» «
Photo

[WIP] LCPD - New units and skins

1 reply to this topic
SomerenV
  • SomerenV

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:34 PM Edited by SomerenV, 27 March 2012 - 01:58 PM.

Last week I upgraded my hardware and as a benchmark I installed GTA IV with some texture-mods and iCEnhancer 2.0. It runs like a charm on my new rig, but now I want to get back into modding the game like I did 1 or 2 years ago. First I downloaded some 'real New York' mods to change adverts, Times Square, the NYPD, caps, etc. However, there were still too many things that reminded me of Liberty City, for example the cops that still say 'LCPD'. It's also kinda 'boring' to add the same mods to the game as thousands before me have done. So I've put back my back-up of the fresh installation (with patch 1.0.4.0) and started working on the police. First I'll show some screens, that the explanation:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

It's totally different that the old LCPD skins and it's not like most of the custom skins. The reason for that is simple: one of the first pictures I saw of GTA III featured a blue LCPD car. With the blue/white scheme in the back of my head I started searching for nice graphical styles for the overlay and lettering. I ended up with some screenshots of NFS: Hot Pursuit (2010) where you could see units of Seacrest County. These cars have a really nice print and I took my inspiration from them. But why not change the current LCPD skin you might ask. Why would I? I mean, Liberty City is a fictional city set in a fictional world. Then why should they have a non-fictional (or based on a non-fictional) police force? So yeah, a fresh new design for the LCPD units has emerged on my computer. Currently I'm still experimenting and looking at what works and what doesn't, but what do you guys think?

The cars are:
- Chevrolet Tahoe (POLPATRIOT) - not shown in the screens
- Chevrolet Caprice (NOOSE)
- Chevrolet Impala (POLICE2)
- Holden Commodore (POLICE)

Last but not least: what are appropriate names for units? Right now I've got things like Rapid Response, Liberty City Patrol, Security Enforcement and Emergency Response, but I have no idea if they are a bit...plausible.

This topic will be updated on regularly with updated skins or new skins. The white/blue skin for instance will be changed and I'm still improving the old skins.

Edit for mods: Can the title be changed to "[WIP] LCPD - New units and skins" ?

el_roy1985
  • el_roy1985

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

Nice. I'm really gonna have to get GTA IV on PC, so I can do some modding. Would love all of these cars. Especially the Caprice and Commodore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users