Photo

Paparazzi Purge on Android phone!

5 replies to this topic
JazzyMcSnazzy
  • JazzyMcSnazzy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:02 AM

SERIOUSLY! i am f*ckin frustrated as f*ck tryin to beat this POS mission. it's missions like these that make me truly realize the flaw in what otherwise seemed like the perfect touchscreen version of a classic game. for the record, i played it on the Atrix and now the Bionic.

1. did it the conventional way: the pointed out police boat CANNOT keep up and on top of that, i can't gas, steer, AND shoot at the same time.

**i don't know about u guys, but on both Android phones i've owned, the steering always points itself left unless u steer forward (WTF is up with that?). i have tried to do all three actions at the same time but it seems that the screen can only register two touches at the same time.** IMPOSSIBLE

2. watched a walkthrough from an iPad player on YouTube: saw that there's a faster Police boat on the other dock so i tried that one out. managed to keep up so i tried to aim and let go of the gas momentarily so i can shoot and STILL cannot land any damage even tho i've gotten closer to the f*ckin target. IMPOSSIBLE

3. tried chasin him all the way to where he supposedly docks and gets off the boat so i can just shoot his ass on land but NO, i can't f*ckin do it becuz everytime i am on his tail, it gets to a point where suddenly my controls go haywire (gas AND analog suddenly stops working) IMPOSSIBLE

4. tried to snipe him from Asuka's as supposedly someone else did but u cannot even see a f*ckin body to shoot

5. read about the rocket launcher method but i simply don't have one. it also seems like it'd be HIGHLY difficult to land the 2nd rocket that delivers the final blow.

for now, i can do whatever missions the game will allow for Kenji, but after that, i am stuck with this bullsh*t until i find a goddamn solution.

- FRUSTRATED PLAYER

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

I've always sniped at the boat on the PC and PS2 versions. If you are careful to stay on the buoyed Portland side of the "river", you can get quite far ahead of his boat and have enough time to fire 3 shots at it...greatly reducing it's hull strength. This should apply regardless of which version you are using.

Regarding the chase portion to finish it off...the two major tips are:

Never fire unless you have a clear shot at his boat (I dunno if the police boat actually slows down when firing...but it acts like it does). That is, dead ahead and close enough so that it would be nearly in view if you were using the overhead cam or closer.

Always stay close to the Portland landmass...regardless of how he is weaving. He WILL steer right into your path...using nearly 90-degree turns on occasion. Just stick close to Portland while keeping your speed maxed. By now, you should know his route...it's the same every time.

That ought to be able to finish off the boat before you reach the Northern part of Portland.

sibs44
  • sibs44

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

If you are good at aiming, just fire a rocket launcher at his boat.. keep doing it till it explodes.

JazzyMcSnazzy
  • JazzyMcSnazzy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

thanks for the tips y'all, but my guess is that u guys haven't tried it on an Android device yet?

i will try stickin towards Portland and just drive the shortest path there to catch him at the docks, but i get the feelin the controls will just crap out on me again.

shootin at him while steerin and drivin is definitely not gonna work on the touchscreen.

aiyaaaa i wish i could just play this on my PS3

sibs44
  • sibs44

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (JazzyMcSnazzy @ Thursday, Mar 29 2012, 14:04)
thanks for the tips y'all, but my guess is that u guys haven't tried it on an Android device yet?

i will try stickin towards Portland and just drive the shortest path there to catch him at the docks, but i get the feelin the controls will just crap out on me again.

shootin at him while steerin and drivin is definitely not gonna work on the touchscreen.

aiyaaaa i wish i could just play this on my PS3

No I haven't played it on Android yet. I get where your coming from though, hope it works out.

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

Me neither.

About point 5 in the top post...that does appear to be the quickest and easiest way of completing the mission (you don't even need a boat - just walk down the closest dock and go as near to him as you can on foot)...so you might want to concentrate on collecting the rest of the HP's if the device won't let you complete it in the conventional way. As the first rocket is in the air, aim just slightly to East of the boat and immediately fire when the first explodes. He'll turn right into the blast of the second.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users