» «
Photo

movement problem, help!

7 replies to this topic
Frostune
  • Frostune

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:04 PM Edited by Frostune, 30 March 2012 - 03:29 PM.

im playing GTA vice city on PS2 3 times, none prob at all. But this is the first time i play on PC.
the problem is : when i tap A while taping W, tommy/the car stopped. is that bug, or it was normal??

im using win7 ultimate 64x, 2.5 GHz processor, 2RAM+4x2 gb flashdisk as RAM, 32 vidram, updated audio (idk i should tell u this, my audio fine).
i just edit few thing, like the menu changed to look-like-gta IV (i try to undo the change, nothing happen), i change the skin (i know this thing wont have relationship with problem im having), im try using compatible mode win98/me, it run good but not when i using 3d analyzer (3d analyzer work fine when not compatible mode). and my direct-X version is 11.

im sick of this bug i cant finish the boat race mission user posted image

just for the record, i cant raise the heli height while lean forward too, so i must do it one by one (and it drive me crazy user posted image)

and btw, i used the same keyboard to play on GTA IV few month ago (with different PC of course, no trouble at all)

Frostune
  • Frostune

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

i've reinstall it to ensure that change i did to gta vice city not causing this.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

I can't tell from your description whether you are experiencing a problem (bug or glitch) or if it is just an issue with YOU using the controls on PC...

If an issue with the keyboard controls then you can "remap" them to your liking-- many people do this with the NUM pad for controlling the heli--- obviously a keyboard is digitial (on or off) and not analog (repsonsive to pressure) so it just may be an issue of you learning how to use the controls utilizing the keyboard-- perhaps you need to be tapping the buttons.

I played almost exclusively on PS2/PS3-- I have the PC version but only used it for testing some things out and for utilizing/testing issues with some of the VC code tools---

If a PC player could weigh in with their opinion that would be great....

SPuds

Frostune
  • Frostune

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:44 AM Edited by Frostune, 31 March 2012 - 09:47 AM.

i already re setting the controller - -', i should take a video?

i resetting the movement:
forward : W
backward : S
right : D
left : A
lean forward : up
lean backward : down
lean right/left : right/left

so when i tap W and up together, the heli stop raising and stop lean forward.
when i tap W and A/D together to move the tommy, he stopped.
when i tap W and A/D together to move the cars/motorcycle, it stopped too (i try to use mouse controller, but it wont fit with me)

Frostune
  • Frostune

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:48 PM Edited by Frostune, 01 April 2012 - 02:05 AM.

68 people cant solve this?
pls solve this problem, i cant continiue the mission --' hard with this problem

Frostune
  • Frostune

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:10 AM

ok i agree with you this isnt gta vice city problem, its my keyboard problem. Is it will affect this if im using a keyboard with usb converter?

Frostune
  • Frostune

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:48 AM Edited by Frostune, 02 April 2012 - 06:52 AM.

SOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVEDSOLVED
to other people that might face the same problem as i am.
this is caused by uncleaned keyboard, try to open your keyboard and clean it (im not try it yet, im using other keyboard for now, and this keyboard wont fit me - - too wide)

the top one is other suggestion, but i solved with this one:
im using port converter into usb, thats the problem, there something wrong with the usb converter so i didnt use it, problem solved. (i use it because i think the port is broken, but it wasnt because im insertin the cable into wrong port..)

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

Glad you solved the problem--- I would have helped if I could of blush.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users