Photo

What to do on my day off

38 replies to this topic
jdbug28
  • jdbug28

RP - Simmer

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

Every monday i have a day off college. Ive completed all my assignments so far and i want to do something good instead of
1 browse facebook/twitter and gta forums
2 buy and eat pie and chips from chippy
3 walk home to stare at duff tv all afternoon
All my mates are at college or at work. So i always have none. What would you do if your at home with nobody all day? whatsthat.gif

Craig
  • Craig

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

Find a hobby, something that involves skill, so you can devote a portion of that time developing it. Learn a craft, or a form of expression like music and drawing. It has to be something you find enjoyable or else there's not much point. After all, you'd feel like you were wasting your time and that'll just hinder your progress - nobody wants to be good at something they hate doing. Try going for walks and taking photos? It's exercise, and you could build up a portfolio.

sonnyBlack
  • sonnyBlack

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

Going for walks is great. I just went on a good 6 or 7 mile walk a couple days ago. It was a beautiful day and was just nice to be outside for a change, and very good exercise. I might get a bike soon so I can do a little cycling next time as well.

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

Ron Swanson, A Swan Song.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (Craig @ Sunday, Mar 25 2012, 18:13)
Try going for walks and taking photos? It's exercise, and you could build up a portfolio.

I'd definitely agree with this. I was in a similar position and a friend recommended the same thing and it's honestly done wonders for me. I'm no good at photography at all but I don't really care because to me, they're a way to help memories of certain things come together. You could always take your pie and chips with you, sit down somewhere nice and quite and just enjoy the moment. Savour the small things.

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (jdbug28 @ Sunday, Mar 25 2012, 20:07)
What would you do if your at home with nobody all day?

Get a f*cking job!

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Olympics
  • Contribution Award [Gaming]
    Best Bae 2015

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

Uh, go out to eat somewhere different? Go to the cinema or rent a couple of films? Since the weathers going to be really nice tomorrow go out and play some sports (that don't involve other people) or go lounge around in the garden reading a book and breathing in the sun? I only get Thursday to myself, and to be quite honest I quite enjoy knowing I can get up at 9am and play video games/go out or just laze about the house.

JayM
  • JayM

Mighty Ink

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (TheGreatGig23 @ Sunday, Mar 25 2012, 18:22)
QUOTE (Craig @ Sunday, Mar 25 2012, 18:13)
Try going for walks and taking photos? It's exercise, and you could build up a portfolio.

I'd definitely agree with this. I was in a similar position and a friend recommended the same thing and it's honestly done wonders for me. I'm no good at photography at all but I don't really care because to me, they're a way to help memories of certain things come together. You could always take your pie and chips with you, sit down somewhere nice and quite and just enjoy the moment. Savour the small things.

I'm in the same position; with little hours at work, most days I'm trying to find tasks to fill the time. But I think I'm getting a camera for my birthday and I'm looking forward to just meandering around the city I live in, snapping whatever I can, try and capture something. I reckon you can derive a lot of satisfaction from doing that.

jdbug28
  • jdbug28

RP - Simmer

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (NaidRaida @ Sunday, Mar 25 2012, 18:35)
QUOTE (jdbug28 @ Sunday, Mar 25 2012, 20:07)
What would you do if your at home with nobody all day?

Get a f*cking job!

i wish i could. its hard at the moment you know

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:51 PM

I do one of many things. I would just get high, relax at home, take a f*ckin' nice long shower, lay on couch, chill at home and all that. Maybe then go out somewhere at night for a while.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (Rebel @ Sunday, Mar 25 2012, 15:33)
or go lounge around in the garden reading a book and breathing in the sun?

I know you love when I quote you wink.gif . Sorry, its just that I was going to recommend about the same.

Find a park or nice quiet grassy area and just chill. Maybe even take a nap with nature. Even just quietly watching the clouds float by can kill an hour.

Or you could just stay in your stank hole and browse the internet until evening rolls around.

jdbug28
  • jdbug28

RP - Simmer

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (trip @ Sunday, Mar 25 2012, 20:01)
Or you could just stay in your stank hole and browse the internet until evening rolls around.

thats the thing. its what i usually end up doing afterwards. nah. oh well, ill figure it out. somehow. Goodnight

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:12 AM

Go out for some walks, play some football with your friends (if they are available) or just play some new video games to kill the time

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:23 AM

Drive out somewhere natureful, and take a walk. Just do something different that will break the monotony.

Mark
  • Mark

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

Volunteer somewhere? Local communities are usually screaming out for volunteers.

ilovebender.com
  • ilovebender.com

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:45 AM

gym, shop or do nothing.

Kent Traffic Cop
  • Kent Traffic Cop

Old Skool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

Join the Territorial Army? Join the Special Constabulary?

abottig
  • abottig

tinyurl.com/2glbsx

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (jdbug28 @ Sunday, Mar 25 2012, 14:07)
Every monday i have a day off college. Ive completed all my assignments so far and i want to do something good instead of
All my mates are at college or at work. So i always have none. What would you do if your at home with nobody all day? whatsthat.gif

I was laid off about 1-1/2 years ago. So I got a job waiting tables. Anyone can do it, and if you find the right place, you can really make some good money.

Also, working out is a great cure for boredom. It fills your time, and makes you healthier/stronger. It's free too: Sit-ups, push-ups, pull-ups, and squats.

Volunteering, like someone else mentioned is an EXCELLENT idea. You'll make no money in the short term, but it will open doors for you that you never knew existed. Put yourself out there, and see what happens. Beats the sh*t out of sitting at your desk all day long.

Good luck.

