Dog Fighting?

89 replies to this topic
Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:26 AM

Since animals have been confirmed, do you think there will be any kind of dog fighting ring? If not as a gambling side mission, perhaps it would be popular among the street gangs and appear in the story somewhere. Why of course, it would be very controversial, but it would definitely bring back that shocking hardcore element of GTA. GTA IV didn't really push the envelope enough; the worst we really saw was a half flaccid penis in the Lost and the Damned. Here's a bit from the Wire to demonstrate what a dog fight would possibly look like.

I do not condone the abuse of dogs in any way, just exploring a possible feature for the sake of discussion.

(Yakuza)
  • (Yakuza)

Dragon of GTA

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:33 AM

I can see it fit in and i personally dont mind it being in the game, hell they can put any crime in the game because at the end of the day, its just a game. Buuuuuut I dont think r* would add that brutal feature in.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:37 AM

Only "Top Gun" style, not the type you're mentioning.

Toniblue
  • Toniblue

Carl "CJ" Johnson: 7-8 LIONS

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:50 AM

I'm all up for animals in the game but I don't really want to see two dogs put against one another to the death in the game. Chicken fights may be ok and be able to pass a bit easier by.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:02 AM

I think this would be a great element to the game. Imagine if you could train your dog like a real life Pokemon, sh*t would be awesome. Unfortunately I doubt this will be implemented due to all the bleeding/sandy vaginas that would moan out in displeasure of such a feature

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:07 AM

QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Tuesday, Mar 20 2012, 20:37)
Only "Top Gun" style, not the type you're mentioning.

quoted for truth.

I highly doubt Rockstar will feature dog fighting rings in the game, even if it's just for the sake of having them broken up.
with so many different types of missions and plot elements at your disposal why would you even bother with such controversial subject matter?

they have plenty of other ideas to choose from.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Wednesday, Mar 21 2012, 04:02)
I think this would be a great element to the game. Imagine if you could train your dog like a real life Pokemon, sh*t would be awesome. Unfortunately I doubt this will be implemented due to all the bleeding/sandy vaginas that would moan out in displeasure of such a feature

Exactly. F*ck the media.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:30 AM

Once again the low intelligence of GTAforums astounds me. Are you people seriously saying that having a dog fighting ring in the game would be any worse than killing hundreds of cops in any given mission? How many times are you people going to try to bring morality into a game that features picking up hookers for health recharges? As far as I know, this isn't a game about being a church minister or something. Do you really think that f*cking PETA will leave any dents in the GTA market?

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:31 AM

it would just be a lack of creativity.

I mean a dog fighting ring in LA?
not likely.

they're mostly in the South.

Gar4man
  • Gar4man

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:38 AM

El_Diablo U are stupid if you really believe there aren't dog fights in LA.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:49 AM

there's dog fights all over the world.

but in the US they're much more prevalent (and bigger) in the deep South than on either coast.

Gar4man
  • Gar4man

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:50 AM

They are big in LA dumb sh*t

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:53 AM

tell you what.

I'll change my signature to "Gar4man is my master and I am his bitch" if there's dogfighting in GTA 5.
because there won't be.

Gar4man
  • Gar4man

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:57 AM

sound good
devil.gif

Colonel Dre
  • Colonel Dre

Non Duxit Nos Inducas

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:59 AM

I wouldn't care.

But if PETA threw a fit because DICE had a scene where you killed a RAT in BF3.

Then PETA will s*** a brick about this.

DatassGTA
  • DatassGTA

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:00 AM

Where did they confirm dogs?

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:01 AM

I say add it, could be a fun gambling minigame.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:06 AM

QUOTE (DatassGTA @ Wednesday, Mar 21 2012, 05:00)

Try the very first image of GTA V we saw.

DatassGTA
  • DatassGTA

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:08 AM

QUOTE (Linki @ Wednesday, Mar 21 2012, 05:06)
QUOTE (DatassGTA @ Wednesday, Mar 21 2012, 05:00)

Try the very first image of GTA V we saw.

That's hardly a confirmation. I've seen many things in game trailers that don't end up in the final game. So when R* themselves say "There is dogs" I don't belive it.

RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:50 AM

not only is dog fighting cruel and barbaric, it is also quite boring

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE (RockStarNiko @ Wednesday, Mar 21 2012, 05:50)

You work for PETA.. Right?

On Topic: just to clarify if animals are featured in GTA V they will be killable, i dont know about dog fights being featured though.. It wont be welcomed by PETA and the stupid media, so i think R* will stay away from it

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

A Stitch in Time C9

• United-States

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:39 AM

I highly doubt animals, namely domesticated ones, will be a part of the game beyond cutscenes. The most I would expect is for them to only appear in a mission in which you'd have to avoid/kill them so they don't kill you. But who knows, they may take a page or two from RDR and have wildlife that turns hostile and tries to attack you when you're in the countryside.

interpolfan11
  • interpolfan11

Lions 7-8 NG

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:23 PM Edited by interpolfan11, 21 March 2012 - 02:31 PM.

