Photo

Manhunt's Carcer City in SanAndreas

102 replies to this topic
Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:00 PM Edited by Frank.s, 29 March 2012 - 04:03 PM.

Ok, i'm gonna delete "FranksTwoLevels.zip" from the DB and replace it with a zip containing my ide + ipl + img file

Could you upload your ide + ipl + img files to DB? I'll check em to see if i can fix it.

I reckon that's actually why it's freezing (it's overplapping the Trainyard)
Nah, imho that wouldn't be the cause, i forgot to move a level once and it overlapped and ran fine.
I still don't get how to position it in Max so it'll be somewhere different ingame though
Like i said before, just open the .max file and move the map objects, then re-export a new ipl. The new ipl will have the new locations of every object stored, innit? I dunno what you don't understand about it. dontgetit.gif

jaky2008
  • jaky2008

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:08 PM Edited by jaky2008, 29 March 2012 - 06:50 PM.

What I mean is how can you ever know that the map isnt going to overlap the other map? they'll more than likely have the same coordinates in max.

Cushty Mushty, the files are uploaded!

And if it helps the game freezes at loadscreen four, or I think it's 4, it's the one for more than 3/4 through the loading bar.

Oh and have you noticed that in Manhunt theres a lot more single objects such as bins and washing mashines whatnot? well they aren't part of the .bsp's.

Alright, after changing the distance in notepad from 300 to 500 the game loads, the only problem is that the collision doesn't work, i've uploaded a picture to DB to show what I mean.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:10 PM Edited by Frank.s, 29 March 2012 - 04:12 PM.

Oh i see. i do it by merging the other .max files and checking if there are any overlaps.

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:05 AM

WOW! That's a mod! I remember old mod called Carcer City but it wasn't real Carcer. Please, convert all peds from manhunt and maybe you will make a new story.

wahgah
  • wahgah

Lost In Postion

• Members

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:14 PM

personally I think the map and objects are the onlything needed, no one needs the peds they look worse, plus any peds in manhunt were killers so maybe make a "REAL" city and use sa peds.

jaky2008
  • jaky2008

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (wahgah @ Saturday, Mar 31 2012, 17:14)
personally I think the map and objects are the onlything needed, no one needs the peds they look worse, plus any peds in manhunt were killers so maybe make a "REAL" city and use sa peds.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't want the WHOLE city to be hunters anyhow.
But I think it would be a good idea to have the CCPD replace the SA police force and add gang turf's (so for example the hoods have control of one area, whereas the wardogs have another.)
It would be nice to replace the vehicles with those of Manhunt's too (or atleast any that aren't trashed colgate.gif )
And the weapons are a must!

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:10 PM Edited by Frank.s, 01 April 2012 - 07:28 PM.

Thanks for the comments guys.

QUOTE (Jack)
Oh and have you noticed that in Manhunt theres a lot more single objects such as bins and washing mashines whatnot? well they aren't part of the .bsp's.
Those are in the dff for the level (i expect, haven't checked).
QUOTE (...)
Alright, after changing the distance in notepad from 300 to 500 the game loads, the only problem is that the collision doesn't work, i've uploaded a picture to DB to show what I mean.
Doing that changes the object to a LOD and stops the collission loading. The fact that the collssion not being loaded ('cos it got changed into an lod) adds to my thought that it's caused by a bugged col. I guess you could find out which individual object(s) are causing it by using the draw-distance-lod method.
QUOTE (Mr Myriad)
Please, convert all peds from manhunt. Would you make a new story?
Once the entire map is done then i'll probably start rigging the hunters + characters. Not sure about doing a whole new mission pack/story though ('cos it would take longer).
QUOTE (wahgah)
Hmm, i'm not sure if it should be a regular city populated by regular people or a manhunt-esque deserted place with hunters ready to kill the player everywhere. What does everyne else think?
QUOTE (Jack)
Oh yeah, I wouldn't want the WHOLE city to be hunters anyhow.
But I think it would be a good idea to have the CCPD replace the SA police force and add gang turf's (so for example the hoods have control of one area, whereas the wardogs have another.)
It would be nice to replace the vehicles with those of Manhunt's too (or atleast any that aren't trashed colgate.gif)
And the weapons are a must!
Ah yeah great idea, it would allow both normal city and manhunt style to be in there. icon14.gif

Btw, i've uploaded the .max files of all the maps i put in-game, if that helps.

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

Btw, it would be cool if you located those Carcar City's levels near Liberty City from SA:LC beta 7. Also, would like to see Piggsy.

jaky2008
  • jaky2008

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:48 AM Edited by jaky2008, 02 April 2012 - 05:21 PM.

Very nice, i've downloaded them now.
Also I've already made a mod that converts Manhunt's weapons to SA, it's uploaded on GTAGARAGE. But I think a few adjustments would be needed before releasing it with this mod. It's called Manhunt Weapons And Kills!. Link: http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=16759

user posted image

A little update; I have the Scrapyard in SA. Problem is that it's above juryturf, so im going to have to make derelict and put it behind the scrapyard, and then juryturf behind that.

user posted image

Derelict is now in position, moving on to juryturf...