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (abottig @ Wednesday, Mar 28 2012, 18:02)
I was laid off about 1-1/2 years ago. So I got a job waiting tables. Anyone can do it, and if you find the right place, you can really make some good money.

Couldn't agree more. I was in a similar situation after I moved back to Wales from Manchester. I managed to get myself a part-time job behind the bar of a pretty nice restaurant. I waited on tables occasionally and, luckily for me, I'm pretty good with people so the tips would pile up. Each night I used to leave about £30-40 better off just for talking to people. I would have carried on forever if it wasn't for my hearing problems.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:46 PM Edited by sivispacem, 28 March 2012 - 06:50 PM.

Start your own company. It's cheaper than a night on the piss, and it means you can tell people you are a director. Also, it's good, character-building stuff, churning your way through more than 300 pages of legislation. It'll prepare you well for the rest of your life, dealing with inane bureaucracy and being ominously concerned over whether your room classes as a business property and is therefore liable for business rates regardless of whether your company is actually in use or not.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (TheGreatGig23 @ Wednesday, Mar 28 2012, 18:09)
QUOTE (abottig @ Wednesday, Mar 28 2012, 18:02)

Couldn't agree more. I was in a similar situation after I moved back to Wales from Manchester. I managed to get myself a part-time job behind the bar of a pretty nice restaurant. I waited on tables occasionally and, luckily for me, I'm pretty good with people so the tips would pile up. Each night I used to leave about £30-40 better off just for talking to people. I would have carried on forever if it wasn't for my hearing problems.

You got a great head start there being Welsh, don't mean to be rude or stereotypical but I think Welsh accents are awesome and even when somebody isn't trying to be sociable and nice when they have a Welsh accent, they always sound so jolly and sociable.

Anyway OT, Like I said before but maybe a more productive day would include doing something you never done before. Eat some food that you've never tried, hit the swimming pool I don't know. I would just be lazy me at home doing what I always do, but it's fun to try a whole new thing. I recently just started working out, just out of nowhere and jogging as well. It makes you feel good once you go for a nice, long run and then come back breathless, when you can whip out the beer and other vices up your sleeve.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

Are you seriously asking an internet forum for what to do on your day off?

Next thing you know is people asking what to do in a toilet.

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (Sanjeem @ Wednesday, Mar 28 2012, 18:55)
You got a great head start there being Welsh, don't mean to be rude or stereotypical but I think Welsh accents are awesome and even when somebody isn't trying to be sociable and nice when they have a Welsh accent, they always sound so jolly and sociable.

I've heard this being said many times before and, apart from the South Walian, it's quite true. When I worked in Manchester it was a brilliant way to get people invested in a conversation or make them feel a bit more comfortable. Obviously, body language does most of that work but accents help massively. It's just a shame that it's not one the sexier accents tounge.gif

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (jdbug28 @ Sunday, Mar 25 2012, 18:07)

f*ck me mate that depressed me a bit. How about just enjoy a bit of time to yourself, feet up and some loud music, take stock and all that. Appreciate the time to yourself. hard to say tho , our college lives were very different. I dont really get bored either. Cant you sketch, read..learn to play chess, poker?

people cant stress you about finding work though, I feels sorry for some of these youngers from the area, theres f*ck all opportunities for work. Youre lucky to get into a call centre these days. f*ckin dire man.

It because we are so well endowed. even the women. ph34r.gif

jdbug28
  • jdbug28

RP - Simmer

• Members

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

damn i realized i sounded like such a potato confused.gif im looking for work, every day i check job centre website monocle.gif so thats that. i like to go out of course and i do often but its boring on your own you get me. just looking for a purpose smile.gif

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (jdbug28 @ Wednesday, Mar 28 2012, 22:17)
check job centre website

That's yer problem. Try some local agencies and other sources, because JobCentre staff are renowned for being almost as much of a useless waste of blood and oxygen as most of their customers.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Thursday, Mar 29 2012, 05:46)
Start your own company. It's cheaper than a night on the piss, and it means you can tell people you are a director.

This made me laugh so f*cking hard oh wow.

Going for walks is always good, you need to go for a big long one.

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (jdbug28 @ Wednesday, Mar 28 2012, 21:17)
damn i realized i sounded like such a potato confused.gif im looking for work, every day i check job centre website monocle.gif so thats that. i like to go out of course and i do often but its boring on your own you get me. just looking for a purpose smile.gif

nah youre good man, its natural to get bored I suppose. Fair play for even lookin for work. Ive worked since but would I f*ck have looked for work when in college, but then, there was a lot going on. Good luck in the job search.

sivispacem is right as well, not thats there much work obviously, but if you keep in an agencies face, turn up there nosing every day, that would be the best way I could think of at the moment to find work. Ive dealt with them and they will make an effort if youre keen. Makes them money, obviously.

pribncesstaylor
  • pribncesstaylor

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:56 AM Edited by Mark, 29 March 2012 - 07:04 AM.

Bots will be bots.

HydraulicWaRiOr
  • HydraulicWaRiOr

L'oiseau bleu

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:15 AM

Cruise around your town, smoke bud, and listen to Mac Miller. You only live once, enjoy the sunset while you can.

RED_
  • RED_

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE (jdbug28 @ Wednesday, Mar 28 2012, 21:17)

I'm in the exact same position. I'm not using the job centre though, screw them. I'm looking online and going to websites of big companies. BBC, ITV, C4. The whole lot. I don't think I'm good enough for some of the roles they offer but just check their websites and other companies websites in the hope they have something you could do. I applied to a job at the Hilton Hotel in London as well. Plenty of places to look but you're better off actually going to a companies website or going to places like monster which I have just recently signed up too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users