What should I do to fix this?

9 replies to this topic
TimmyM56
  • TimmyM56

January 27th can't come soon enough.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

I am thinking about buying GTA IV on Steam for just single player mods and stuff like that. But, I go on Can You Run It and it said this (I will post a screenshot of it after the post). Is the problem they are mentioning a big problem where GTA won't be playable or will the game lag just a little bit. Also, it GTA IV easily mod-able with Steam? Thanks!

user posted image

GhostRiderPT
  • GhostRiderPT

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:25 PM

forget about running GTA IV on that piece of crap. It won't be playable, not even with a custom very low config.

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Members
  • Poland
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

Intel HD IGP won't run the game smoothly, not even on low settings.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:17 AM

they are right. you will have to run everything set to minimum, turn off all details, shadows. but like i said above, good luck.

TimmyM56
  • TimmyM56

January 27th can't come soon enough.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:55 AM

So, is it worth getting the game, or should I just no even bother? I just wish I could install mods and have fun. Whats a predicted FPS on the lowest setting with some car mods and no traffic and driving around?

YankeesPwnMets
  • YankeesPwnMets

More Betterer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

A. The game isn't worth it till you get a better computer.
B. You'd be lucky to get up to 10FPS at all low settings. 2-5FPS is probably all you are gonna get.

SNAKE DOC
  • SNAKE DOC

\o/

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:12 AM

IMO it's worth a try if you can get the game for $5 or less (Steam-sales etc.). monocle.gif

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

exactly, who knows really what your performance will be? GTA IV depends on more than just system specs. install it and post your settings and we will see if you can tweak anything for better performance... although you talking about installing game modifications and mess really means you should just build yourself a desktop computer to play the game... i have an amd llano system and i think its the best thing since sliced bread... $250 goes a long way, right now anyway (the president of micron says he is going to raise ram prices soon).

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:48 AM

If the game starts at all, it will run like a pile of moist cow droppings. It's probably better to look at some other games.

CJPNE
  • CJPNE

Trick

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

My computer results were similar, failed on the video card, but I was quite a way over the minimum. It runs okay, definitely playable, but you can really tell that the video card is lacking. I wouldn't bother if I was you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users