Quantcast

» «
Photo

"reboot" for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...

100 replies to this topic
Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:39 AM

Here is a video from a tv show this morning, the trailer will be coming out later today. I think it looks alright.

[youtube][/youube]

EDIT-

just released

[video][/vdeo]

Castle.gif

I don't know if I should like it or hate it. I wasn't the biggest fan of TMNT when I was a kid.

xrk
  • xrk

• Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:05 PM Edited by xrk, 31 March 2014 - 03:05 PM.

Cant help but think of the Goonies when Michelangelo takes off his mask.

Quite looking forward to this film tbh, the nick animation, which I was forced to watch because of my son, is actually surprisingly good. I liked the turtles as a kid but I was initially put off by the new art style of the nick animation.

Just hope its better than what happened to Transformers, that looked really good until they released it.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

Cant help but think of the Goonies when Michelangelo takes off his mask.

Quite looking forward to this film tbh, the nick animation, which I was forced to watch because of my son, is actually surprisingly good. I liked the turtles as a kid but I was initially put off by the new art style of the nick animation.

Just hope its better than what happened to Transformers, that looked really good until they released it.

I still haven't seen the new cartoon because of the art style and animation, I usually hate the 3d cgi type shows but I've been hearing good things about it so I might give it a try.

Right now there are three things I don't like, Megan Fox as April, The design of the turtles, and the story seems to be focused on April too much. I'm unsure how I feel about Danny Woodburn as splinter, its mainly his voice. I'm more open to William Fichtner as shredder as long as they go with the reincarnation story, then it would make more sense that he is white and called eric sachs.

• xrk likes this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:46 PM

As far as it being based strongly on April - are we only basing this info on the trailer? Remember, she was a strong role in the original film as well, and it didn't seem tooooooo April heavy.

Or are our worst fears true and the leaked script is the basis for the story? :p
  • xrk likes this

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:13 PM

It's just with Michael Bay producing and how transformers was and then the trailer came it seems like this will be the same type of movie, there was one line on a picture I seen "The turtles must work with fearless reporter april o'neil and her wise cracking cameraman vernon fenwick to save the city..." 

pkn8.jpg

xrk
  • xrk

• Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:09 PM Edited by xrk, 31 March 2014 - 07:22 PM.

As far as it being based strongly on April - are we only basing this info on the trailer? Remember, she was a strong role in the original film as well, and it didn't seem tooooooo April heavy.

Or are our worst fears true and the leaked script is the basis for the story? :p

Whatever the original comics were like (Im planning to take a look at those) that alien stuff sounds wrong. I hope thats not whats happening, even if the ooze is extra terrestrial I am really uncomfortable with the turtles being alien. If thats what you mean by original script.

Im now in my thirties and looking forward to a film about the turtles lmfao.

xrk
  • xrk

• Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:05 PM

It's just with Michael Bay producing and how transformers was and then the trailer came it seems like this will be the same type of movie, there was one line on a picture I seen "The turtles must work with fearless reporter april o'neil and her wise cracking cameraman vernon fenwick to save the city..." 

pkn8.jpg

f*cking *shudder*

Surak
  • Surak

I'm an Alien, too.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • Mars
  • Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:45 PM

Yeah, but F*CK Megan Fox as April O'Neil.  That is just wrong...

• CatDog96 likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:59 PM Edited by Xerukal, 31 March 2014 - 08:59 PM.

The Turtles look pretty alright, aside from Mike and his... face problem. 

Spoiler

I don't know. It might be the nostrils? But I think It's definitely the lips. I'm not used to them having lips, at all. Maybe get rid of those? I don't know. 

I think they look modernized and "badass" almost. But I cannot for the life of me imagine them doing any of the acrobatic "ninja" stuff they did in the shows. I mean sure, the shells were big in the animated series'. But they just look so bulky and armored up in the movie that I can only see them as head-to-head warriors. 

• iBUCKEYE likes this

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

They're too big and look too human and its weird, I also dislike all the stuff they have on they're meant to be ninjas you can't sneak around, do flips and fight with all that stuff on. this is the perfect look to me, they're the same size as humans and they don't need to wear all this stuff to show their personality because you can get that from the things they do and say.

9TkMlEB.png

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:00 AM Edited by Xerukal, 01 April 2014 - 01:03 AM.

Honestly, I liked their appearance from the 2003 animated show best. Although the muscles are a bit exaggerated, lol. The fact that they have clearly distinct shades of green also helps to give each a different feel.

Spoiler

Man, I liked everything about that show. He looked seriously menacing back then. Good times.

Spoiler

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:23 AM

I love the 2003 show, the designs were great, it was my favourite master splinter design. Best theme song too.

Spoiler

My favourite shredder is the one from the new comics

Spoiler

• Xerukal likes this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:15 AM

I loved the 2003 theme, but the Nick theme is the best. :p Kinda sounds like it's being sung by the creepy dude from the Rebecca Black video...

I like Flash Forward too. f*ck I'm an old dork. :p

...just for fun, watch the turtle cure world hunger or something.

