Quantcast

» «
Photo

is there any way to use guns from helis?

8 replies to this topic
synchro_w
  • synchro_w

LOSE THE PIGS!

• Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

for some reason i cannot recall i got it into my head that killing all 200 pidgeons would allow me to use guns from a helicopter. this isn't the case.

is there any way i can use any weapon from within a heli? rem this is just GTAIV. i'm doing TLatD once i've got to 'deal' or 'revenge' in chapter 4 in GTAIV, then i'll be doing tBoGT [just realised that sounds kinda gay].

ps, has anybody noticed that the city seems to be more colorful once you install the DLCs to xbox HDD? i'm certain the core game has had some 'color' added to vanilla GTAIV since i always install my games to xbox HDD.

thnx

Captain_Obvis456
  • Captain_Obvis456

you're about to be inadequate

• Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

If you get 100% completion you can use the annihilator police helicopter.
Or you can spawn one as a cheat from your phone.

synchro_w
  • synchro_w

LOSE THE PIGS!

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (Captain_Obvis456 @ Thursday, Mar 29 2012, 21:43)
If you get 100% completion you can use the annihilator police helicopter.
Or you can spawn one as a cheat from your phone.

100% COMPLETION?? that means doing that stupid QUB3D arcade game? or winning a pool game from the break?? there is no way i can possibly do some of the things in the 100% completion. no way. the races, the stunts [19 to go], but doing all the stuff w brucie, jacob and packie? i know i've gotten all the stevie cars, drugs for jacob but , apart from getting bombs from packie i can't think what else i can do. unless it's part of chapter 3 or 4 and his sister is involved. i did get a 'turkey' the other day, totally unexpected, so i may get lucky... but i doubt it. damn!!!

i guess i'm gonna have to use a cheat cos 100% is just not possible with me.

thnx anyways, m8

Puto Bendejo
  • Puto Bendejo

motorcycle maniac

• Members

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:01 AM

actually, you do NOT need 100% completion to use the annihilator, only kill all 200 pigeons (flying rats). I'm stuck at 99.5% and still have the annihilator spawning at police stations. (the best is a tall roof in East Algongquin a couple blocks west of the river between the two bridges, as there are no cops guarding it. you can use the machine guns mounted but there are no rockets. I've seen the annihilators spawn before the flying rats are exterminated at the north entrance to the airport also, but they are heavily guarded.

synchro_w
  • synchro_w

LOSE THE PIGS!

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (Puto Bendejo @ Tuesday, Apr 3 2012, 06:01)
actually, you do NOT need 100% completion to use the annihilator, only kill all 200 pigeons (flying rats). I'm stuck at 99.5% and still have the annihilator spawning at police stations. (the best is a tall roof in East Algongquin a couple blocks west of the river between the two bridges, as there are no cops guarding it. you can use the machine guns mounted but there are no rockets. I've seen the annihilators spawn before the flying rats are exterminated at the north entrance to the airport also, but they are heavily guarded.

@puto
SERIOUSLY????
i killed all the pidgeons ages ago [well... 2 weeks] but someone told me i needed 100% to use annihilator but that seemed a bit pointless since if you've completed 100% then why bother with it? the game is done and you're playing the DLCs by then so the whole point of playing the game is to let u use a powerful chopper that u have no practical use for?!?!?

i sincerely hope you're right. i am playing the xbox version tho.

thnx

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:03 AM Edited by SmC12, 13 April 2012 - 02:06 AM.

If by "any weapons" you mean SMG's and Pistols, then no, you can't perform a drive-by in a helicopter. tounge.gif
Unless your a passenger in multiplayer, in which case you can lean out and shoot people.

The guns on the Buzzard and Annihilator can be used by pressing X on xbox. The Annihilator can be found all over the city, including the airport, police station in north algonquin, and various other helipads.

In TBOGT the Buzzard spawns in one location after completing the game, a helipad near the algonquin golf range.

You do not need 100% or complete any objectives to use guns on a chopper. I believe the 200 pigeon reward is an Annihilator with rockets instead of machine guns, it will spawn on top of the ME TV building in Star Junction - which can be accessed with a chopper.

-

Karjerker
  • Karjerker

Let's Be Bad Guys

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

NONSENSE! If you finish the main missions in GTA-IV you can play with the annihilator police helicopter ... I've seen a couple parked around the city and have gone after them. You cannot actually lean out of it and take pot shots at people unless you are working with another player in the multi-player games on the servers, wherein you can have three or four people in a copter. One pilot, three outriders.

eilabouni_rudy
  • eilabouni_rudy

Punkbuster

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

I don't think you need to get the Pigeons or finish the game 100%! I have seen an Annihilator countless times on top of the Police Station in Northeastern Algonquin... I am not sure if you need to beat the story line or what to find it there though...

Puto Bendejo
  • Puto Bendejo

motorcycle maniac

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (SmC12 @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 20:03)

You do not need 100% or complete any objectives to use guns on a chopper. I believe the 200 pigeon reward is an Annihilator with rockets instead of machine guns, it will spawn on top of the ME TV building in Star Junction - which can be accessed with a chopper.

-

correct in everything you say, except the annihilator you can use only has machine guns mounted you can use, no rockets (I'm very sad to say, as blowing up sh*t is SUCH a BLAST!)...also the MEtv building helipad can be accessed without a chopper, if you use the blue chevron at one of the guarded entrances, (which only appears when you're on foot), but the annihilator most likely won't spawn that way, so you are correct that you should use a chopper of some other sort to access it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users