Photo

The Little Details...

21 replies to this topic
bluesboyjr
  • bluesboyjr

Founder of the Zee Memorial Foundation

• Members

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

So, I've been playing GTA IV and its Episodes for a couple of years now. I was playing TBoGT yesterday, and I saw a taxi driver throw a Coke can out of his car window. The thing that amazed me was that in all of hundreds of hours I've put into the games, I swear that's the first time I saw that happen. I'm sure it has happened plenty of times, but it's such a tiny detail that I only noticed it when he chucked it out when driving right in front of Luis.

Also recently, I decided that I'd start playing my Xbox games using headphones instead of just playing the sound through the TV to see if I can get more drawn into the game, and let me tell you, it works. You can hear all the far-off generators and car alarms coming from different directions, and all the traffic sounds really make you feel like you're standing in Niko's spot. And this lead to another discovery - not only can you hear the radios of passing cars (I already knew that), but you can hear several at once. I always thought that the game could only load one station at a time, but there I was, on some street in Alderney where I'd scared a dozen or so drivers out of their cars with a gun, and from their abandoned cars I could hear some talk radio, the Radio Broker DJ and some Fusion FM, all coming into my head from different directions at the same time. Well, I thought it was pretty cool.

So yeah, this thread is to ask you guys what tiny little details have amazed you by how small and unnoticeable they are. Things that, when you do notice them, make you go "wow, I need to pay closer attention", things that make you praise Rockstar for their eagle-eye for detail.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Is the sky f*cking blue?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:53 PM

1 thing I've noticed a couple of times is that you can hear the radio from another player's car(online) while spectating (Race)

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Friday, Mar 23 2012, 14:53)
1 thing I've noticed a couple of times is that you can hear the radio from another player's car(online) while spectating (Race)

Hmm... but is it what the player is actually listening to?

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

Time flies when you throw a clock.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:45 AM

I love discovering tiny little details in the game like those that have already been mentioned.

One tiny little detail in the game that I love I just found a few months back.

Me and a friend were playing some missions on TBOGT and we chose to replay Dropping In. I remember that in the game Luis had just jumped down the elevator shaft and my friend was struggling to shoot some of the targets who were taking cover behind corners. What he then did to flush the targets out was shoot the pipes above their heads which caused steam to shoot out and caused the targets to fall onto the floor screaming, as if they had been scalded. I loved this detail. biggrin.gif

StonersDarkness
  • StonersDarkness

The Highway Reapers MC Vice President

• Members

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:43 AM

there are tons of small details to this game... like how enemies offline seem to take cover but most the time you can shoot them out of it, lol.

also, i do like how real the car handling has become, even though in the rain it is sometimes impossible to drive.

Hove Beach
  • Hove Beach

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:21 AM

I like the fact that when drivin with LJ in the car smoke comes out of the window if u have a broken window.

StonersDarkness
  • StonersDarkness

• Members

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (Hove Beach @ Saturday, Mar 24 2012, 09:21)
I like the fact that when drivin with LJ in the car smoke comes out of the window if u have a broken window.

sadly even though i knew this, i make sure none of my windows are broken... gotta get a good CLAM BAKE GOING!!!!! alien.gif

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Is the sky f*cking blue?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Saturday, Mar 24 2012, 01:33)
QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Friday, Mar 23 2012, 14:53)

Hmm... but is it what the player is actually listening to?

I remember hearing it when my opponent was driving a Sultan RS, usually Electro Choc.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:15 PM

The cockpit light when you open a car door
And the door open chime.

I've heard that a postman visits the postboxes and collects the mail. I seen a screenshot it yet to witness it.

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

Time flies when you throw a clock.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Saturday, Mar 24 2012, 19:15)
I've heard that a postman visits the postboxes and collects the mail. I seen a screenshot it yet to witness it.

That's another little detail I love: mailmen, cable repair guys, construction workers, LSD cleaners, all of those people that do small jobs around L.C that make the city seem even more lifelike.

Hove Beach
  • Hove Beach

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (StonersDarkness @ Saturday, Mar 24 2012, 17:04)
QUOTE (Hove Beach @ Saturday, Mar 24 2012, 09:21)

sadly even though i knew this, i make sure none of my windows are broken... gotta get a good CLAM BAKE GOING!!!!! alien.gif

yea I usally I dont either since LJ requests "to keep the ganja in da car" but I just like the fact that R thought of that, tiny tiny details u know.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Saturday, Mar 24 2012, 19:15)
And the door open chime.