Surak
  • Surak

I'm an Alien, too.

• Mars
  • Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:49 PM Edited by AlienTwo, 01 April 2014 - 08:51 PM.

The more I look at the preview, the more I see the resemblance between the turtles and that freaky Xenomorph/Human hybrid from Alien Resurrection... sink Mike's eye sockets a few centimeters and give him 20 years of smoking history and boom.

alienres03.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202014-03-27%20at%2012.12.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:18 PM

two of the voices have been recast Johnny Knoxville as Leonardo,Tony Shalhoub (Monk) as Master Splinter. I like the new Splinter voice better and It would be good if he did something similar to what dustin hoffman did as shifu from kung fu panda. Knoxville as Leonardo  :/  I think he would've been better as Raph or Mikey, I can't imagine him as leo though.

• Surak likes this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:29 PM

LFsNavi.jpg

God f*cking damn it, Michael Bay.

• Failure likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:45 PM

I'm all for claiming the "Michael Bay is just producing" card.  I said the same thing about the Friday the 13th remake, and I ended up liking that movie.  But this has sh*t written all over it.  In other words, from what I've seen, it has his creative fingerprints all over it.  The making the Turtles big, the casting of Megan Fox, the casting of a white guy as Shredder and Johnny Knoxville as Leonardo, and the lens flare fest that makes JJ Abrams question it's use.  I know it's just a trailer, but it looks like Transformers 5, but with turtles instead of robots.  My guess is that Bay had gone further along as director of this, than we thought he did.

I'm gonna stop now, because I hate judging movies before I see them.  But sometimes it's just involuntary.

Surak
  • Surak

I'm an Alien, too.

• Mars
  • Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

I'm all for claiming the "Michael Bay is just producing" card.  I said the same thing about the Friday the 13th remake, and I ended up liking that movie.  But this has sh*t written all over it.  In other words, from what I've seen, it has his creative fingerprints all over it.  The making the Turtles big, the casting of Megan Fox, the casting of a white guy as Shredder and Johnny Knoxville as Leonardo, and the lens flare fest that makes JJ Abrams question it's use.  I know it's just a trailer, but it looks like Transformers 5, but with turtles instead of robots.  My guess is that Bay had gone further along as director of this, than we thought he did.

I'm gonna stop now, because I hate judging movies before I see them.  But sometimes it's just involuntary.

Agreed on all counts.  I don't think I would care as much if I wasn't such a 80's Cartoon TMNT fan as a kid...

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:26 PM

Maybe you're forgetting just how bad the original TMNT was... :p

I'm optimistic. I'm saying this as a guy who dug most of Transformers, so, grain of salt there. But I'm pretty stoked to see this, no matter if we see turtles destroy five hummers, a black hawk helicopter, AND an aircraft carrier in slo motion with American flags flying in the background.

Surak
  • Surak

I'm an Alien, too.

• Mars
  • Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:28 PM

I know... it was bad... but I want a movie that has April O'Neil as I remember her, Beebop and Rocksteady, Krang inside his Android in the technodrome...

They should just give me a boatload of cash so I can make the movie I want to see.

Indy007
  • Indy007

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:06 PM

It looks like utter CRAP...
  • milkmansun likes this

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

I am a fan of the TMNT, grew up watching those shows, I feel terrible about this, this is going to suck,
well we can get over it after a week, and that's how long will it be stuck in our head.
  • Indy007 likes this

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:27 PM

Yep it will probably be sh*t, Im disappointed this is the movie we get, it's been 20 years since the last movies and if this movie is bad I don't want to wait 20 years for a reboot.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

I think the splinter design is great and the voice is good, I remember reading something about them wanting the action to be like The Raid, so i'm looking forward to the Splinter vs Shredder fight even if the rest of the movie is bad

WcbShxB.gif

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:27 PM

New trailer with some new footage, the turtles actually look pretty rad.

https://www.facebook...699311380107796

• El Diablo and milkmansun like this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:41 PM

yeah I feel like a lot of people are violently overreacting about the reboot.

I think it looks pretty good so far.

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:29 AM

It looks like steroids pumped through the turtles even though they didn't want to, and still pumping it...
  • CatDog96 likes this

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:35 AM

Concept art for Splinter & Shredder. Splinters concept art looked perfect. and It would of been cool to see on screen, but I still like the movie design with the topknot and fu manchu.

_1401815064.jpg

_1401815052.jpg

And then theres this picture that looks like a transformer thing

ENO2VdR.jpg

Spoiler

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:21 AM

Woah, that concept art of Shredder is incredible. Love that design. 

nikolibrety
  • nikolibrety

This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:44 AM

The movie will be directed by the director of the godaful sequel to that godawful clash of the titans reboot film. Now Michael Bay will probably get most the hate but hes made 2 good movies: The Rock and Pain and Gain. This has the worst miscasting ever, Knoxville as leonardo when he would be better as an michaelangleo and an white guy as shredder along with obviously megan fox as april o neil.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users