

modders are out of control

318 replies to this topic
ScottMU
  • ScottMU

Burger Shot Employee of the Month

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:30 AM

I'll admit I use mods sometimes on 360, I don't always use my mods as I like to play proper matches aswell.

Only people I've frozen though are other troll modders. I generally hate other modders as they just ruin things and troll for no reason, I especially hate the type of modder who wants to be king of the game, what I mean by this is the type of modder on a power trip who just HAS to be the sole modder in any one server so he gets all the friend requests and messages from kids sucking up to him in the hope of getting a modded Sultan RS out of it and who wants people to try to attack him so he can troll them out of 'retaliation' in order to exert some kind of power over them, honestly, the amount of times I have entered a lobby and spawned a few cars only to have a message pop up informing me that some noob has tried to freeze me simply for being another modder. Of course I occasionally take great pleasure in trolling the odd 10 year old with constant explosions/burnings/spawnings/deletion of vehicles for noticing that I am a modder and sending me rude, impolite messages along the lines of 'Spawn me a Sultan RS, black with blue underglow now!', rude little pr*cks

The main reason I mod is to make use of the map mods and cars I can spawn for the lobby aswell as some funny vehicles, planes, hot air balloons etc. 

So yeah I mod myself but I simply cannot defend what some of these modders do, ruining it for everyone for no reason, I played the game both online and off for 5 solid years before I decided to make a modded version, purely so I could try something new with the game, I still pop in my original, retail disc of IV at times as well (I only mod TBOGT)

MyBodyFlew
  • MyBodyFlew

Im lost.

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

I agree. Gta iv modding has been getting out of control almost every lobby i joined a modder would be blowing up and burning everyone then end up freezing our xboxs. Its sad to because there are already mods out for gta V. Enjoy the peace we have in that game because modders will rule again....

MH60
  • MH60

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:17 AM

i have xbox 360. it seems that there is an unusual amount of modders in almost every free mode game. this last game i was just in there was some guy spawning tugboats in the middle of the airport to lag the game. i couldnt even vote to kick the person because i had no idea who was doing it. i gotta say this game is turning into a complete joke with all the cheaters ruining the game. ive seen modders before doing stupid stuff but lately its been happening more than usual. my xbox has froze a few times too because of these loons. its a shame microsoft actually allows this stuff to go on.

Even though online USB mods were patched (back in the day) and now the only way to get mods online is by ISO modding which requires a flashed, jtagged, or hotswappable Xbox, and is therefore system tampering; Microsoft can't do anything about it because Rockstar told them that they are not allowed to interefere with Grand Theft Auto IV, they declared it a dead game basically just like COD: WAW and COD: MW2

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:54 AM

You guys keep calling it mods.

Modding is this:

1384125545_PROMO2.jpg

What you think its modding is called: HACKING/CHEATING

They are using the same models/textures/coding to hack.

I know your pain but why not just play GTA V? There are no hackers like that there and they get bad sport.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

8bit. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

Modding is this:

1384125545_PROMO2.jpg

I know your pain but why not just play GTA V? There are no hackers like that there and they get bad sport.

Is it really needed to promote your mod? Modding is a MODIFICATION to data files/models/textures/audio/etc. These people who are ruining the game are modders. Hacking is something far more compelx than modding. If you really understood everyone's pain, you'd accept that some people can't afford V or simply despise V. Some people (like myself) prefer IV over V.

Is it really that hard to comprehend?

• AlexTM likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Whoop some ass!

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

How's the modding problem now considering GTA V is out? Did they all go to grief people there?

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:51 PM

What kind of mods are on PSN GTA IV these days? I want to get into a hacked lobby, it'd be hilarious how I die.
Last time I played it was just a sh*tload of aimbots.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

8bit. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:32 PM

What kind of mods are on PSN GTA IV these days? I want to get into a hacked lobby, it'd be hilarious how I die.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Whoop some ass!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtnOvKKydcs

fuuuuck wish I had this without messing with my console

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

Modding is this:

1384125545_PROMO2.jpg

Is it really needed to promote your mod? Modding is a MODIFICATION to data files/models/textures/audio/etc. These people who are ruining the game are modders. Hacking is something far more compelx than modding. If you really understood everyone's pain, you'd accept that some people can't afford V or simply despise V. Some people (like myself) prefer IV over V.

No not really but I had it copied already lol.

They are not modding anything as they are just using the same assets the game already has.

They are cheating with the same coding that's already in the game.

I still play IV.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

8bit. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

Modding is this:

1384125545_PROMO2.jpg

They are not modding anything as they are just using the same assets the game already has.

I still play IV.

Modding means MODIFYING the files. They modified the Script_network.img. Is it that hard to understand?

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:06 AM

Modding is this:

1384125545_PROMO2.jpg

I still play IV.

Modding means MODIFYING the files. They modified the Script_network.img. Is it that hard to understand?

I've probably been around modding way more than you bub.

I know what it means which is why I'm telling you they are not modifying anything and they are just using the same assets.

StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:42 AM

Are the modders still out of control? I hope so, but not so far that they're freezing people. I find it funny to play with modders on Xbox TBoGT. I hope they're as active as they were pre-release of V.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

8bit. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:51 PM Edited by theNGclan, 16 November 2013 - 05:59 PM.

Modding is this:

1384125545_PROMO2.jpg

I still play IV.

I've probably been around modding way more than you bub.

I know what it means which is why I'm telling you they are not modifying anything and they are just using the same assets.

From what I can see, you still know nothing of common knowledge when it comes to modding. Right on, kiddo! :^:

Modding doesn't need new assets. Modding means you are changing the game's files in one way or another. GTA IV Online modders have a modded script_network.img with new lines of code for a mod menu. You hear that? New line of code! What a shocker, right?  :O

It's hard to believe someone as popular as you when it comes to modding is this blind. So blind that you have to insult people who know less about modding. I mean, look at those normal players calling the cheaters "hackers". They don't know what to call them, but the proper term is modder. But you think since you're a YouTube sponsored modder that you know ever single last thing about modding, but then someone who knows a LOT more about software than you do shows up and you try to argue with him. Yeah, have fun there bud.

• StingrayX and Valdorien like this

Jehannum
  • Jehannum

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:37 PM

If modders change the game code then technically they're not playing the same game.

Why don't they just change the game code to print "YOU ARE THE BEST!" in the middle of the screen in big, flashing letters?

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

Cheater Hater

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:20 AM

If modders change the game code then technically they're not playing the same game.

Why don't they just change the game code to print "YOU ARE THE BEST!" in the middle of the screen in big, flashing letters?

This would make them feel better about themselves so they might stop doing the "spawn explosions while burning after being sent 2 miles in the sky" to everyone.

GTA Online got invincible flying chrome firetruck that shoots rockets now. The invincible Sultan RS isnt so bad after all.

jremi
  • jremi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:12 PM

This would make them feel better about themselves so they might stop doing the "spawn explosions while burning after being sent 2 miles in the sky" to everyone.

GTA Online got invincible flying chrome firetruck that shoots rockets now. The invincible Sultan RS isnt so bad after all.

Why are you bumping a thread thats almost 2 years old?????????????

Y-ME-SO-MEXiiCAN
  • Y-ME-SO-MEXiiCAN

i liek poniez.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:05 AM

Why are you bumping a thread thats almost 2 years old?????????????

Relevant threads are never too old to be bumped, buddy!

• Fearx-- likes this

Entity-XF
  • Entity-XF

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I was gunning some nooby modders yesterday and they despawned my Annihilator Chopper. I went falling to my death

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users