GTAV Multiplayer News

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
195 replies to this topic
CorneliusCoffin
  • CorneliusCoffin

The Cof

• Members

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (skillz7855 @ Thursday, Mar 22 2012, 17:31)
QUOTE (CorneliusCoffin @ Thursday, Mar 22 2012, 17:12)
Seriously, am I the only one who is outraged by this?

Basically what they are saying is I need to buy Max Payne 3 if I want to have an unfair advantage in GTA V Multiplayer, isn't it?
Really R*?
Why don't you let me carry over the alliance I've built in Mass Effect 3 or my FIFA Ultimate Team or my dogs and cats from Farmville? How is carrying over your crew from another game a good thing?

You know there talking about there games not other games.Just wait for more details and stop getting butt hurt.

You should get a sarcasm-translator, Sheldon.
Of course they're talking about their game, that was at the core of my criticism.
It's their game so it's their way of giving us an incentive to buy Max Payne because it suggest that without Max Payne we won't get the full GTA V multiplayer experience. In the end that means more money for them.
And what's worst, it's so very obvious.

DoubledRelic696
  • DoubledRelic696

odĕrint dum metŭant

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

Is there a secret hidden within Houser's GTA V comment? a date maybe?  sigh.gif

please not again... STOP with that sh*t

Punkd
  • Punkd

Bowling Bowling Bowling Parking Parking

• Members

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

mhm i dont know how to decide about this upcoming feature in GTA yet, but its nice to hear !something! new about GTA V...i hope we will get real new information about it soon O.o

abottig
  • abottig

tinyurl.com/2glbsx

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (Ivooomd @ Thursday, Mar 22 2012, 12:55)
It's nothing special that GTAV will have crews. Good news to hear from Houser speaking on GTAV, but the words "a little further" made the previous words "getting closer to..." meaningless.

Altough I like MP3 and I'm looking forward to it. It's now more than ever a yelled secret that they are using GTAV to promote Max Payne 3 with this Crew feature. Not the kind of smart move I expected from Rockstar. Useful but looks like someone in take2 or Rockstar is not fully confident with the game. If Rockstar knows they have done a good game, they should be able to to actually talk about MP3.

How do you promote a "good game" if people haven't played it yet?

Using GTA V to sell MP3 is an excellent marketing strategy. The children who lurk these forums might not be buying it, but for the average fan this is likely to get some attention for MP3.

Even if they could "promote it without suddenly spreading the magic words GTAV" why would they, when saying "GTA V" automatically gets 1000x more attention for MP3?

CorneliusCoffin
  • CorneliusCoffin

The Cof

• Members

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (Punkd @ Thursday, Mar 22 2012, 17:40)
mhm i dont know how to decide about this upcoming feature in GTA yet, but its nice to hear !something! new about GTA V...i hope we will get real new information about it soon O.o

So basically, if they were to cancel GTA V completely and would announce it today you'd go: colgate.gif , it's something new about GTA V.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

🇯🇲 🇬🇭 🇯🇲

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Most Valuable Player 2014
    Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (CorneliusCoffin @ Thursday, Mar 22 2012, 18:12)
Basically what they are saying is I need to buy Max Payne 3 if I want to have an unfair advantage in GTA V Multiplayer, isn't it?

I'm pretty sure we'll be able to form crews via social club, but we'll see.

abottig
  • abottig

tinyurl.com/2glbsx

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (docrikowski @ Thursday, Mar 22 2012, 13:31)
QUOTE (Hurrikane @ Thursday, Mar 22 2012, 17:10)
GTA is not a MP game they just dont get it buy sleepingdogs instead this summer

Maybe you are not getting it.
Since IV came out GTA became also a MP game. I'd say that IV was already 50/50 (if not 40/60).
A lot of the people I know in GTA MP have never even played SP.
Personally I played it once, finished the story and then all the hours I had put in the game were exclusively in MP.
Same happened with RDR.
Nowadays games without MP do not make sense in the eyes of R*.
In fact their only recent game without it, LA Noire, was quite mediocre overall.
R* will keep making games with both SP and MP. Both strong, both good.
It's good news.

My GF does this.

She prestiged in RDR multiple times, and didn't spend a single second in SP.

