Photo

GTA V: Zombie Mode?

314 replies to this topic
RomansMoobs
  • RomansMoobs

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:00 PM

So you're all saying you wouldn't want an open world 3rd person shooter, with vehicles, explosives and more?

It would be like Undead Nightmare but way better. Undead Nightmare was an awesome DLC, and if they further improve upon it in a GTA DLC, how can you say no?

All of you saying "GO PLAY BLACK OPS HURRRR DURRRR f*ckING POTATO IQ", you're all aware that COD sucks ass, right?, and that I would rather have GTA mixed with zombies than COD with linear levels and linear death animations, from a basic FPS. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING. GTA would at least make the zombies exciting.

Stewpot
  • Stewpot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

If done correctly it could be great.. besides it would be an "option" and not forced.. If they make the zombies more like mad creatures than slow walking mummy's it would work well.. Dont make it comical like saints row.. Get Call of Duty style aggressive zombie's and give a feel of survival.

The-San-Andreas-man
  • The-San-Andreas-man

Certified Furry!

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

It would be cool if it was realistic. Like, in the city, there would be nobody, just tons of zombies on every street. Going there would be suicide, but it has the most resources like food and guns shops. Going there, you could make a shelter in a store or mall or something, barricade the walls and all that, zombies constantly trying to get you, oh man that'd be awesome.

And you could get hungry, cars could run on gas and all that, and in the countryside there would be less zombies, but more insane people with guns. And you could make a base there and upgrade it with watch towers with snipers and all that, and send people out to find more survivors and resources.

All though that would be too much to ask, I think it would be easier than a RDR styled DLC where it's a story, this would take a lot less time and I think would be more fun.

JerraGTAF
  • JerraGTAF

Cake.

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

Zombies..... lol.

zakace
  • zakace

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

People who are saying go buy other zombie games like Dead Rising dont understand, A map with the scale of GTA that is also free roam with zombies would be fantastic, other zombie games like Dead Rising are terrible... Would love to be able to go into online free roam with other friends and have to survive zombies. Would make for a great survival game!

M0B5TA
  • M0B5TA

#swag yolo lolz

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Thursday, Mar 22 2012, 22:02)
wow dude if you want zombies,go and buy black ops

this is GTA 5 not cod or saints row suicidal.gif

cod and saints row isnt about zombies. it only made the game more fun so whats your point? if you dont like it you dont have to play it if they did add zombies to GTA V. RDR had zombies so why would it be a problem for R*?

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:57 PM

It needs to be done correctly, if done right it could be one of the best if not the DLC ever made.

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

No. I rather have 'Episodes from Los Santos' or something of that kind. Keep V real.

TheKryptonite
  • TheKryptonite

The World is Yours

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

If so, it'd probably be a seperate game ala Undead Nightmare.

JerraGTAF
  • JerraGTAF

Cake.

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (Frantz Fuchs @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 20:00)
No. I rather have 'Episodes from Los Santos' or something of that kind. Keep V real.

More of this please! icon14.gif

GTAspotter
  • GTAspotter

Middle Park East/Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

It would be nice as a mode online, but I don't want a whole DLC dedicated to it because, as much fun as I would find that it would make rockstar look lazy and tacky and i'm sure they will be able to think of something a lot more entertaining

cityspud
  • cityspud

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

What is it with you people and zombies... were you raised by zombies or something?

rather play war z when it comes out wink.gif

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Go eat your mom's ass

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (zakace @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 18:23)
Dead Rising terrible...

The game was awesome, back when my XBOX was alive.

ImPantsAtThis
  • ImPantsAtThis

Maybe I won't be dead by 35!

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 20:54)
QUOTE (zakace @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 18:23)
Dead Rising terrible...

