Photo

fixing "Unrecoverable Fault SMPA60"

8 replies to this topic
nvs231
  • nvs231

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

Hi, I have recently upgraded pc, and reinstalled the game, I have all of my savegame files back but now getting "Unrecoverable Fault SMPA60" due to having modded cars saved in my property car park spaces. I figured the easy way to fix this is to put the modded car files back in the new install. It has been a long time since I did the modding, can some one please tell me what file/s I need to copy from my old install, from memory I used spark to mod the game, I installed the car images and messed round with the handeling.

I need to know the exact file names and extentions as I am recovering these files using file recovery software.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

If you remember what cars did you have parked in the safehouse open spark iv and just install the original vehicle .wtf and .wtd, like "bobcat.wtd and bobcat.wtf", supposing you have a backup of the original vehicles. And for the handling the same, take the original handling file, copy the vehicle handling you want to replace and paste in the actual handling file.
Then I guess it will work, so clear the parking, save, and then you will be able to install mods on that vehicle, without having errors.
So you'd need the original vehicle file, and if the handling, carcols or vehicles.ide gives you problems, then you'd also need these.

nvs231
  • nvs231

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:00 PM

apparently info about the modded cars are stored in your savegame info if the cars are parked in your parking spaces, which conflicts with a fresh install. As I couldnt remember exaclty which cars I modded, replacing the original files with the modded files matching my savegame data is the easiest and safest option. I remembered what files and where they were. c:\program files\rockstar games\grand theft auto 4\common\data\handeling.dat & c:\program files\rockstar games\grand theft auto 4\pc\models\cdimages\vehicles.img, for those of you playing at home, before you mod I sugest you back up these originals, and before you format or upgrade pc, i sugest you back up your moded versions of these files too.

Ms.45
  • Ms.45

Angel of Vengence

• Members

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:31 AM

So the cars I have save that I just modded are causeing the game to crash?

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (Ms.45 @ Friday, Jun 1 2012, 11:31)
So the cars I have save that I just modded are causeing the game to crash?

Yep, as nvs said, just remove any modded car from the parking spaces.

Ms.45
  • Ms.45

Angel of Vengence

• Members

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:32 AM

Fastest fix is to just start a new game.. But thanks, it worked! smile.gif

Ne0nLiteZ
  • Ne0nLiteZ

Dealer

• Members

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

wait how do you just remove the saved cars from the parking spaces? im confused... im getting the same crash though.

i have a saved game with 2 cars in the parking spot, and when i play it crashes after a bit. you say remove them from the spot, but thats very vague..

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (Ne0nLiteZ @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 18:35)
wait how do you just remove the saved cars from the parking spaces? im confused... im getting the same crash though.

i have a saved game with 2 cars in the parking spot, and when i play it crashes after a bit. you say remove them from the spot, but thats very vague..

You have to, that's the only way for the save to work.

Ne0nLiteZ
  • Ne0nLiteZ

Dealer

• Members

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

yeah nevermind i derped.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users