I don't blame her, because as good as SP was in RDR, the MP was simply the best I've ever seen in an open world game.

V MP is going to epic.

DoubledRelic696
  • DoubledRelic696

odĕrint dum metŭant

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

It seems "to me" like they want to bring out both games as soon as possible. Well, you will create your Crew at MP3 and will use it later on GTA V. So for me it seems like a good way for a 2012 release.

tejasm
  • tejasm

Mr West is in the building

• Members

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

Im really upset. I bought IV on the PS3 so that I could escape the evils of Social Club and GFWL on PC only to have it brought back to all consoles? That too with the incentive to buy another game?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

What the f*ck are people bitching at now, you guys are pathetic, does this in anyway give players an advantage in GTA V? NO, it just means your "crew" and settings will be cross game transferable so you don't have to waste time setting it up between their games, if anything this sounds like an evolved version of Posse that was used in RDR and as most of us would agree, the Posse system in RDR made Multiplayer a lot quicker and easier to jump between games with friends unlike GTA IV.

DoubledRelic696
  • DoubledRelic696

odĕrint dum metŭant

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

This could be the beginning for a good month with News biggrin.gif

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

Really R*?
Why don't you let me carry over the alliance I've built in Mass Effect 3 or my FIFA Ultimate Team or my dogs and cats from Farmville? How is carrying over your crew from another game a good thing?

me too cryani.gif

seriously rockstar is pissing hardcore gta gamers by their cheap marketing strategy for MP3

grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012
    Topic of the Year 2011 "GTA V Screenshot Fun"

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

Interesting. I'm not sure if I like the Vendetta idea though. I enjoy being stealthy, and I don't want players to know my exact locaqtion. I felt like RDR's Hardcore mode captured multiplayer perfectly.

abottig
  • abottig

tinyurl.com/2glbsx

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Thursday, Mar 22 2012, 14:05)

Really R*?

me too cryani.gif

seriously rockstar is pissing hardcore gta gamers by their cheap marketing strategy for MP3

Correction:

R* is pissing off ignorant, impatient GTA gamers with their brilliant marketing strategy for Max Payne 3.

When MP3 is a smashing success, and GTA V becomes the fastest piece of media to reach $1B in sales, people like you won't even be tuned in. You'll be spending ALL of your time in V MP ruining the experience for everyone else. Thanks.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Fascist, Loofa-faced s**t-gibbon.

• Members
  • Norfolk-Island

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

They got GTA V info and still bitching. Pathetic twats.

GTA is not a MP game they just dont get it buy sleepingdogs instead this summer

Whaddaya mean instead? GTA V out dis summer?

Darkshade12
  • Darkshade12

The Trooper.

• Members

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

Yes, finally a bit of information about V. Even if it's only a little bit. I'm so glad they are having a gang system in multiplayer. I logged so many hours into IV's multiplayer so this is going to be great.

Vormek
  • Vormek

I am not in danger. I AM the danger!

• Members

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

My heart jumped when I saw the front page had been updated. At least we got a small piece of info and it sounds great.

LewisMiller
  • LewisMiller

Luton Tannnnnn

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

I don't care about crews, I just want more stuff to do in freemode.

ThEtRuThSANANDREAS69
  • ThEtRuThSANANDREAS69

7-8 LIONS4LIFE

• Members

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (Florz @ Thursday, Mar 22 2012, 17:40)
Is there a secret hidden within Houser's GTA V comment? a date maybe?  sigh.gif

please not again... STOP with that sh*t

its called sarcasm. nice to see youve been here for a day and a half.

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

SOrry For Off Topic But... : Who Is Deepthroat ? o.O'
On Topic: It's Nice News.. But Remember That R*Z Told: We're Getting Closer To Get New information On GTA V... Wasn't About THat... Will Be Another Thing... Let's Hold On For More On The Upcoming Game From Our Studio Here In Edimburg... Hold On Guys Cheers! ><

CorneliusCoffin
  • CorneliusCoffin

The Cof

• Members

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (abottig @ Thursday, Mar 22 2012, 18:13)
Correction:

R* is pissing off ignorant, impatient GTA gamers with their brilliant marketing strategy for Max Payne 3.

