Photo

Double-Clicking Mouse

6 replies to this topic
Jewstinian
  • Jewstinian

Sprouting Brass and Slinging Lead

• Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:29 AM

I had my doubts about where to place it, so I do apologize if I put this topic in the wrong category.

Something is wrong with my mouse, apparently. The mouse double-clicks or when I press it once, every few or so times, it counts it as two clicks. It gets really annoying at times (Especially when playing Minecraft) and hoping someone could tell me a solution to this problem. It's a Logitech M100.

Thanks.

Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:43 AM

Go to Computer>Organize>folder and search options
Under click items as follows, select double click to open a item (single click to select)
Hit apply and okay.
Viola!

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

@Stinky
That is for the desktop. He said it also happens in Minecraft.

@TheJustinAllenK
Control Panel->Mouse->Buttons-Double-click speed
Try lowering (slower) the speed at which a double click happens and try double clicking on the test folder to the right to see what happens.
If that doesn't work, go a head an Apply it (Don't hit OK) and adjust the setting again and Apply that (again not OK) and see if that helps.
Lastly try the mouse on another system and try a different mouse on your system.
If you're using a mouse that comes with extra software, like a gaming mouse with lots of buttons or something, check with it's software to see if there is a setting that can control the speed...which would be odd since it would be redundant but anything is possible.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

That's if the Control Panel for Mouse features, or any driver associated can resolve the issue, there could be sticking buttons on a mouse or gaming controller, it's a case where you may have to clean the associated parts via disassembly

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

It does indeed sound like the mouse needs cleaning. It's often better just to buy a new one smile.gif

You could try increasing the double-click interval in the control panel, see if that rules out the super-quick "glitch clicks".

OverTheBelow
  • OverTheBelow

OTB "Oaty-Bee"

• Zaibatsu

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:42 PM

My 8 month old Logitech G500 suffers this problem too. Best thing you can do is just take advantage of the warranty because you'll void it by opening the mouse to clean underneath the buttons without breaking anything. Logitech are great with replacements as well (often if you have your proof of purchase, they won't request the old product back, just send you a new one), so give it a try.

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:35 AM

I had a mouse start doing this, I had to replace it. Nothing I did would fix it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users