Anchorman Two?

33 replies to this topic
Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:36 AM

Yep, his best character and film to date, has a returning destined date to return to the BIG SCREEN !?!
Hear all about it, ANCHORMAN TWO is REALITY!

http://news.moviefon...just_reloaded=1

RED_
  • RED_

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:17 AM

HELL TO THE YES!!!!!!! You know what it's like with a dreaded sequel though.. Lets hope its a good one!

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

I've been waiting for an anchorman sequel for years now, Ferrell never usually makes sequels so when I first heard about this i thought it was a rumour but now I'm very excited.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

Am I the only person that thought Anchorman was a little overrated? I don't mean to sound like a grouch but I watched it twice and I just didn't get why people think it's soo funny.

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

It has to be good, I don't think Will Ferrel would do a sequel if he knew it wasn't gonna be up to par. I am so excited, i hope it brings on a new wave of anchorman quotes

Pagelzilla
  • Pagelzilla

Blowjob Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Thursday, Mar 29 2012, 09:13)
Am I the only person that thought Anchorman was a little overrated? I don't mean to sound like a grouch but I watched it twice and I just didn't get why people think it's soo funny.

I think you might be the only person. Anchorman came out when I was a sophomore in high school and we all ate that sh*t up. 8 years later I still laugh when I see it

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (Pagelzilla @ Thursday, Mar 29 2012, 17:03)

I think you might be the only person. Anchorman came out when I was a sophomore in high school and we all ate that sh*t up. 8 years later I still laugh when I see it

Yeah, I know, lol. Feeling left out. sad.gif tounge.gif

Mr.Funny12
  • Mr.Funny12

Just keep swimming...

• Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

I'm sure it won't be that bad. The originals are always the best in every series though.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Thursday, Mar 29 2012, 11:36)

Might be a cultural thing. It really helps you get the humor if you grew up in the US and watched local evening news. Most of the funny lies in the cliche characters, narcissistic personalities and blatant sexism. Personally, I thought Anchorman was underrated.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Thursday, Mar 29 2012, 16:13)

I'm with you, but then again I really, really dislike Will Ferrell.

Really.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

*Grabs his chest and falls to the floor*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (Fnorg @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 04:38)
QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Thursday, Mar 29 2012, 16:13)

I'm with you, but then again I really, really dislike Will Ferrell.

Really.

How can you dislike him? He's one of the most humble actors in Hollywood and his comedies are more often than not top notch.

Marlowe.
  • Marlowe.

I Still Jerk-off Manually

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (buzbegone @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 09:43)
How can you dislike him? He's one of the most humble actors in Hollywood and his comedies are more often than not top notch.

lol.gif Good one. icon14.gif

I liked the first movie (one of the few Ferrell movies I do like) but this just seems like a bad idea. Has he run out of ideas? He now has to resort back t Anchorman? Maybe it'll be funny, who knows- but I kinda doubt it.

Tyler
  • Tyler

This is gonna take crackerjack timing, Wang.

• Unknown
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:14 AM

I brought this up to a group of friends who I thought weren't Will Ferrell fans and we ended up throwing out lines from the first one all day. Thing I love about his Will is that his films are always quotable from beginning to end.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:25 AM

I never understood the hate for Will Farrell. He has been in a couple sh*tty movies since Anchorman, but at the same time he did this...

http://www.funnyordi...t-panther-mckay

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (Voodoo @ Thursday, Mar 29 2012, 14:47)

Might be a cultural thing. It really helps you get the humor if you grew up in the US and watched local evening news. Most of the funny lies in the cliche characters, narcissistic personalities and blatant sexism. Personally, I thought Anchorman was underrated.

It's true. Absurdist comedy and characters that are caricatures of certain people that actually existed in some capacity is what made this, and many Judd Apatow movies, funny.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (Marlowe. @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 01:09)
I liked the first movie (one of the few Ferrell movies I do like) but this just seems like a bad idea. Has he run out of ideas? He now has to resort back t Anchorman? Maybe it'll be funny, who knows- but I kinda doubt it.

