Quantcast

» «
Photo

"reboot" for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...

92 replies to this topic
John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:17 AM Edited by John The Grudge, 15 August 2012 - 11:19 AM.

Looks like my prayers were answered. I'm not against a reboot. I'm just against Michael Bay being involved.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

It's been shut down for months. Read Aintitcool more often.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:18 AM Edited by CatDog96, 31 March 2014 - 03:25 PM.

HEllo here is some turtles stuff that has happened, film is not cancelled its coming out in august.

megan fox as april

william fichtner as shredder/eric sachs

will arnett as vernon

danny woodburn as splinter

alan ritchson as raph

noel fisher as mikey

jeremy howard as donnie

pete ploszek as leo

directed by Jonathan Liebesman and produced by Michael Bay  

this was leaked and people were like, mmm that looks weird.

Spoiler

Then these were leaked and people were like, it looks alright.

Spoiler

then this was leaked and people were like, mmm weird sort of alright they look like big green babies, donnie why are you wearing nerd glasses? and wow the toys look like they are slightly retarded

Spoiler

today the first teaser trailer was shown at cinemacon and it will be released online on thursday. here is an article about it

http://io9.com/we-sa...dium=socialflow

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:20 PM

BjrP5s_CEAA3_xu.jpg

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:51 PM Edited by OH NO, 26 March 2014 - 08:52 PM.

You know what was actually super rad? The two newer cartoon series. Very fun, very Turtley.And then they did the TV film "Turtles Forever" which was so cool I nearly died.I met Kevin Eastman at ComicCon last year, and as he was drawing a f*cking picture of Raphael for me, he was talking about new and exciting Turtles projects. Very cryptically. But what stood out at me was the fact that the guy is, like, oldschool awesome. He's the Editor of Heavy Metal these days. He drips testosterone. He writes comics where the turtles kill sh*tloads of bad guys. With machine guns.The turtles have been reimagined like a billionty times. Even in the comics. So I'm actually looking forward to any take on the story. Not sure why it's got to be aliens, but hey - I'm still down. icon14.gif

Aye me too man, as long as it's not a total disaster I'll take something out of it.

I'm no expert but if the designs shown are correct then the turtles are dressed as samurais not ninjas. Still, it looks slick.

Edit: nothing will beat the first tmnt film anyway i can still enjoy that to this day

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:58 PM

The great thing about the first movie, was that it was pretty much an independent film.  And it was shot really dark.  I mean literally dark, and they overexposed it so you can see what was going on, so it gave that really good film grain.  It's pretty underrated, in the world of film, in my opinion.

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:05 PM

I'd hang out with you, Crazy. We could talk about our mutual back problems.

The great thing about the first movie, was that it was pretty much an independent film.  And it was shot really dark.  I mean literally dark, and they overexposed it so you can see what was going on, so it gave that really good film grain.  It's pretty underrated, in the world of film, in my opinion.

Yeah it's class man it's more than a kids film, that rooftop battle with Raph where he gets f*cked up and them then nursing him back to health is very emotional.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:01 PM Edited by WhatsStrength, 26 March 2014 - 11:02 PM.

William Fichtner is playing Shredder, so for now I'm in. I loved him as Mahone in Prison Break, and he completely made the second season. That guy can ACT.

The trailer is set to premiere with Winter Soldier next month, so fingers crossed.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:35 PM

William Fichtner is playing Shredder, so for now I'm in. I loved him as Mahone in Prison Break, and he completely made the second season. That guy can ACT.

The trailer is set to premiere with Winter Soldier next month, so fingers crossed.

Eh, I like Fichtner, but Shredder is supposed to be Japanese.  Oh, sh*t, whatever, they're making the Turtles aliens, however this movie ends up, I'll probably hate it.

• Moonshield likes this

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:06 AM

f*ck everything about this movie. This is f*cking retconned garbage.

• milkmansun likes this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:02 PM

I was so much more optimistic two years ago!

I'm still looking forward to it but they'll have a tough time topping the current Nickelodeon series.
  • Matty256 likes this

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:19 PM Edited by CatDog96, 27 March 2014 - 03:19 PM.

Here is a video from a tv show this morning, the trailer will be coming out later today. I think it looks alright.

EDIT-

just released

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

Whoa. That looks like... just... Wow. Of course we'd see someone crash into a hummer.

Is it just me, or are they F*CKING HUGE? What the Donatello?

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:05 PM

I was so much more optimistic two years ago!
I'm still looking forward to it but they'll have a tough time topping the current Nickelodeon series.

I didn't know the nickelodeon series was good, I'll keep an eye out for it.

I'm looking forward to this tho, can't be any worse than turtles 3. Moon why ain't you feeling this film man? Heard some bad things about it I haven't? I know they're f*ckin with the origin a bit but I'm not too clued up tbh

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

My beef is that they're a little too beastly. And they look to be my age, which is weird for the obvious reason.

They actually look f*cking cool in toy form but for some reason in the movie they're like nine feet tall. Again, weird.

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

True and if the toys dimensions are correct Raph is even bigger and I didn't see him in the trailer.

The foot in this?