The game was awesome, back when my XBOX was alive.

icon14.gif

MagzGTA
  • MagzGTA

The 1975-Tones

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:00 PM

Getting really tired of zombie sh*t. It's so over rated.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (ArienMC @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 15:49)
For all the people saying "Zombies are overdone, in every game, are getting old, etc.", Uh no. Do you know what's being over done? FPS's like CoD. Zombies are fun. What is your issue with zombies being in this game? IF they added a cheat in GTA V that turned peds into zombies, that would be the best zombie game of all times. Think about it. You could drive around mowing zombies down with your car, mow them down with guns, melee weapons, etc. And the best part have no cops come after you. With the amount of things you can do in a GTA game, adding zombies on top of that would add endless hours of fun to it for me, and A LOT of people. It would not affect anyone if there was a zombie cheat or DLC. If you don't like zombies, don't use it/ download it. I could understand if they made the main GTA game have zombies, then yeah I could see how people could be upset. But they're not doing that. If they decide to add zombies in the ways I said it would be AMAZING.

Exactly this.

Name one zombie game where you have a giant open, detailed world like in GTA, with a wide range of vehicles and weapons, that takes place in a modern setting, and with good third-person gameplay.

There has never been zombie game that would be like a GTA Zombie DLC except Red Dead Redemption, but that took place way back in 1911 - and itstill wouldn't be the same compared to a GTA Zombie DLC.

stevechilds
  • stevechilds

Fashion conscience

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:07 PM

Zombies theme needs to die out.
Why not dinosaurs,robot droids,ninjas etc

azali10
  • azali10

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:11 PM Edited by azali10, 29 August 2012 - 10:14 PM.

QUOTE (M0B5TA @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 18:49)
QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Thursday, Mar 22 2012, 22:02)
wow dude if you want zombies,go and buy black ops

this is GTA 5 not cod or saints row suicidal.gif

cod and saints row isnt about zombies. it only made the game more fun so whats your point? if you dont like it you dont have to play it if they did add zombies to GTA V. RDR had zombies so why would it be a problem for R*?

I swear to God if I hear, "This is GTA not (Sains Row/COD/Dead Rising/etc)." one more time I'm going to sneaky2.gif suicidal.gif

stevechilds
  • stevechilds

Fashion conscience

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

This is gta.The franchise doesn't need any corny zombie dlc
biggrin.gif

bowling...?
  • bowling...?

Turkey

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

Zombies in a giant city would be cool. As long as they don't f*cking respawn after I killed them just because I turned the camera.

Thom Yorke
  • Thom Yorke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (stevechilds @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 22:07)
Zombies theme needs to die out.
Why not dinosaurs,robot droids,ninjas etc

and vampires

cityspud
  • cityspud

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 21:29)
For all the people saying "Zombies are overdone, in every game, are getting old, etc.", Uh no. Do you know what's being over done? FPS's like CoD. Zombies are fun. What is your issue with zombies being in this game? IF they added a cheat in GTA V that turned peds into zombies, that would be the best zombie game of all times. Think about it. You could drive around mowing zombies down with your car, mow them down with guns, melee weapons, etc. And the best part have no cops come after you. With the amount of things you can do in a GTA game, adding zombies on top of that would add endless hours of fun to it for me, and A LOT of people. It would not affect anyone if there was a zombie cheat or DLC. If you don't like zombies, don't use it/ download it. I could understand if they made the main GTA game have zombies, then yeah I could see how people could be upset. But they're not doing that. If they decide to add zombies in the ways I said it would be AMAZING.

Exactly this.

Name one zombie game where you have a giant open, detailed world like in GTA, with a wide range of vehicles and weapons, that takes place in a modern setting, and with good third-person gameplay.

There has never been zombie game that would be like a GTA Zombie DLC except Red Dead Redemption, but that took place way back in 1911 - and itstill wouldn't be the same compared to a GTA Zombie DLC.

Like i said.... there's a game coming out in a couple of months called "War Z" which is all the things you just stated and more. Because this is a dedicated Zombie survival game... A GTA DLC wouldn't really compete.. especially if they come out around the same time. Sometime before the year ends.

BIGANT-182
  • BIGANT-182

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (zombiecurtis @ Thursday, Mar 22 2012, 21:31)
anyone like a zombie or 2 without mods

Just Wait Fo "State OF Decay"
Im pretty sure you'll like it!
If you havent heard of it heres
the Trailer for you!

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (cityspud @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 23:03)

Exactly this.

Like i said.... there's a game coming out in a couple of months called "War Z" which is all the things you just stated and more. Because this is a dedicated Zombie survival game... A GTA DLC wouldn't really compete.. especially if they come out around the same time. Sometime before the year ends.