No matter what adjectives you use, in the end it results in R* is pissing off GTA gamers to market MP3.
And I'm not sure that's such a smart move.

However, all this is speculation so far because - as has been said before - we don't know yet what exactly the crews will look like. It just speaks volumes that they need to market MP3 with GTA V.

whittle13
  • whittle13

I'm not a mod

• Members

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

I'm very pleased with this news!

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (CorneliusCoffin @ Thursday, Mar 22 2012, 18:27)
Correction:

No matter what adjectives you use, in the end it results in R* is pissing off GTA gamers to market MP3.

However, all this is speculation so far because - as has been said before - we don't know yet what exactly the crews will look like. It just speaks volumes that they need to market MP3 with GTA V.

Well, in the end, even the people on here that are constantly complaining and what not are going to end up spending $60+ bucks to buy GTA V, so in the end its not that bad of a move. The mission is to get you to buy the game, in which they will succeed in.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (Capricornus @ Thursday, Mar 22 2012, 18:33)
QUOTE (CorneliusCoffin @ Thursday, Mar 22 2012, 18:27)
Correction:

Well, in the end, even the people on here that are constantly complaining and what not are going to end up spending $60+ bucks to buy GTA V, so in the end its not that bad of a move. The mission is to get you to buy the game, in which they will succeed in.

what are you talking about? sarcasm.gif

GTA 5 doesn't need marketing like MP3

people gonna buy GTA 5 irrelevant of marketing techniques like the technology series in MP3

because everyone on this earth is looking forward to gta 5 devil.gif

but i'm sure MP3 is also a good game

abottig
  • abottig

tinyurl.com/2glbsx

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (CorneliusCoffin @ Thursday, Mar 22 2012, 14:27)
Correction:

I know a hand full of people who love GTA. They will be there, in line, when it comes out.

However, what they don't do, is lurk these forums ass-aching about every little detail to do with Max Payne's marketing and how it pertains to GTA V.

I've been doing this for over 10 years now. Why aren't I pissed off? Because in the end, V will be here between 10/12 and 03/13, and it will kick serious ass as always.

MP3 first, GTA V later. For now, just be happy with the tidbits of V info we are getting. And have some f*cking patience. The floodgates will be open soon enough.

Off-topic but related:
Last week on my New England Patriots forum, everyone was bitching after the first day of free agency that the Pats hadn't made a splash. Days later, they made a big splash by signing a new WR, and by totally restocking at other positions of need. Now everyone is happy as pigs in sh*t, and the complainers are nowhere to be found.

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Gang 2013 - D1RTY12
    Best Event 2011 "Turf Wars"

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Thursday, Mar 22 2012, 18:40)
GTA 5 doesn't need marketing like MP3

people gonna buy GTA 5 irrelevant of marketing techniques like the technology series in MP3

because everyone on this earth is looking forward to gta 5 devil.gif

GTA hardcore fans don't need marketing but there's a lot of casual gamers out there that never played/heard of GTA.
All games need marketing. In fact the marketing for IV was quite huge.

DoubledRelic696
  • DoubledRelic696

odĕrint dum metŭant

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

The most crazies theory i have ever heard: They don't give us information on GTA V because they want to make a special marketing strategy with it. They only give less information, and than, kawumm, they give us all information at one point. It probably will come out one month after MP3. Because guys, they finished SP, they work now on mulitplayer and thats it.

Can we be*lie*ve in that ?

mobile
  • mobile

Mobile

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

Really R*?

I don't think that that is the point... IMO they want to make players who like to play 3rd person multiplayer games have more options. You can form a Crew and play Max Payne 3 with your friends as a team and fighting other teams. It won't be just a bunch of unknow people killing each other. The same Teams will be able to play the multiplayer of GTA 5 and other future Rockstar games and the rivalry will jump from one game to the next.

The Crews will play different games but I think that they won't have any advantage when jumping from MP3 to GTA5 or virce versa. Of corse they'll be playing as a team and If you always play with your friends you can develop strategies together and that's the point of it all. You'll have fun with your friends on different games through different game modes.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

this is good news!!! smile.gif

Chillzz01
  • Chillzz01

Prankster

• Members

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

WOW!!! Finally some V info!! Hope to keep seeing more very soon!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users