Ok, so juryturf is ingame, I can get near it and over it but if I get too close it crashes, so im going to work on the zoo instead.
user posted image
The zoo is now done too, except soem textures are missing and others don't have alpha's. dontgetit.gif

Also frank, I think we should delete all of the faces and planes outside of the map as they make it look bad.
And we should turn the journalist's apartment into a safehouse. cool.gif

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:28 PM Edited by Frank.s, 02 April 2012 - 05:30 PM.

*updates*
Nice. Good work.
Also frank, I think we should delete all of the faces and planes outside of the map as they make it look bad.
Sure, do you mean the areas that are inaccessible? Are they too low poly or something?
And we should turn the journalist's apartment into a safehouse. cool.gif
Good idea. icon14.gif I can easily do some scripting for a save lcation.
Ok, so juryturf is ingame, I can get near it and over it but if I get too close it crashes, so im going to work on the zoo instead.
Hmm, tried the coleditor fix? (all cols to material 0 or 1 and optimise all col models)

jaky2008
  • jaky2008

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:33 PM Edited by jaky2008, 02 April 2012 - 05:35 PM.

No, I mean the 2D meshes that are on the outskirts of each .bsp.
And i'll try that .col editor thing tomorrow! Right now im going to watch some Justified.
It turned out that what I was doing wrong with the map parts all this time was that I wasn't doing it in a certain order, I mean like creating a TXD AFTER creating the .IDE.
Now that I create both the .col and the .txd before creating the .IDE, .IPL and .IMG it works fine (besides some minor issues ofcourse.)
And nice frank, i've made a CLEO script before that adds a safehouse, but you'll probably do a better job as i've forgot how I done it! cry.gif
I've also been doing the map parts in order, so they are close to eachother, so far it goes jury > derelict > scrapyard > zoo.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:44 PM Edited by Frank.s, 02 April 2012 - 06:59 PM.

QUOTE (jaky2008 @ Monday, Apr 2 2012, 17:33)
No, I mean the 2D meshes that are on the outskirts of each .bsp.
Ah ok, yeah good delete them. I didn't notice those existed.
And i'll try that .col editor thing tomorrow! Right now im going to watch some Justified.
'Aight. icon14.gif
It turned out that what I was doing wrong with the map parts all this time was that I wasn't doing it in a certain order, I mean like creating a TXD AFTER creating the .IDE.
Hmm, not sure how a that would make a difference, but i might be misunderstanding what you're doing. From what i understand, you meant that having the txd file already done while you make the ide lines using deniskas ide script makes it not crash? If so, then that shouldn't affect it, but like i said i could be misunderstanding.
Now that I create both the .col and the .txd before creating the .IDE, .IPL and .IMG it works fine (besides some minor issues ofcourse.)
kwl.
And nice frank, i've made a CLEO script before that adds a safehouse, but you'll probably do a better job as i've forgot how I done it!  cry.gif
Thanks, heh.
I've also been doing the map parts in order, so they are close to eachother, so far it goes jury > derelict > scrapyard > zoo.
Good. I better play the rest of manhunt now, so when i learn the order of the levels it won't be a game spoiler. tounge.gif

jaky2008
  • jaky2008

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:40 AM Edited by jaky2008, 03 April 2012 - 03:16 PM.

Carcer City is apparently very close to Liberty City, and so I reckon we should try to make the map look like it is part of Upstate Liberty, so we should in time make a landbase similar to that of the upstate area once all map areas have been converted, scaled and fixed (removal of those 2D planes on the outskirts). But then to make the city look better we should try to fix the other 2D models that are present (the ones that are needed but only have a few sides to make it look 3D in Manhunt) by that I mean we should add faces to those models so they are 3D from all angles and give them a roof.

Also I just found out how to scale the entire max scene by a percentage, I suppose using the same % for every scene will make everything in proportion.
Actually, I don't think scaling is required! I reckon it's just CJ that's too small!
user posted image
user posted image
You can see that if anything, the map is actually UNDERSCALED wow.gif Look at where the "kill" graffiti is level with Cash in each picture!

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

Good ideas, i'l prolly help with the modeling of those once you've converted all levels. icon14.gif

jaky2008
  • jaky2008

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:17 PM Edited by jaky2008, 03 April 2012 - 05:01 PM.

I love finding out that you've wasted 4 hours and 20 minutes just to get a load of fail... sarcasm.gif
I tried doing that "remove the unneeded planes" idea and it results in the crashing of SA, im not going to bother with that and instead im going to just work on the other map parts.
Allright, i've sort of fixed the zoo level but theres a gap between two rooms and there's no wall on the same building for some reason and I haven't got alpha textures to work.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

Oh, hope you find a fix to that, i don't know why it would happen, was it just the dff you edit or dff +col?

About the player scaling issue, it would be best to scale the map instead of the player because scaling the player causes other issues like needing to scale every other ped, every vehicle, every weapon (original SA originals).

jaky2008
  • jaky2008

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:52 PM Edited by jaky2008, 03 April 2012 - 09:04 PM.

