• This topic is locked This topic is locked
371 replies to this topic
Mute Giant
  • Mute Giant

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:58 AM

Tweet by Andy McNamara (Game Informer editor) 25 Jan 2012:
I almost wrote a tweet about how Im trying to decide between 5 awesome games for the May cover, but I decided that would be cruel.

It probably doesnt mean much, but I think if one of the games he had to pick from was GTA V, it would be a no-brainer to him. Especially concidering their history of doing R* games for their cover features. I am certain GI will give us the first preview of GTA V, but I highly doubt it will be in the may issue. June or July issue is way more likely IMO.

Ciccibrillo
  • Ciccibrillo

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

On the 30 jan an user asked to Andy on twitter if Gta V would be the March cover.
He sayd clearly NO.
Look:

Andy McNamara ‏ @GI_AndyMc Chiudi
Our March cover reveal on Thursday is not GTA V. Sorry RT @Thiago_Maycon: Hello Andy! I wonder if this week we have news about GTAV?

This time, Andrew Rainer (another GI editor) hasn't said clearly NO.

Maybe this is a possibility..... =)

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

You're right Ciccibrillo. Game Informer will probably be the next time we hear anything about GTA V. Which upcoming issue is anybodys guess. I'd like to think that it'll be soon.

Ciccibrillo
  • Ciccibrillo

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

Yes, i think (even better, I HOPE XD) one of the next two issues will be THE ISSUE!

no_chance
  • no_chance

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (Ciccibrillo @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 12:06)
On the 30 jan an user asked to Andy on twitter if Gta V would be the March cover.
He sayd clearly NO.
Look:

Our March cover reveal on Thursday is not GTA V. Sorry RT @Thiago_Maycon: Hello Andy! I wonder if this week we have news about GTAV?

He didn't say clearly no what did he say?

Ciccibrillo
  • Ciccibrillo

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (no_chance @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 17:52)
QUOTE (Ciccibrillo @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 12:06)
He sayd clearly NO.
Look:

He didn't say clearly no what did he say?

He said:

"Oh. I can't tell you the game. You'll have to wait and see."

The complete conversation is on the second page of this topic biggrin.gif

I really hope....

Rico44
  • Rico44

Custom member title

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

So, the next cover story will be revealed on Thursday?

Ciccibrillo
  • Ciccibrillo

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (Rico44 @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 17:57)
So, the next cover story will be revealed on Thursday?

So people say, but i don't knoe the source/s

FRAIZER
  • FRAIZER

Made in the '80s

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

Never mind been discussed...

Kjax39
  • Kjax39

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (Mute Giant @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 09:58)
I almost wrote a tweet about how Im trying to decide between 5 awesome games for the May cover, but I decided that would be cruel.

It probably doesnt mean much, but I think if one of the games he had to pick from was GTA V, it would be a no-brainer to him. Especially concidering their history of doing R* games for their cover features. I am certain GI will give us the first preview of GTA V, but I highly doubt it will be in the may issue. June or July issue is way more likely IMO.

Doesn't seem like there would be much of a decision if GTA was one of those five. So makes me think it wasn't one of those five

el_roy1985
  • el_roy1985

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (Kjax39 @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 18:10)

Doesn't seem like there would be much of a decision if GTA was one of those five. So makes me think it wasn't one of those five

I'm sure for them it would be a "hard" choice. Do they want to release it and watch the fans gobble it up right now, or wait it out a little longer and watch us chomp at the bit? They already have the info, so they can hold onto it for a few months if they want. It will just build the anticipation even more.

I sure hope they don't make us wait even longer.

no_chance
  • no_chance

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (el_roy1985 @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 18:14)

I'm sure for them it would be a "hard" choice. Do they want to release it and watch the fans gobble it up right now, or wait it out a little longer and watch us chomp at the bit? They already have the info, so they can hold onto it for a few months if they want. It will just build the anticipation even more.

This is what i'm thinking and why would they wanna damage Max payne 3 even more i mean just look at the first trailer views compared to the second i'm sure GTAV had something to do with it

rere1love
  • rere1love

GTA DIVA

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

I remember GTA was the only reason why I bout the magazine yea they have a great relationship with them they would be the first to give out any info

Kjax39
  • Kjax39

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:41 PM

GTA news will help Max Payne 3 more than hurt it

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (el_roy1985 @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 18:14)

Rockstar are the ones pulling the strings. If Rockstar went to Game Informer and said "We'd like to reveal GTA V in your June issue" Game Informer would either say yes or Rockstar would go and give the preview to another magazine. They don't get handed info months in advance and then in their own time choose when to publish it, they'd put it out asap. I can't imagine any game in the world would beat GTA V in a battle for the front cover.

