Photo

What the Hell?

35 replies to this topic
copsncrooksfan
  • copsncrooksfan

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (EL_FUGA @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 11:08)
QUOTE (nic_23 @ Monday, Apr 9 2012, 03:10)
im glad this doesn't happen on ps3 because it would totally spoil the game.

Could we state that the most successful platform for GrandTheftAuto IV has been, and currently is the PS3?

Yes imho. Last time I joined a free roam on the Xbox I had to switch off the console. The modders made it freeze.

Sounds like it!

Reach1995
  • Reach1995

The holyer then thou killer.

• Members

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:21 AM

I actually encountered a modder and just for fun I just sent him a message saying "Smile, I'm filming!"

He quit like the little ***** most of these modders are. lol.gif

Ethereal_NYC
  • Ethereal_NYC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

Could we state that the most successful platform for GrandTheftAuto IV has been, and currently is the PS3?

Yes imho. Last time I joined a free roam on the Xbox I had to switch off the console. The modders made it freeze.

I came in here just to say this

never happens on ps3.

this was happening only a few months after this game was released (4 to 5 months) where people where modding like crazy on xbox

this is not a new issue. technically xbox has two GTAs that are unplayable.

one time I was in lost and damned FM on xbox in the club protection mode and the guy was in an invisible flying vehicle and he could do a driveby with rpgs. SMH

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (Ethereal_NYC @ Monday, Jun 11 2012, 15:38)

I came in here just to say this

never happens on ps3.

this was happening only a few months after this game was released (4 to 5 months) where people where modding like crazy on xbox

this is not a new issue. technically xbox has two GTAs that are unplayable.

one time I was in lost and damned FM on xbox in the club protection mode and the guy was in an invisible flying vehicle and he could do a driveby with rpgs. SMH

I saw someone warp to me. In a zigzag running motion, I dodged the grenades. The funny part was when I took cover in a subway station at the airport. The modder tried to warp towards me, but got on the wall instead.

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:11 PM

I would think that all MS has to do is run a scan on installed game differences. Unfortunately, they probably just do not care. They used to be big on this kind of stuff. I guess they are lacking now.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

All your gold are belong to us.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Wednesday, Mar 28 2012, 10:58)
This obviously happens a lot on Xbox, but never on PS3.

Anyone able to explain, how these modders do all this?

I've only witnessed something like it, once on Call of Duty, and it was horrible.

The reason is happens much more often on the Xbox is because the built in Operating System is Windows. Grand Theft Auto IV has been out for some time, and the source code is easy to manipulate. The PS3 runs a modified version of Linux, which disallows modding. But the Linux Block can be bypassed through jail breaking your console.

The game's are virtually the same for 360 and PS3. All of these script mods such as flying cars, multi colored explosions, rocket shooting guns, ect. are just simple lines of code placed inside of the Game's core files. Most of the modifications regarding new colors, weather, weapon damage tables and such are in the data files.

If you want to stop a specific modder, report the modder, but that doesn't mean more will pop up. I host modded lobbies on both platforms, and it's all about who is modding. Some people are nice, some people are mixed and some are just rude in general.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users