modders are out of control

321 replies to this topic
metsfan89
  • metsfan89

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

i have xbox 360. it seems that there is an unusual amount of modders in almost every free mode game. this last game i was just in there was some guy spawning tugboats in the middle of the airport to lag the game. i couldnt even vote to kick the person because i had no idea who was doing it. i gotta say this game is turning into a complete joke with all the cheaters ruining the game. ive seen modders before doing stupid stuff but lately its been happening more than usual. my xbox has froze a few times too because of these loons. its a shame microsoft actually allows this stuff to go on.

King Jose
  • King Jose

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

If u think thats bad, wait into you run into a modder with the fire mod. They set u on fire ANYTIME they want to and the fire won't go away till your dead.

Callum
  • Callum

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

You should try administrating a very popular Multi Theft Auto server, that has a constant player count of over 200. We must see at least at least two dozen modders or braindead people every day. The ban list is within the thousands, perhaps tens of thousands.

Cheaters are the spawn of Satan!

Turbojohn
  • Turbojohn

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (Callum @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 21:24)
You should try administrating a very popular Multi Theft Auto server, that has a constant player count of over 200. We must see at least at least two dozen modders or braindead people every day. The ban list is within the thousands, perhaps tens of thousands.

Cheaters are the spawn of Satan!

Now imagine the samp RP servers with all their strict rules and 500 players...
Yeah...

NightTimePaul
  • NightTimePaul

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

I couldn't agree more. Xbox gta iv free mode has now reached an unplayable level.Modders who seem to not be interested in playing the game at all just ruining it for everyone,I am starting to think its a form of mental illness like racism or whatever.
It is a shame that microsoft or rock* couldn't be bothered to do anything about it.
I have no problem with modders at all, spawning weird stuff etc ,thats all great but when all you do is render the game/system unusable its a waste of everyones time.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Go eat your mom's ass

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

Add people who don't hack to your friend list and make private free mode sessions, or party mode. Multiplayer free mode alone is also fun.

NightTimePaul
  • NightTimePaul

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Monday, Apr 2 2012, 18:43)
Add people who don't hack to your friend list and make private free mode sessions, or party mode. Multiplayer free mode alone is also fun.

I think you may be missing the point.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Go eat your mom's ass

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (NightTimePaul @ Tuesday, Apr 3 2012, 02:50)

I'm not. If you don't like noobs, avoid them like i do with TDM. R* n Ms ain't gonna do sh*t.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:37 AM Edited by SmC12, 04 April 2012 - 01:43 AM.

I had a great free mode session yesterday, loads of fun people and it was a really nostalgic experience, it felt like the old GTA IV multiplayer days when the game was new, then of course modders entered the game. It's especially annoying because I was just getting back into IV and I was having fun, I had no idea the modding was still so out of control untill today when my experience was just modder after modder..

I got the fire mod on me, rammed by a super sonic firetruck, someone spawned in my car and set C4, then a pistol which shot RPG's. Damn I saw it all. A couple of players did try to kick them but most just tried to ignore it and escape to a safe part of the map, cause kicking them doesn't work, they'll either exit quickly and come back, or they'll freeze your xbox.

I did message one of the modders basically saying to grow the f*ck up and at least if they're going to cheat do it for the benefit of the other players, and reminded him that Free Mode isn't even ranked - you get no points so cheating has no benefit whatsoever except make you look like a noob who has to mod to be good at the game. His response? "bitch u cnt mod u dnt hav skill". Yeah.

Really the only way to truly avoid them is finding good players and making a free mode with private slots. Otherwise you have no choice but to put up with them, they aren't going anywhere. That's why they ruin your fun, cause it feels good being on top of everyone else knowing they can't touch you. On a psycological level they're retarded and haven't written a single line of code in their life.

If any xbox people need a legit player my gamertag is "miitcho 08" without the quotes. It's a shame that modders have driven the fun GTA community away from multiplayer.

metsfan89
  • metsfan89

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE (SmC12 @ Tuesday, Apr 3 2012, 21:37)
I had a great free mode session yesterday, loads of fun people and it was a really nostalgic experience, it felt like the old GTA IV multiplayer days when the game was new, then of course modders entered the game. It's especially annoying because I was just getting back into IV and I was having fun, I had no idea the modding was still so out of control untill today when my experience was just modder after modder..