Is this the dingdingding sound you here when opening car doors, because if so I never heard that on four?!?! notify.gif

But i play IV on PS3 so that may be why? confused.gif

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:48 AM

I like how car brakes squeal on some cars. GTA IV is full of tiny details most people would probably over look. One of the reasons I love the game so much.

StonersDarkness
  • StonersDarkness

• Members

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

here is something some people might not have noticed too... there are 2 ways to get out of vehicle

with any vehicle you can either just press triangle/Y button you jump out of the car with it still running, but if you HOLD that button, the car gets put in park, shuts off and you exit.

anouther nice little detail icon14.gif

Hove Beach
  • Hove Beach

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE (StonersDarkness @ Wednesday, Mar 28 2012, 17:05)
here is something some people might not have noticed too... there are 2 ways to get out of vehicle

with any vehicle you can either just press triangle/Y button you jump out of the car with it still running, but if you HOLD that button, the car gets put in park, shuts off and you exit.

anouther nice little detail icon14.gif

so basically you can drive in 100 mph and then press and hold the Y button and the car will slow down til Niko can safely exit the car?

Btw ypu can also pick up your phone and press camera will driving then you'll stop immidiately. Right on the spot

Mr.Moffat
  • Mr.Moffat

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

I love how when your indoors during a shootout the room will get filled with smoke

Also the way guns discharge randomly when dropped, what i really love about this is that that dischaged round will cause damage to whatever it hits makes weapons feel real and dangerous

zackryderwoo
  • zackryderwoo

Why did I move here? I guess it was your mother.

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

Started a new GTA 4 game today, and strangly for the first time ever, a random ped hailed a cab and got in and they drove off.
A few minutes later I was walking from Niko apartment to Romans cab depot and a random ped picked up the phone and you could hear the person he was talking to.
I also think its cool that if you hold triangle while getting out of your car, Niko will turn the car off completely.
I also bought a sun glasses from the russian shop, and a minute later and car knocked Niko off his feet and the glasses fell off tounge.gif

StonersDarkness
  • StonersDarkness

• Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (zackryderwoo @ Thursday, Mar 29 2012, 19:50)
Started a new GTA 4 game today, and strangly for the first time ever, a random ped hailed a cab and got in and they drove off.
A few minutes later I was walking from Niko apartment to Romans cab depot and a random ped picked up the phone and you could hear the person he was talking to.
I also think its cool that if you hold triangle while getting out of your car, Niko will turn the car off completely.
I also bought a sun glasses from the russian shop, and a minute later and car knocked Niko off his feet and the glasses fell off tounge.gif

^^^ i know, i had a hat on and walked right out of the store and tried to cross the street and got struck by a car, sadly i lost the hat... lol

@Hove Beach, ok man, if your at a COMPLETE STOP... you can shut the car off/jump out with it still running... srry for the poor editing...

ON TOPIC: i like how if we were to run over flames in a vehicle your tires would catch fire and burst... there is just something about being TLAD with my tires on fire that seems AWESOME... LOL

Hove Beach
  • Hove Beach

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (StonersDarkness @ Thursday, Mar 29 2012, 20:11)
QUOTE (zackryderwoo @ Thursday, Mar 29 2012, 19:50)

^^^ i know, i had a hat on and walked right out of the store and tried to cross the street and got struck by a car, sadly i lost the hat... lol

@Hove Beach, ok man, if your at a COMPLETE STOP... you can shut the car off/jump out with it still running... srry for the poor editing...

ON TOPIC: i like how if we were to run over flames in a vehicle your tires would catch fire and burst... there is just something about being TLAD with my tires on fire that seems AWESOME... LOL

Yea thats what I thought, but I tried doin it at high speed... didnt work tounge.gif

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

A few days ago I noticed how much the GTA IV map has in common with the actual new york. Then I looked at some comparison shots. God damn. They really worked to get it as accurate as possible. I would actually like to see what liberty state is like one day, along with what new jersey would look like from the rockstar perspective.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 15:25)
A few days ago I noticed how much the GTA IV map has in common with the actual new york. Then I looked at some comparison shots. God damn. They really worked to get it as accurate as possible. I would actually like to see what liberty state is like one day, along with what new jersey would look like from the rockstar perspective.

It's brilliant three-dimensional editing. It's astonishing to think that the GTA IV map only has 1% of the land area of the real New York City.

MrDanceWithLance
  • MrDanceWithLance

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:11 AM

A small detail that I noticed is that the Sabre GT says "Sabre Turbo" in small lettering at the bottom stripes of the car.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users