Mixazzz, who made the .bsp importer has got Carcer City into GTA IV!

He's a massively skilled modder! So the thing is, how does this effect us? He even has lighting, working doors and actual map objects from the levels that we don't... sad.gif How can anyone be that good?
This disheartens me a bit because he's made it look so easy and effortless. icon13.gif

And I re-done evrything - .dff, .col, .ide, .ipl and .txd.
I don't actually think we should scale anything, it looks fine.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:13 PM Edited by Frank.s, 04 April 2012 - 02:07 AM.

Yeah, anyone who would've downloaded this mod will now download Mixazzz's rendering this mod useless.

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:19 AM

This mod is useful! I don't like gta 4's engine. Btw, guys, you better to ask Bammargera to get Upstate Liberty. Also, as i said above would be cool if you used the last build of SA:Liberty City. These three mods may look perfect along.
p.s. just my opinion.

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

Don't want to ruin the mood, but this is the worst possible scenario.
Damn you IV!

jaky2008
  • jaky2008

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

Yeah, i've kept working on this mod though, today i've converted the mall with it's alpha textures too.
I've also updated my James Earl Cash player head, even though it's not strictly part of this mod.

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

Great. icon14.gif

I actually think you should keep it going (you already do), doesn't matter there is version for IV. Let's have it for SA too. It's too much effort and work to be thrown away. We don't want another dead mod.
So, KUTGW. smile.gif

jaky2008
  • jaky2008

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

I may have said beforehand, but right now all I can be bothered to do is convert the map files, in order. They're not going to be attached to eachother and will requie people to fly over to them. Maybe down the line i'll structure them better and remove all of the mess but for now I just want to get everything converted. I'm also thinking about looking through the opcodes to see if I can gather a clue how to make a "hide in shadow" script, saying as in the mission "Madd Doggs Rhymes" you can hide in shadows so the pedestrians can't see you.

TripleAs
  • TripleAs

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (jaky2008 @ Thursday, Apr 5 2012, 16:18)
I may have said beforehand, but right now all I can be bothered to do is convert the map files, in order. They're not going to be attached to eachother and will requie people to fly over to them. Maybe down the line i'll structure them better and remove all of the mess but for now I just want to get everything converted. I'm also thinking about looking through the opcodes to see if I can gather a clue how to make a "hide in shadow" script, saying as in the mission "Madd Doggs Rhymes" you can hide in shadows so the pedestrians can't see you.

That's where I come into play, I said that I'd help filling the gaps between levels smile.gif
However, I'll need the levels in a .max file to do it.
The only thing left to discuss would be the max version you guys are using turn.gif

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:35 AM Edited by Frank.s, 06 April 2012 - 01:18 PM.

No problems, i use max9 and it's most likely that you're using that or later (finally using old sh*t has an advantage). All of the .max levels i put in-game are in the maxfiles.zip in the Map folder of the DB. Afaik only one of Jaky's max files are uploaded "man_derelict.max"

Jaky, wanna upload your .max files too?
QUOTE (Jaky)
Sure thing, i'm using 3ds Max 2010, but you'll still be able to load them right?
Btw, i've got a copy of 2010 so that's how i was able to edit and export your level.

jaky2008
  • jaky2008

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:49 AM Edited by jaky2008, 06 April 2012 - 02:48 PM.

Sure thing, i'm using 3ds Max 2010, but you'll still be able to load them right?

Alright they're uploaded.

EDIT:
I've been converting the church level, i'm trying to make it so the church level works and by that I mean not freezing SA when it loads. Just like pretty much every other .COL I make it doesn't work ingame. For some reason only the derelict and scrapyard levels have made it easy for me. And i'm not in the mood to select all of the faces and apply material number 1 to every single one of the 212 .CST files in the .COL as like I had to with the mall (which only had 74 .CST's) icon13.gif

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

I don't use deniskas exporter tools to export col/cst cos i dunno how to set col material + brightness in one click, however i do know how to set them in a couple of clicks using xmens col exporter.

Once you got that i'll tell ya how to use it.

jaky2008
  • jaky2008

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:03 PM Edited by jaky2008, 06 April 2012 - 05:09 PM.

Good, i've just wasted way too much time following a YouTube tutorial just to get more fail.
Downloaded, turns out I already have them installed.

I've got to go right now, i'll try whatever it is you're telling me later.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:22 PM

Alright.

1) Save your .max scene.
2) Save another copy of it on your desktop so that it can be deleted when you've finished exporting the cols (make sure the col .max is open before continuing).
3) Select all objects and convert to poly then press M to open material editor and click an unused material sphere thingy.
4) Click the word Standard and Change it to GTA COL Surface then click the button which assigns that material to all selected objects (which should be all of 'em)
5) Open X col helper and set brightness to about 200 (that's what i use),
6) Set the first Material ID box to 1 and the COL Type to Default then click Update.
7) Export CST button. icon14.gif

user posted image

Azueira747
  • Azueira747

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

nice progress biggrin.gif
will you guys make safehouses and stuff like that ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users