Matty256
  • Matty256

Adrenaline Ace

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:15 PM

Trailer did look good it had a very transformers feel to it at the beginning of it you could easy tell Micheal Bay had worked on it even if you didn't see his name. and yea they look alot older then what they are suppose to be.

Some close up pics found on imgur LINK

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

True and if the toys dimensions are correct Raph is even bigger and I didn't see him in the trailer.

The foot in this?

Yeah the foot are in it but I think they are a military group or something.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:08 PM

My beef is that they're a little too beastly. And they look to be my age, which is weird for the obvious reason.

They actually look f*cking cool in toy form but for some reason in the movie they're like nine feet tall. Again, weird.

Exactly my thoughts.  They're f*cking monsters.  I'd rather see them be either human size, or maybe smaller.  The classic turtles if I remember correctly were like a foot shorter than your average person.  So they were like five feet tall.  And that's great, because you realize that they need skill to beat their usually physically larger enemies.  This just seems like, yeah, of course they're going to be able to kick ass, because they're f*cking huge.

At least we still have the Nickelodeon cartoon for the time being.  That one keeps the love for the real turtles alive.

I'm fine with messing with the story, except making them aliens.  I'm okay with a white Shredder.  Megan Fox just reminds me about how plastic surgery is bad (seriously, she used to be really really beautiful, now she's just plastic-y).  But physically changing them into these monsterous things, is just too far.  I'm not the one to say this "raped my childhood", because I'm sure the kids of today will love it, but it's not for me.  I'll stick with the first movie, the cartoons, and the comics.

• CatDog96 likes this

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:40 PM Edited by WhatsStrength, 27 March 2014 - 09:38 PM.

I'll give it a go. Love that Fichtner narration.

Edit - Re-watching the trailer made realize just how awfully-designed the turtles are. The part where he took off the mask makes me want to crucify Bay. I'll still probably see the movie because of Fichtner and the fact that I get free tickets.
  • milkmansun likes this

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:32 PM

f*ck MICHAEL BAY! WHAT THE f*ck HAVE YOU DONE TO THE TURTLES MAN?!! RIGHT IN THE CHILDHOOD!

Seriously, this is the worst looking thing I have ever seen, and it looks like it's going to be another Dragon Ball Evolution, f*ck this sh*t I'm out. I'll stick to the originals.

• milkmansun likes this

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:08 AM

f*ck MICHAEL BAY! WHAT THE f*ck HAVE YOU DONE TO THE TURTLES MAN?!! RIGHT IN THE CHILDHOOD!

Seriously, this is the worst looking thing I have ever seen, and it looks like it's going to be another Dragon Ball Evolution, f*ck this sh*t I'm out. I'll stick to the originals.

Well to be fair, the movie wasn't made to cater to your childhood. As an above poster stated, kids today will probably enjoy. I'm sure when we watched the TMNT cartoons when we were younger, a lot of adults raised their eyebrows in cofusion as well. I'm pretty sure one of the franchise co-creators is still working closely on the film so don't call it sh*t yet.

Also, nothing will EVER be worse than Dragon Ball Evolution when it comes to the sodomization of a franchise. The Last Airbender is a close second.

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:18 AM

tgAgkjt.png

bullsh*t.

• milkmansun likes this

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:20 AM

Spoiler

bullsh*t.

don't worry it's just a mask.

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:35 AM

Spoiler

bullsh*t.

well i hope so

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:37 AM

Spoiler

bullsh*t.

well i hope so

iuk0hJy.jpg

• WhatsStrength likes this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:07 AM

The weirdness has worn off; Leo looks pretty effin' rad. I'm sure this'll be a blast. At the very least, it'll be fun.

Famous last words? If you go watch the original films again (Corey Feldman!) or the original series, they don't hold up well. There's a lot of rose tinted glasses around the internet today. :p

I was lucky enough to chat with Kevin Eastman at comiccon a few years ago - while he drew me a Raphael! - and he was talking about how excited he was about this project (though I think it was secret at the time and I figured it was in relation to the new cartoon until the news broke). I think we may see a pretty fun dark storyline here.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:45 AM

Famous last words? If you go watch the original films again (Corey Feldman!) or the original series, they don't hold up well. There's a lot of rose tinted glasses around the internet today. :p

I really only liked the first movie, but the end of Shredder was so disappointing.

The second was mediocre (Vanilla Ice, anyone?) , and the third was downright horrible.

I think I enjoyed the 2007 movie just as much as the original live action one, but the lack of Shredder hurt it.

I didn't personally grow up with the cartoons so I can't really comment there. A lot of people seem to identify with that material the most, hence all of the bitching. Ironically, the comics that the franchise spawned from were more in line with this movie (at least tonally with the darker atmosphere) than any other rendition of the series to date.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:19 PM

Yeah; the graphic novel Eastman graffiti'd up for me is a story about Raphael and Casey Jones straight up killing a bunch of thugs. And not just ninja style.... But varieties of machine guns mankind can only dream about.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

The main characters are 8 times uglier than what we're used to...

Explosions and the Obligatory-eye-candy-mediocre-actress-Megan-Fox get more screen time than the actual protagonists (Wouldn't be surprised if April was the actual protagonist).

MICHAEL BAY STRIKES AGAIN!

• milkmansun and kipakolonyasi like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users