Photo

Back to the Future

37 replies to this topic
thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

I haven't seen a topic about this movie (and the SEARCH function doesn't work), so let's talk about this trilogy!

i'll start with a question: what do you think about the first half of PART II?

for the first time, i saw the first two movies in english (without subs), and while the first movie was simply awesome (better than the italian dub, of course biggrin.gif ), i had some problems with "Part II". the whole first part in the future seems "wrong". I don't know how to explain,i'm not talking about setting or plot (even if sees that description of the future now seems silly at times), but in my ears there's a lot of bad acting. More "over the top" than the first, and sometimes out -of-place (the whole scene in marty's future house, but expecially when marty is fired and the meeting between the two jennifer, they seems soooo "fake")

the movie, for me, is saved by one of the greatest idea ever (going back to the previous movie... my dream is that the second half was a full movie itself), but while in italian the first part wasn't so bad, i can't stand the original. it's my fault, or there is someting "wrong" with the acting?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

There's nothing wrong with the acting. Above all, including sci-fi/adventure, BTTF is a light comedy, where over the top acting is accepted.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:27 AM

I had my Back to the Future t-shirt on yesterday. No lie.

Bad over the top acting? In a silly 80s movie? Unheard of, my dear friend.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here.

• United-States

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:44 AM

What bothers me the most is how much hotter original Jennifer is than replacement Jennifer. Otherwise, best trilogy ever.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:53 AM

Back to the Future is my favourite trilogy of all time. I don't think anything will ever top those films in my opinion, I have watched them since I was a child and will always loce them no matter what.

gtaluva
  • gtaluva

KMG-365

• Members

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:56 AM

I've watched all three of them more times than I can even imagine and everytime I love them more. The storylines are so interesting for an 80's comedy. Makes me wish I could take part in the movies or even that there could have been just one more!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (Xcommunicated @ Friday, Mar 23 2012, 16:44)
What bothers me the most is how much hotter original Jennifer is than replacement Jennifer. Otherwise, best trilogy ever.

I don't know, I've always had a bit of a crush on Elizabeth Shue.

Scarface187
  • Scarface187

Putting out the fire with gasoline.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Saturday, Mar 24 2012, 01:35)

I'll take Elizabeth Shue Jennifer over the original any day.

This trilogy is a trilogy where when I first used to watch them as a kid I liked them but I didn't LOVE them. As I grew up I liked them more and more to the point where I love them and consider them some of my favorites now. Still not the biggest fan of part 3 though...

MrDanceWithLance
  • MrDanceWithLance

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:57 AM

Back to the Future is one of my favourite film series, and is also one for my favourite film trilogies. My favourite film in the series is Part I. Part II was not so good and Part III, although it was better than Part II, it was not as good as Part I.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:08 AM

WO HO HO! LOOK AT IT ROLL!

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:27 AM

Davy Crockett over there still doesn't know what the f*ck a re-run is.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE (Xcommunicated @ Saturday, Mar 24 2012, 02:44)
best trilogy ever.

QFT!

The world has 3 years left to make one of those awesome jackets and a hover board though.

I generally love the trilogy, but I find certain parts of part 2 depressing. I think it's the atmosphere of alternate present when Marty comes back to 1985. First part is still my favorite and definitely in my top 10 movies of all time. I've probably seen the trilogy a 100 times now. It's one of those movies that never get old and boring. Probably because I love the concept of time travel so much. It's fascinating.

Xo4
  • Xo4

The Lunatic is in My Head.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:45 AM

Big Fan of the series, I have 5 different BTTF Delorean on my desk right now. I also pre-ordered the Hoverboard replica Mattel is making.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here.

• United-States

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (Scarface187 @ Friday, Mar 23 2012, 21:15)
QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Saturday, Mar 24 2012, 01:35)

I'll take Elizabeth Shue Jennifer over the original any day.

Watch this and see if you don't change your minds:

I'm not saying Elisabeth Shue isn't attractive because she certainly is, but cast as Jennifer, they totally f*cked up her hair, clothes, everything. They made her look like a fake, plastic, bug-eyed douche whereas Claudia Wells was made to look natural and thus way more attractive.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

Oh, no. I agree. They tried to make her look like the other girl, and failed horribly. It looks like she's wearing a wig.

I'm just saying, I've always had a crush on Elizabeth Shue.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:03 AM

Very, very, very awesome movies. Except the Third one.

In it, it just felt like they threw a dart at a time line and it landed on a western/1880s and they went "okay, lets go there". The first two were interlocked with each other and built around time travel whereas the third one just used the time travel to go to the western period and isn't used again until the very end. I also disliked the whole role reversal with Doc and Marty in this one. Yeah, that was my least favorite one.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Wednesday, Mar 28 2012, 16:03)

In it, it just felt like they threw a dart at a time line and it landed on a western/1880s and they went "okay, lets go there". The first two were interlocked with each other and built around time travel whereas the third one just used the time travel to go to the western period and isn't used again until the very end. I also disliked the whole role reversal with Doc and Marty in this one. Yeah, that was my least favorite one.

I disagree Ray. They were subtle clues pointing towards the West in the first two films. From the destination input glitching and briefly showing 1885 and even Doc's wish to visit the West.

Anyway Back To The Future is possibly my favourite trilogy ever. The movies have aged as good as a fine wine IMO.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:30 AM

My favourite movie trilogy ever.. i still it watch at least twice a month, i never get bored of it

sonnyBlack
  • sonnyBlack

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:39 AM

AceRay, you are not thinking fourth dimensionally! If you've had paid closer attention to the previous films you'd have noticed the subtle clues Miami pointed out to you that lead to the old west setting.

