» «
Photo

Clothing in GTA V

48 replies to this topic
Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

I think everything in SA should come back. Even the funny outfits were part of GTA, if anything Saints row copied that from GTA because in VC we already had some funny clothing like the end of game shirt.

spike88
  • spike88

Big Boss

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

I think every piece of clothing you see on NPC's(except for story characters, female clothing, and Uniforms) should be available in the stores from the start.

There should also be the occasional hilarious outfit, such as this:
user posted image

I've been inside one, was not fun. But it would be hilarious to run around causing mayhem in it.

Kjax39
  • Kjax39

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

I hope there's a HUGE selection so I can reflect a lot of my personality & authenticity by being fly to death....just looking like a straight baller

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

For Ned Luke

All the costumes Neil wears in heat

Including the iconic Grey suit.

user posted image

I can also see him wearing something similar to Coach from L4D as in a polo shirt and khaki chinos

For the hispanic guy

I can see tank tops, hoodies, combat trousers, maybe a few flannel shirts, a large range of trainers, white plain tees and loads of jeans.

As for multiplayer

I can see them mixing suits with street clothes maybe starting off with just tank tops and hoodies at lower levels until gradually leading up to suits. I would lmao if max rank gave you a suit made entirely of 5 dollar bills.

Wannabe in LS
  • Wannabe in LS

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

If the protagonist does indeed lose his money and has to go back to Binco, I hope there's a decent choice. Granted he's poor, but I doubt he'd want to look like a total tramp.

I think sports team jerseys would be pretty essential, and suits, leisure wear, sensible accsessories. I hope they keep previous brands anyhow.

whittle13
  • whittle13

I'm not a mod

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

they should make a parody skate brand called Superb where everything is cool but way overpriced.

xNewtype Acex
  • xNewtype Acex

Buckle Up, Homestuck

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE (whittle13 @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 04:07)
they should make a parody skate brand called Superb where everything is cool but way overpriced.

Nice!

How about Bethoven as a rap group (Parodying Odd Future) tounge.gif

whittle13
  • whittle13

I'm not a mod

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE (xNewtype Acex @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 08:12)
QUOTE (whittle13 @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 04:07)

Nice!

How about Bethoven as a rap group (Parodying Odd Future) tounge.gif

yeah, i wouldn't be surprised if they did do something like that, i mean Odd Future are really big at the moment and there all from LA

interpolfan11
  • interpolfan11

Lions 7-8 NG

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (whittle13 @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 00:07)

Hahahaha biggrin.gif

whittle13
  • whittle13

I'm not a mod

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

apposed to Supreme

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Olympics
  • Contribution Award [Gaming]
    Best Bae 2015

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

I hope there's more clothing options this time around compared to IV. I don't remember half the stuff in SA so really, anything in between will do me just fine I think. I wouldn't mind a couple of funny outfits though would bring a difference pace to the game that was optional.

GTA JEM
  • GTA JEM

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

I've always felt when playing GTA or Saints Row ( don't shoot!! tounge.gif ) that I like the main character to be wearing something that I would wear, sort of reflecting my own personality. I like to sink into the main character whether that be Niko, CJ or Tommy, so I hope their is a vast variety of clothing stores, whether that be tank tops and baggy jeans or a top of the range $1000 suit! (not that I wear $1000 suits haha!) Nothing too over the top, obviously rockstar want to keep the realism so I personally can't see them bringing in Saints Row types of clothing such as space suits! If I'm chilling in the 'hood' I want to be reflecting that type of lifestyle with my clothing, or strolling through a rich part of town, I definitely want to be looking the part! biggrin.gif

whittle13
  • whittle13

I'm not a mod

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (GTA JEM @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 11:59)
I've always felt when playing GTA or Saints Row ( don't shoot!! tounge.gif ) that I like the main character to be wearing something that I would wear, sort of reflecting my own personality. I like to sink into the main character whether that be Niko, CJ or Tommy, so I hope their is a vast variety of clothing stores,

I a agree with this.
Giving us a good selection of clothes will allow the player to dress the protagonist in a way that reflects the players dress style. this creates a sort of connection between the player and protagonist

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

I hope they develop the way the protagonist changes clothing. In SA it was a chore and was improved upon in IV. But it could be even quicker. Imagine if we were able to cycle through our clothing in the same way we can cycle through weapons when we buy them from Armando/Little Jacob/Terry?

For instance:

I think this would accessing clothing much easier and quicker.

In fact, you could even have a character bring and sell you clothing in this way.

jesusismyairbag
  • jesusismyairbag

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:17 PM

probably the bear essential like GTA IV. im not getting hyped about it. something i wouldnt mind, is unlocking [not all] but certain costume ala red dead redemption.

Carmelo
  • Carmelo

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

Hopefully theres a layers system.

Graven
  • Graven

Boss

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

Army Surplus Thank You.

Zip87
  • Zip87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:01 PM Edited by Zip87, 12 April 2012 - 04:08 PM.

Slight off topic, but probably the closest thread: I really like how in Deadly Premonition as days pass, York's facial hair is growing and you can shave or just leave it. Would be awesome if there was something similar in V, but you could grow a massive lumberjack beard, or long hair and even shave your head completely.

Other than that, I'd like some chinos and shirts, t-shirt. All plain, no stripes and decals and all that. Vans classic-like shoes, they're the good balance between classy and casual... I don't mind anything though, as long as it fits well and is classy. The suit Max Payne wears in the office building in the MP3 trailer is really good too. I liked the balaclava in IV, wouldn't mind if it was an inventory item, like the bandana in RDR.
I hated how even the Modo clothes looked horrible on Niko. Those baggy ass acid wash jeans. And what was that about with the christmas sweaters...
The Claude outfit was probably the one I wore the most, except not with the cargo pants, but the slim black Perseus one and the balaclava.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

If Didier Sachs makes a return. They made my day :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users