I got the fire mod on me, rammed by a super sonic firetruck, someone spawned in my car and set C4, then a pistol which shot RPG's. Damn I saw it all. A couple of players did try to kick them but most just tried to ignore it and escape to a safe part of the map, cause kicking them doesn't work, they'll either exit quickly and come back, or they'll freeze your xbox.

I did message one of the modders basically saying to grow the f*ck up and at least if they're going to cheat do it for the benefit of the other players, and reminded him that Free Mode isn't even ranked - you get no points so cheating has no benefit whatsoever except make you look like a noob who has to mod to be good at the game. His response? "bitch u cnt mod u dnt hav skill". Yeah.

Really the only way to truly avoid them is finding good players and making a free mode with private slots. Otherwise you have no choice but to put up with them, they aren't going anywhere. That's why they ruin your fun, cause it feels good being on top of everyone else knowing they can't touch you. On a psycological level they're retarded and haven't written a single line of code in their life.

If any xbox people need a legit player my gamertag is "miitcho 08" without the quotes. It's a shame that modders have driven the fun GTA community away from multiplayer.

yeah that fire mod is crazy. i think they're new types of mods or something because i have never seen them until recently. some guy shot like 30 rockets at once and killed me instantly and this was without friendly fire on. so yeah it was pretty intense.

anyway though i kind of got the upper hand on this idiot. what i did was i messaged everyone in the game (except the modder) and told them that he was going to freeze the game and everyone needs to kick him. and what do you know? IT WORKED! he got kicked lol. it took a good 7 votes but i got him out. i think that will be my plan from no won to get rid of these childish fools.

the problem with that though is it only lasts for that game. i really wish there was a way to get them banned from xbox. filing a complaint never works

el_roy1985
  • el_roy1985

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

Isn't your box supposed to be banned permanently for modding?

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (el_roy1985 @ Wednesday, Apr 4 2012, 21:33)

Yeah, supposed to.

Usually people who mod hotswap a part of their xbox which basically prevents their xbox IP and Serial number being picked up, essentially making them anonymous and un-bannable.

metsfan89
  • metsfan89

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

it just keeps getting worse and worse... its sad whats happening to this game. every game i join there is modders. it might be time to call it quits.. its too bad. its a fun game

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

How are people even able to do these mods?? mad.gif

I know that for ps3, it's almost impossible aside from the glitches the game has, but is it because the 360 is from microsoft and uses their software therefore easier to mod than a ps3?

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

As far as I know somehow they can connect X360 to PC and than mod it

metsfan89
  • metsfan89

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

this one guy was just kicking people out of the game because he felt like it. its really a disgrace Microsoft or Rockstar or whoever does nothing about this. i see no point in filing a complaint on the person either. people never get banned on xbox

Patchey
  • Patchey

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:55 AM

I had a guy threaten to ddos me cause I killed him over and over for racist comments. He got mad and called me a pussy because I wouldn't accept his party invite (which would give him my Ip adress) he jumped in his modded buzzard, then rage quit after I used the rapid fire sniper glitch on him.

Nebby
  • Nebby

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:35 PM Edited by Method, 01 May 2012 - 12:38 PM.

QUOTE (SmC12 @ Thursday, Apr 5 2012, 10:35)
QUOTE (el_roy1985 @ Wednesday, Apr 4 2012, 21:33)

Yeah, supposed to.

Usually people who mod hotswap a part of their xbox which basically prevents their xbox IP and Serial number being picked up, essentially making them anonymous and un-bannable.

Yup.

Stealth patch is your friend. colgate.gif I've been banned for "system tampering" although they've only banned my account... what a joke.

Rockstar* doesn't really have a problem with modder's either and that's essentially why they don't do a ban wave. Just try to find a friend with script's so any other douche's in the game doesn't f*ck with you.

@Scott: Invite me when you need backup... I'll return the favor to them. wink.gif

Stev Elson
  • Stev Elson

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

I can't believe how it's gone now. Must've been about this time 2009 that they started, but it wasn't until 2010 that the major d*ck ones started being given out. I'd say something about TBoGT but I went in a game over easter for a whole 10 seconds, which went something like this:
  • Enter Game, immediately hear swearing and "F U HOMO" over the microphones on the loading screen
  • Visual come up to just explosions
  • Mute TV
  • Die from said explosions
  • Respawn
  • Get frozen.