But for ages Part III has been my all time favorite of the trilogy, because much like Doc, I had an interest in the old west as well. But lately I've been favoring Part II a little more, I guess I just watched Part III so much that I needed a change in scenery or something. I'll always love this trilogy though.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:03 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Saturday, Mar 31 2012, 14:26)
QUOTE (AceRay @ Wednesday, Mar 28 2012, 16:03)

I disagree Ray. They were subtle clues pointing towards the West in the first two films. From the destination input glitching and briefly showing 1885 and even Doc's wish to visit the West.

Anyway Back To The Future is possibly my favourite trilogy ever. The movies have aged as good as a fine wine IMO.

They were in Part II because they were being made at the same time, released in 89 and 90 respectively. What I'm saying is the first two fit in with each other while the third one wasn't related, mostly.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Tuesday, Mar 27 2012, 21:03)

So what you're proposing is that they should have went back to the first movie again in the third movie? It's connected, not through directly dipping into the first movie, but by recalling previous moment, in a different way. Such as Marty returning to Hill Valley, but finding it in a different time. When he walks down the street soaking in the past. When he goes into the Saloon, the same way he went into the diner, and has a confrontation with a Tannen. The car chase in the first movie, the hoverboard chase in the second, and the horse chase in the third. There are definite themes going on that connect all three movies, which I could rattle on about for hours.

As for the third not being built around time travel? It has just as much time traveling in it than the first. The first and third movies have a lot more in common than meets the eye at first. It's pretty much a twist on the first movie, set in a different time if you really look at it.

To me the first movie is Marty's movies. The second movie is a buddy movie. The third is Doc's movie, seen through the eyes of Marty.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:54 AM Edited by Slamman, 11 April 2012 - 06:57 AM.

They are all monumental, and I agree with PCguytech about these films, he's also a devoted fan. I've been since the first, but the second is my personal fav, by a notch
The game, not too enthused at the animation level, but getting the actors voiced was a coup/
Problem is the demo I got was on PSN and all my demos freeze, for some damn reason, I can't play it and I am hopping mad!!!

The third film was also filmed in series with the series, if you've ever seen the making of, to disassociate it somehow as just a gimmick is seriously selling it short. Biff is perfect as an outlaw, and the ZZ TOP reference is priceless!!

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

I have been a fan of this film trilogy for many many years...starting from the timeless classic quotes to the fantastic DeLorean time machine. Wish i had a Delorean biggrin.gif . First one is most definetally the best. I mean, that classic scene when the first time travel happens..."When this baby hits 88 miles per hour...you're gonna see some serious sh*t!" biggrin.gif

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

The Delorean is very iconic of course, but aside from the film, seen a good number of those on the road where I live. I like the idea that they wont rust!

The film is not unlike Terminator in how well it handles the reality and sci-fi end of time travel

markusizr
  • markusizr

:D

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

yesterday at night i watched 3rd part of BTTF and i sad then marty tries to start delorean and marty get out from delorean, delorean was destroyed and why creaters make destroy that delorean
and i hope BTTF 4 will be or not

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

How about learning some english, because I didn't understand sh*t from your post.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

I think, what markusizr is trying to say is, that he was sad when the Delorean was destroyed by a train. Not sure if he does or does not want to see a BTTF 4.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

Obviously loved by GTA fans as they made a Mod for it before GTA IV!

Ronnyboy
  • Ronnyboy

Blind leading the deaf, leading the socially inept.

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Saturday, Mar 31 2012, 00:51)
QUOTE (AceRay @ Tuesday, Mar 27 2012, 21:03)

So what you're proposing is that they should have went back to the first movie again in the third movie? It's connected, not through directly dipping into the first movie, but by recalling previous moment, in a different way. Such as Marty returning to Hill Valley, but finding it in a different time. When he walks down the street soaking in the past. When he goes into the Saloon, the same way he went into the diner, and has a confrontation with a Tannen. The car chase in the first movie, the hoverboard chase in the second, and the horse chase in the third. There are definite themes going on that connect all three movies, which I could rattle on about for hours.

As for the third not being built around time travel? It has just as much time traveling in it than the first. The first and third movies have a lot more in common than meets the eye at first. It's pretty much a twist on the first movie, set in a different time if you really look at it.

To me the first movie is Marty's movies. The second movie is a buddy movie. The third is Doc's movie, seen through the eyes of Marty.

So they are all Marty's movies? tounge.gif

But the problem of the series is that they really are all the same, or maybe that's just the magic of it. All the Hill Valley's that are seen, are all at pivotal moments in history. Pivotal moments that connect the McFly's, Tannens, and some of the Browns. What's great is that in each movie, you can see where the connection is made. Doc says he can't wear synthetics, thats why his clothes are more "normal" looking in 2015. Doc dreams of the old West half way through the second movie, and wants to discover women. A cheap throw in? Yes, but it makes more sense for the third movie to push it's story through.

What really gets me is the connection of Marty's music career, and the whole chicken thing. In the original movie, Marty usually runs from all his problems. He runs from school, he runs from 50's Biff. Yet in Pt. 2, he runs away only to be stopped by the word "Chicken". This aggresiveness was never seen and really throws me off, but I still see where the confidence could have grown out of the first movie. But the music career is never mentioned, and is only briefly show in 2015 as sh*t. It's never brought up in Alternate 1985, or in 1885. It's a shame really.

And yes, I still play the old VC mod...

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:26 AM

That's the point in time travel, is it not!?? haha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users