Toup
  • Toup

Group: Cheesedicks

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (Kjax39 @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 19:41)

Tell me your rationalization because I'm not seeing it.

Ciccibrillo
  • Ciccibrillo

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (Toup @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 18:46)
QUOTE (Kjax39 @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 19:41)

Tell me your rationalization because I'm not seeing it.

I think that too, GTA V would make Max Payne 3 more famous. I didn't know the existence of MP3 until the first days of November. Not kidding, i'm serious XD

Kjax39
  • Kjax39

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (Knife @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 18:41)
Rockstar are the ones pulling the strings. If Rockstar went to Game Informer and said "We'd like to reveal GTA V in your June issue" Game Informer would either say yes or Rockstar would go and give the preview to another magazine. They don't get handed info months in advance and then in their own time choose when to publish it, they'd put it out asap. I can't imagine any game in the world would beat GTA V in a battle for the front cover.

This

Ciccibrillo
  • Ciccibrillo

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (Kjax39 @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 18:58)
QUOTE (Knife @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 18:41)

This

effectively....

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (Knife @ Thursday, Mar 29 2012, 21:47)
Seems like a negative thing to say but I can't imagine GTA V screenshots being jaw-dropping. The trailer looked very nice but I don't think it made anyones jaws drop.

go back under your bridge troll icon13.gif

gmcb007
  • gmcb007

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (Deadly Target @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 19:14)
Seems like a negative thing to say but I can't imagine GTA V screenshots being jaw-dropping. The trailer looked very nice but I don't think it made anyones jaws drop.

Hardly a troll because he's right. As a major GTA fan I loved the trailer but i'm not going to be a fanboy about it and say that it was the best looking game ever.

Ciccibrillo
  • Ciccibrillo

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (gmcb007 @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 19:19)

Hardly a troll because he's right. As a major GTA fan I loved the trailer but i'm not going to be a fanboy about it and say that it was the best looking game ever.

Talking about graphic... it isn't so awsome.. i've seen better graphics
The thing that excites me is the "where" ... San Andreas (Los Santos and country) it's my fave GTA place

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (gmcb007 @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 19:19)

user posted image

show me a game as massive as gta 5 with better graphics

gmcb007
  • gmcb007

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:46 PM Edited by gmcb007, 30 March 2012 - 07:51 PM.

The fact you are going by a trailer alone is laughable. Trailers tend to be spruced up you know.

Oh, and to answer your question; Just Cause 2 and Skyrim. You know why? Because they are actually playable and not just from a trailer.

Stop acting like such a child.

HydraulicWaRiOr
  • HydraulicWaRiOr

Moe Boats

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (Deadly Target @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 19:36)

user posted image

There you go.

Ciccibrillo
  • Ciccibrillo

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

But nobody tells us that the trailer has been made in september-october 2011, maybe it has been made a lot of months before, in the waiting of the announce. We must see the second trailer to give a more precise answer.

Ciccibrillo
  • Ciccibrillo

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:08 PM

Sorry for the double post but this is important:

Mcnamara just confermed me that the next cover will be released on Thursday of the next week! cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

https://twitter.com/#!/Cicci_Brillo

here is the post, i registered on twitter just for ask him that! tounge.gif

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:24 PM Edited by Deadly Target, 30 March 2012 - 08:27 PM.

QUOTE (gmcb007 @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 19:46)
The fact you are going by a trailer alone is laughable. Trailers tend to be spruced up you know.

Oh, and to answer your question; Just Cause 2 and Skyrim. You know why? Because they are actually playable and not just from a trailer.

Stop acting like such a child.

look at the gta iv debut trailer then look at gta iv. theres absolutely no difference, in fact gta iv looks better now then it did in debut trailer, so GTA V can only look better then its debut trailer

btw just cause 2 only looks decent from the sky and looks ugly on ground. and dont even bring skyrim into this cuz just look at it:

user posted image

then

user posted image

seriously skyrims colors look so washed out

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (HydraulicWaRiOr @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 19:48)
QUOTE (Deadly Target @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 19:36)

user posted image

There you go.

[Supreme]

that pic looks so dull and lifeless almost as bad as the skyrim screenshot above

Ciccibrillo
  • Ciccibrillo

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

Fuk youuuuu (just kidding) have you read what i wrote?

Mcnamara just confermed me that the next cover will be released on Thursday of the next week!

https://twitter.com/#!/Cicci_Brillo

here is the post, i registered on twitter just for ask him that!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users