I'm sorry but this is an awful excuse I see get tossed around in these kinds of topics.

You might as well say "Go play COD if you want this gun blah blah blah" or "Go play Resident Evil if you want multiple protagonists" or my favorite - "Go play Mafia II if you want realistic crime"

Might as well divide GTA up into a bunch of smaller DLCS that you have to buy to make one full game. The gameplay, controls and atmosphere wouldn't be the same, especially the way the whole game/DLC would be handled. Rockstar would do it differently than any other developers.

On top of that, all these zombies games you guys suggest to other people are only on the PC. Which is sad, considering a large part of the fanbase plays on consoles.

cityspud
  • cityspud

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 00:49)
QUOTE (cityspud @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 23:03)

Exactly this.

I'm sorry but this is an awful excuse I see get tossed around in these kinds of topics.

You might as well say "Go play COD if you want this gun blah blah blah" or "Go play Resident Evil if you want multiple protagonists" or my favorite - "Go play Mafia II if you want realistic crime"

Might as well divide GTA up into a bunch of smaller DLCS that you have to buy to make one full game. The gameplay, controls and atmosphere wouldn't be the same, especially the way the whole game/DLC would be handled. Rockstar would do it differently than any other developers.

On top of that, all these zombies games you guys suggest to other people are only on the PC. Which is sad, considering a large part of the fanbase plays on consoles.

Apology accepted wink.gif

I was just stating that if i wanted to play a zombie game.. it would be more logical to me to pay for a game that was a zombie game and not a fun after thought for a totally different game. Just like i didn't bother with RDR Zombies. But that's just my opinion... they don't have to do what i say lol

And i think it's like World of warcraft, it would be quite hard to put on consoles. But i would like it on a console rather than a PC.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:58 AM Edited by wwinterj, 30 August 2012 - 02:01 AM.

No Zombies period! They are been overdone in games. Can't really include a genre in that statement such as FPS. :3

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:27 AM

I'd like either a big Zombie DLC with a well paced well written serious story...or just a Rockstar Zombie game.

Zombies deal with a very basic human fear, which is essentially man giving into animal urges. Zombies are basically a bunch of Ids, only without the sexing.

I'd like it if they took the "Walking Dead" approach (and pretty much the DayZ approach) and made living humans more dangerous to you than the undead ones.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:27 AM

Do you know what's being over done?

To your main point: EVERYTHING is being overdone. There are so few new good ideas and so many game publishers. The game business goes through cycles partly because of stale ideas.

GTA stands above, because it has so many elements of gameplay and entertainment, and it is so rich and well done. But that kind of game takes a ton of work, as we know. Only RDR is on par with GTA.

I can appreciate why people want to put zombies in GTAV, because they want to play a zombine game, and what better, bigger, richer, more familiar environment could you pick, than GTA? Makes good sense.

But I don't like zombies and if anything, I would rather see zombies as a game mod than have Rockstar displace other DLC efforts in order to make a zombie story. Maybe Rockstar could license somebody to write the "Omega Man" / "I am Legend" story for Los Santos and the countryside. Seriously.

Since you resurrected this zombie thread, now I have to spew a couple of relevant jokes:

1. Another zombie thread? Geez, I thought somebody shot this thing in the head and put it down for good, but now the damn thing is walking around again. Hand me that flamethrower.... colgate.gif

2. Zombie DLC? I thought that's what multiplayer is... tounge2.gif

surfcore
  • surfcore

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

What the deal with zombies? If you dont want to play with zombies dont play with the zombies. Why try and ruin it for everyone else who would want them?

If there was a gta v with out cars would you play it? Probably not, so... dont play that version... having zombies will just add a bit more to the game if you get bored/ want a break from the norm.

Is it really a big deal? Nope... nough said.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (surfcore @ Tuesday, Nov 27 2012, 02:18)
What the deal with zombies? If you dont want to play with zombies dont play with the zombies. Why try and ruin it for everyone else who would want them?

If there was a gta v with out cars would you play it? Probably not, so... dont play that version... having zombies will just add a bit more to the game if you get bored/ want a break from the norm.

Is it really a big deal? Nope... nough said.

Why force zombies on people who don't want them. Clearly half the people on this forum doesn't want it. Rockstar could have better DLC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users