GT 430 Artifacts?

2 replies to this topic
YankeesPwnMets
  • YankeesPwnMets

More Betterer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:36 AM

Why is my nVidia GT 430 popping up artifacts all of the sudden? I have three different OSes installed on my machine now. Windows XP Pro, Windows 7 and Windows 8 Consumer Preview in a triple boot configuration All three use Chrome as their default browser and all three have the latest nVidia driver. However, in Windows 7, while watching Youtube videos I start to get artifacts on the screen sometimes. This only happens in Youtube videos and it only happens in Windows 7. This issue won't appear in games I've tested, including BFBC2, GTA IV and DiRT 3. XP and 8 don't have this artifact issue at all. Flash is updated and browsers are all updated? What in the world is going on? I already tried a clean reinstall of the drivers but the artifacts still pop up.

In one instance, the artifacts just disappeared. I was lucky enough to have MSI Afterburner in the background and it didn't record any temperatures over 35C. Can someone tell me what could be wrong?

Work PC specs:
Inspiron 518
Intel Pentium E2200 @ 2.2 Ghz
GT 430 at stock speeds
4GB RAM
Windows 7 x64
Latest nVidia driver

Fozzy Fozborne
  • Fozzy Fozborne

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:33 AM

Try going to a YouTube video and right-clicking and clicking settings.

Now check/uncheck "enable hardware acceleration" and restart your browser.

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Contributor [Technology] 2012

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

This is going to sound odd but just roll with it.

If the card has an HDMI port and you're not using it, try disabling the HD Audio.
Go to the Device Manager, look under the sound devices.
Right-click the High Definition Audio Controller and select Disable.
You might have to restart to make sure the changes take effect.

I had to do this with my eVGA GTX 560 Ti because of some card issues. I'm interested to know who made your card to see if it's an eVGA thing or a driver thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users