» «
Photo

Games for Windows Live update crashes game

5 replies to this topic
foexzya
  • foexzya

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:40 AM Edited by foexzya, 28 March 2012 - 01:45 AM.

SPECS:
Recently bought from Steam
W7 x64
AMD Phenom II X4 820 Processor 2.80 GHz
AMD Radeon Sapphire HD 6850 1GB
6GB RAM

-----------
Tried Update 7 / .NET Framework 4 / DirectX11 / C++ x86 10.0.40219
-----------

I tried as much as i could before i went here, but my problem is as goes:

When i start the game WITHOUT updating GFWL (going into online mode for SocialClub) i'm able to access the Live interface from the menu and attempt to log in, without logging in i can still play the game, without saving of course. But as soon as i attempt to log in with Live and it prompts me to install the GFWL update:

AFTER the update my game is able to start up and get to the menu, but the Live + Live Marketplace menu choices no longer respond, and once i try to start the game, being prompted to log in, the Live
interface no longer appears. Trying to proceed without logging in gets me past the 'Starting New Game' and the first two seconds of the opening scene and crashes to this

user posted image

After this is I uninstalled, and attempted to reinstall GFWL through this folder after using the selected App

user posted image

Again the game works and the Live interface works but as soon as i attempt to update the GFWL it no longer works.

(NOTE: after i update GFWL i can no longer open it through All Programs anymore. Also, trying to run the game with xlive.dll in the GTA IV folder makes the game entirely not run.)

Is there any possible way to fix this so i can play MP? Any help would be appreciated greatly.

TopHat01
  • TopHat01

Public Enemy #1

• Members

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:13 AM

I'd recommend completely uninstalling GFWL (including updates, etc.), then verify GTA IV's cache through Steam. Try running the game again to re-install GFWL, see if it works.

foexzya
  • foexzya

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (TopHat01 @ Wednesday, Mar 28 2012, 04:13)
I'd recommend completely uninstalling GFWL (including updates, etc.), then verify GTA IV's cache through Steam. Try running the game again to re-install GFWL, see if it works.

Alright well after i ran the cache check i did have about 3 files all screwy, fixed those, and reinstalled GFWL again. But it pretty much did the same thing... I'm thinking its a problem with GFWL actually since i can't even run it itself. I don't even get some sort of warning or error message after it kaputs.
user posted image

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

Completely uninstall GFWL and install the client from here http://www.xbox.com/.../downloadclient

If that still doesn't work, you should check the GFWL forums, they made the bloody thing, let them sort it out. Alternately, you can use xliveless to completely bypass GFWL crap.

foexzya
  • foexzya

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Wednesday, Mar 28 2012, 16:54)
Completely uninstall GFWL and install the client from here http://www.xbox.com/.../downloadclient

If that still doesn't work, you should check the GFWL forums, they made the bloody thing, let them sort it out. Alternately, you can use xliveless to completely bypass GFWL crap.

Alright, still crashes. xliveless works though. time for one last attempt to yell at Microsoft to see if i can't get it fixed, thanks anyways!

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:43 AM

This is most probably a .net problem, which is not that easy to fix (as to my knowledge) in Vista/7 as it comes preinstalled and I don't know what good can it do to just reinstall the bloody thing over a bad installation.

Try these:
http://blogs.msdn.co...dows-vista.aspx
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306160

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users