I miss the days when the biggest threat to people were circle strafers confused.gif

Don't get me wrong, some modders are nice, but the majority now are just like 'HEY, LOOK AT MY MODS, I'VE GOT POWER OVER YOU AND CAN SET YOU ON FIRE!' it's just pathetic really. Such a shame people who are so bad at the game that they have to hack, drown under the amount of their own denial about how they're now 'good at the game' because of it. Plus so many of the modern generation of GTA 4 players don't even know any of the classic glitches because they weren't around for them. Like the invisibilty nametag above your head glitch, nothing like sliding from the top of your car then driving round pretending to be a NPC on blips off FM. Or the classic 'interrupting door glitch', get a friend to watch over you doing it in the airport, run over and then knife a kid in broker who has no idea what the hell just happened. Just quite sad that GTA vanilla went the same way as TBoGT and TLAD never really caught on as a viable FM alternative because of the lack of annihilators confused.gif

I'm just glad the account hacks never truly caught on before they were patched. Couple of people getting their card details from their original accounts stolen back in the summer of '09 were brutal hacks.

PreciousWall
  • PreciousWall

Respect Is Everything

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Tuesday, Apr 3 2012, 16:19)
QUOTE (NightTimePaul @ Tuesday, Apr 3 2012, 02:50)

I'm not. If you don't like noobs, avoid them like i do with TDM. R* n Ms ain't gonna do sh*t.

did you play the pc version? nobody played TDM & Races anymore
99% players playing free mode with mods & trainer

GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

@Darkdude

I am on the PC too,that's true.
I only play other modes sometimes,like CnR,TDM,DM,TMW...

I normally use a trainer in freemode to compensate for the lack of car spawning and sh*t for freeroam.It also aids me during my roleplays,which I host commonly.

spankyspeedster
  • spankyspeedster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

I have noticed lately that even the environment is now being modded (ramps and dinosaur skeletons at airport for example) I do admit its actually kinda cool playing in these free roam games but only when the modders are behaving themselves, which is rare. The ones that cause me to spontaneously combust drive me absolutely nuts.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Die Hoodrat DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:56 AM

this is a fascinating thread. i have read on PC gaming sites that developers and companies don't want to release games for the PC because of the modding and the piracy

metsfan89
  • metsfan89

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:50 AM

5 months after i make this thread and the modders are still out of control. nice work rockstar/xbox/microsoft. whichever one of you idiots are in charge

hugh750
  • hugh750

JUST PLAIN CRAZY!!!

• Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:37 AM

QUOTE (gta2011 @ Tuesday, Sep 4 2012, 19:50)
5 months after i make this thread and the modders are still out of control. nice work rockstar/xbox/microsoft. whichever one of you idiots are in charge

if you think ots bad on xbox try the pc version tbogt free roam there's usually hackers on there but i do get lucky sometimes and get a session with no hackers on there they sometimes crash the server which usually ends up locking up my pc.
they make the hackers on red dead redemption xbox 360 seem tame by comparision

metsfan89
  • metsfan89

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (hugh750 @ Tuesday, Sep 4 2012, 22:37)
if you think ots bad on xbox try the pc version tbogt free roam there's usually hackers on there but i do get lucky sometimes and get a session with no hackers on there they sometimes crash the server which usually ends up locking up my pc.
they make the hackers on red dead redemption xbox 360 seem tame by comparision

wow i would be very nervous playing GTA on a pc. that thing could crash with all those hackers out there. be careful

hidingKILLER
  • hidingKILLER

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

How much do threads like this on forums like this help?
Do companies like Rock* or Microsoft even look at posts like this?
Fair enough we can complain to each other, all agreeing about it, but do the companies in charge know the problems, and how much it p*sses fans of the series off.
Who can we complain to, to see any possible changes? Has anyone tried?

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (hidingKILLER @ Thursday, Dec 27 2012, 17:05)
How much do threads like this on forums like this help?
Do companies like Rock* or Microsoft even look at posts like this?
Fair enough we can complain to each other, all agreeing about it, but do the companies in charge know the problems, and how much it p*sses fans of the series off.
Who can we complain to, to see any possible changes? Has anyone tried?

user posted image

hidingKILLER
  • hidingKILLER

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

It's just so damn annoying that pretty much nothing can be done about something that has already ruined such a fun game

bomexsaturn
  • bomexsaturn

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

Modders are taking over the playstation network also. I emailed rockstar and they want video proof. I have a few videos to send them. They also want gamer tags. Please email rockstar support so they can see the volume of angry players. Hopefully they will do something.

Add me on psn:Bomexsaturn

I don't lag or mod

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users