With you on this one. I don't really see how Anchorman can have a sequel and be just as good as the original. It's the same character, which surely means repeating the same stuff from the original?

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 13:59)
QUOTE (Voodoo @ Thursday, Mar 29 2012, 14:47)

It's true. Absurdist comedy and characters that are caricatures of certain people that actually existed in some capacity is what made this, and many Judd Apatow movies, funny.

Yeah Voodoo, I see what you mean man. However, my younger brother and his friends loved it and often quoted stuff from it - and they're/we're Irish. I usually would be able to pick up the context and see the funny, having grown up with so much U.S. T.V. and film. I did get some serious laughs out of it, like the flute scene where he does a kind of Jethro Tull job. I'll rewatch it with what people are saying and try keep an open mind.

icon14.gif

Mr White0161
  • Mr White0161

I am the f*cking shark.

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:04 PM

I heard about this by seeing him appear on Conan in character...

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

obviously Will Ferrell is solid gold.

but the reason this sequel will be successful - more than anything - is that Judd Apatow is directing icon14.gif

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:41 PM

Yet to see Anchorman. Sat down to watch it a few week back but ended up putting a Dirty Harry film on instead tounge.gif

Will Ferrell seems like a funny bloke though.

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Cyclop have 9 years

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Mar 29 2012, 15:13)

I can't get past the first 10 minutes.

QUOTE (Voodoo @ Mar 29 2012, 19:47)

I grew up in American watching Local news, and Anchorman wasn't funny.

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Mar 30 2012, 06:25)
I never understood the hate for Will Farrell.  He has been in a couple sh*tty movies since Anchorman, but at the same time he did this...

http://www.funnyordi...t-panther-mckay

That wasn't funny. Adam Mckay is an unfunny douchebag.

I don't hate Will Ferrell, I like many of his movies. However, Anchorman was just crap.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:01 AM

Thanks for the indepth review, Imi. I'd love to know what you do find funny?

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

Transvestite slapstick, I heard.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

The Conan bit is just funny in the same way, visually, he looks the part and having the returning cast, I hope this comes to pass, Fred Willard is not some stuck up actor who would turn this down, I should think

A BIG THUMBS DOWN to the Moderators changing my title and putting question marks in there, I am certain this will be good, just 'cause!!

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here.

• United-States

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Thursday, Mar 29 2012, 10:13)

Sixty percent of the time I'd agree with you every time, but I have to say Anchorman is an all around good comedy, everything from the over-the-top characters to the parody of the time period made it memorable.

I wonder what point in time the sequel will take place...

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Saturday, Mar 31 2012, 12:09)
A BIG THUMBS DOWN to the Moderators changing my title and putting question marks in there, I am certain this will be good, just 'cause!!

But he reads whatever's on the teleprompter. Anything.

I just hope it's got all the side characters (especially all of the rival news teams) returning in some capacity.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:31 PM Edited by Don Garcia, 25 April 2013 - 06:02 PM.

404: Post not found

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (Xcommunicated @ Saturday, Mar 31 2012, 18:26)
QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Thursday, Mar 29 2012, 10:13)

Sixty percent of the time I'd agree with you every time, but I have to say Anchorman is an all around good comedy, everything from the over-the-top characters to the parody of the time period made it memorable.

I wonder what point in time the sequel will take place...

I see what you did there! biggrin.gif

Well, I love Will Ferrell so I shall re-watch it and see if I change my mind. I still liked the film just didn't think it was amazing. Maybe I just caught the hype then when I actually got around to watching it I was underwhelmed. I'd blame myself first before I'd blame a film, unless it was Moulin Rouge, lol.

grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012
    Topic of the Year 2011 "GTA V Screenshot Fun"

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:20 AM

I'm excited too. It'd be interesting to see how they do it. Anchorman is a classic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users