Photo

Uhh... Can't play TBoGT?

3 replies to this topic
ruger392
  • ruger392

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

Hey there. Just signed up for this 5 minutes ago to ask how to get to use the BoGT content. I just downloaded it from xbox LIVE marketplace and I don't know what to do to get it working.

I tried pressing "New Game" but it just gives me Niko's story.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:06 PM

Make sure you get the game patches as well, it should prompt you to download it if you're connected to live when you start the game. Otherwise I think there's an option to check for updates somewhere in the menus.
You cannot play the DLC expansions with an unpatched GTA IV. (at least not with the original disc)

ruger392
  • ruger392

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:02 AM

So after you download it it prompts you to update? Okay. I may have made an error in downloading it simply because I left it to download while I watched youtube and it may have canceled itself or something. I'll try it again. Thanks for the advice!

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (ruger392 @ Thursday, Mar 22 2012, 01:02)
So after you download it it prompts you to update? Okay. I may have made an error in downloading it simply because I left it to download while I watched youtube and it may have canceled itself or something. I'll try it again. Thanks for the advice!

go to the marketplace and "download again" once you've found the DLC. Let it download - try not to interrupt it, though it shouldn't matter. One the DLC's downloaded, load up GTA (you could load GTA before).
While GTA begins to load, a message should appear asking for an update. Then, when you go to New game, you should get a list :
"Grand Theft Auto IV
The Lost and Damned
The Ballad of Gay Tony"
Select what one you want to play and you should be sorted.

If that doesnt work you could try deleting yor IV update history or clearing the cache and re-doing the updates.

Also, it wouldnt have cancelled itself unless:
your internet cut out or XBL was down
you loaded a game and begun playing online (any EA game will pause downloads on start up).
You've accidently cancelled the download yourself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users