Quantcast

» «
Photo

[WIP]San Andreas Online [New Multiplayer]

21 replies to this topic

Poll: Will you join? (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you join?

1. Yes (9 votes [47.37%])

Percentage of vote: 47.37%

2. No (3 votes [15.79%])

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

3. Maybe (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Will see (7 votes [36.84%])

Percentage of vote: 36.84%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Skizzotrick
  • Skizzotrick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:14 PM

San Andreas Online

San Andreas Online is a new MultiPlayer Mod for GTA San Andreas.We have been working on its synchronization and it is pretty good at the moment.The mod haven't been released yet due to some bugs and because some functions must be added.It has the basic functions and procedures already but we are thinking to add more.It will be released as soon as we fix the Passenger system.
The next video was token BEFORE fixing the sync:

Some photos:
http://sa-o.weebly.c...114894_orig.png

You can find more information about the game on our website:
http://saonline.net/

xNCx
  • xNCx

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

Still working on SA: Party's source?

Ray_Santos
  • Ray_Santos

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

Looks good. But i cant see it geting a strong player base as the majority of online players are playing SA-MP + San Andreas is an old game now. I mean look at MTA, even they struggle to get a decent amount of players on a server. I would say 70% of SA-MP players have never even heard of MTA, apart from the map editor of course. So I'd say this has come 3 or 4 years to late, but I'll definitely give it a try when it's released as I'm a huge fan of online gaming, especially if it's GTA related.

Ivars
  • Ivars

HiiiPoWeR

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:29 AM

Well, hmmm.
There could be many people who would join this SA:O if you would remove lagshot. There are many clans who like to make deathmatch servers, plus I would play this if you would make an RP opportunity.

Ray_Santos
  • Ray_Santos

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (ivars @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 07:29)
Well, hmmm.
There could be many people who would join this SA:O if you would remove lagshot. There are many clans who like to make deathmatch servers, plus I would play this if you would make an RP opportunity.

Why on earth would you want to remove lagshot? Lagshooting is one of the main reasons i play SA-MP, it makes the game a whole lot more interesting and more competitive.
It also requires more skill as you have to find there hitbox.

Ivars
  • Ivars

HiiiPoWeR

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:04 AM

QUOTE (Ray_Santos @ Saturday, Mar 31 2012, 00:11)
Well, hmmm.

Why on earth would you want to remove lagshot? Lagshooting is one of the main reasons i play SA-MP, it makes the game a whole lot more interesting and more competitive.

Lagshoot is in SA-MP, and maybe it shouldn't be in SA:O becouse I know many people who play games like MW3, BF3. And after they started SAMP TDM they soon stoped playing SAMP, becouse it's annoying when you can't hit the targed directly, no lagshoot could be plus for SA:O.

Ray_Santos
  • Ray_Santos

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (ivars @ Saturday, Mar 31 2012, 07:04)
QUOTE (Ray_Santos @ Saturday, Mar 31 2012, 00:11)
Well, hmmm.

Lagshoot is in SA-MP, and maybe it shouldn't be in SA:O becouse I know many people who play games like MW3, BF3. And after they started SAMP TDM they soon stoped playing SAMP, becouse it's annoying when you can't hit the targed directly, no lagshoot could be plus for SA:O.

I'm pretty sure the majority of DM'ers on SA-MP would disagree with you on that, me included. I know it's not easy at first and takes alot of geting used to, but you have to practice Lagshooting and C-bugging to perfect it, using mouse+keys of course, not joypad

Skizzotrick
  • Skizzotrick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (Ray_Santos @ Thursday, Mar 29 2012, 21:55)
Looks good. But i cant see it geting a strong player base as the majority of online players are playing SA-MP + San Andreas is an old game now. I mean look at MTA, even they struggle to get a decent amount of players on a server. I would say 70% of SA-MP players have never even heard of MTA, apart from the map editor of course. So I'd say this has come 3 or 4 years to late, but I'll definitely give it a try when it's released as I'm a huge fan of online gaming, especially if it's GTA related.

Yes,you may be right.I need years to get a player base like SAMP has and it will be difficult because the game is getting older and older but i will give it a try anyway.I like to discover more things and programming a Multiplayer Game is something new to me.Anyway,i understood the code and i know how to add new functions and adjust the sync so it is not that difficult from now.
The reason why it has such a low player base at the moment is that the only place i advertised it is here.I will do more things for advertising it 2,3 days before the release date.

Still working on SA: Party's source?

Yes,i do.Even if it is scripted by someone else ,that doesn't mean i can't make it better.
It is pretty easy to edit and i have the rights from YWA to change its name and release it.I talked with him smile.gif .

dansgas1000
  • dansgas1000

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

As long as it dosent crash i defo get it 100%

Skizzotrick
  • Skizzotrick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:17 PM Edited by Skizzotrick, 04 April 2012 - 09:05 PM.

QUOTE (dansgas1000 @ Wednesday, Apr 4 2012, 10:45)
As long as it dosent crash i defo get it 100%

Good to know that smile.gif .

EDIT:
New announcement related to Client/Server Release posted on the forums.

Threule
  • Threule

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

If you can manage to add peds just like normal game, i would play it for sure

Ivars
  • Ivars

HiiiPoWeR

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Threule @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 12:28)

If your internet speed is 100 MB/s and ping 5 sure. dozingoff.gif

Skizzotrick
  • Skizzotrick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

I have a versions wich is like that.But as Ivars says,it could crash your Game smile.gif .

Threule
  • Threule

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (Skizzotrick @ Saturday, Apr 14 2012, 17:41)

I have a versions wich is like that.But as Ivars says,it

ou could try to do it without gangs and police, just default peds. And see how that works. If it lags, reduce the model of peds spawning

Bad.boy!
  • Bad.boy!

SA modder

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

Could you make it possible to share mods on a server? That would be awesome.

Convetors
  • Convetors

Suddently its Me !

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

The Thing that Gonna Make gta online Awesom is traffic (cars and peds) So you Can feel you are Living ! Great and realistic Real police biggrin.gif .. almost like Single player Mode but in this situation you gonna see other Players on the City

Skizzotrick
  • Skizzotrick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

Not going to add peds for now,maybe going to do it in a parallel project.
New updates brought to the server !File exploring,read here :

http://forum.saonlin....php?f=5&t=4515

67DarkCloud
  • 67DarkCloud

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

I just don't understand why people would actually want to lag shoot. Wouldn't you rather play lag free?

Skizzotrick
  • Skizzotrick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (67DarkCloud @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 11:12)
I just don't understand why people would actually want to lag shoot. Wouldn't you rather play lag free?

Ofc my point is to make it lag free.But it will take time untill it is perfect.

Takahiro855
  • Takahiro855

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:44 AM

im gonna try SA:O
it would be cool for zombie servers too
any downloaded links for SA:O ?

Ray_Santos
  • Ray_Santos

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:22 PM

@67DarkCloud One of the main reasons i play SA-MP is because of the lag shooting, if it wasn't for the lag then surely everyone would be using Autoaim (joypad) which would make it extremely easy to kill players.

@Skizzotrick Making a multiplayer game without the lag is not very easy to achieve, so good luck with that. I have to say though, I'm looking forward to this one when it gets released.

Skizzotrick
  • Skizzotrick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

Not yet sorry.
The project has been delayed for an unknown date.We are creating a new one in a better language using a better Multiplayer software,raknet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users