OMFG, why can't people understand that R* will most likely try to avoid major controversy after the "hot coffee" scandal? No, PETA cannot and will not affect the sales of the game, however, including the killing of domesticated animals would still result in the alienation of the GTA and gaming community as a whole. GTA would be blamed, once again, for the corruption and degradement of society just because they decided to add a measly feature that included the killing of dogs and cats. And why would GTA be blamed as opposed to games that have already featured the killing of dogs, such as RDR? There are two reasons. First, because V will likely be one of the highest-selling games of all time, and as a result, it will be scrutinized by media much more heavily than any other game besides COD and Halo. It truly is the poster-child for violent video games, and level of coverage that it will receive in the media will reflect upon that. Secondly, RDR was set in a time period where the killing of dogs was accepted, and hunting was a major part of life.

And again, it seems like no one realizes that dog fighting is one of modern society's biggest taboos. Remember the berating that Michael Vick got from the media and society as a whole? Remember everyone caling him a piece of sh*t who didn't deserve to be walking on this planet? Do people seriously think R* wants to endure that kind of criticism for a feature that will hardly even be used in the game? Again, and quite sadly, there are plenty of extremist animal-lovers in this world that would gladly take another human's life in order to save a dog or a cat's life. It's a cruel and puzzling part of society, but one can't deny that it is true.

voyager4520
  • voyager4520

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

The dog you see in the trailer may simply be part of a cutscene, there's no confirmation that they'll be in the open world or that you'll be able to interact with them in any way.

I don't think dog fighting would be a good idea, too much bad publicity and no real point to having it in the game, at least as an interactive mini-game. I could see it being part of a cutscene and possibly condemned in the storyline and that shouldn't bring too much bad publicity.

Hayze
  • Hayze

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

Dog fighting would be a dumb addition. It just goes up there with useless sh*t people might want in the game because they think of GTA as just a game that pushes the envelope and fires up the media with controversial sh*t rather than a great cinematic open world experience with awesome stories and characters. Its not like R* brainstorms to add things like dog fighting, rape, killing children etc. The fans who want or suggest adding useless sh*t like that just to add it because it "pushes the envelope" or is "extreme like GTA used to be" or whatever other brain dead excuse they can come up with are the reasons why the media like Fox News tries to sh*t on these games and get them banned.

meson1
  • meson1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:37 PM

This is ridiculous. I think dog fighting should be given it's very own dedicated game franchise. That way they can be banned all by themselves instead of attracting bans for GTA.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

Dog Fighting sets civilised countries back a hundred years. Anyone caught doing this needs to be thrown in a cage of about twelve of these killers. That should be the punishment. And all of these types of dogs were created for 1 thing and 1 thing only: To kill. Were I live if this type of dog is caught running the streets they are taken care of immediately. I just had to warn some trash that moved in my neighborhood to keep their 'pits' on a leash and explained to them that they are responsible for their actions and will be held accountable. If you think that R* would put dog fighting in a game, I'm sorry but you couldn't be over twelve. They would put children in before they would do that. Dog fighting needs to be erradicated along with the scum who do it.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:10 PM Edited by Official General, 21 March 2012 - 03:21 PM.

I do not want to see dog fighting in GTA V or any video game for that matter. It is not because I work for PETA or because I'm soft, it is because I think it is barbaric and cruel and I don't think it should be glorified, encouraged or imitated in any way. We humans can fight each other in sport and quit when we have had enough, and still be living to tell the tale - these dogs are trained to fight to death and there is only one outcome guaranteed and that is a dog being killed. And people need to remember that these dogs are forced into fighting each other, they have no choice. I work in a place dealing with public, I once saw a teenage guy with a dog that had clearly been in a dog fight, and the dog's right eye was gorged out, and the whole area around the missing eye was torn to pieces. The dog look so traumatized and subdued, I felt so sorry for the poor animal, it was very painful for me to look at. This kind of stuff is not fun, not even in a video game and some guys on here really need to understand that.

Just because GTA is about crime, gangs and all that other bad stuff, some idiots on here think Rockstar should really push the boundaries of ethics and morality to shock everyone in society. Remember supposed to be primarily a video game, not some digital medium for one to indulge in sick, depraved fantasies.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

In the beginning there was Jack

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (RockStarNiko @ Wednesday, Mar 21 2012, 07:50)

Agreed. Especially with boring part.

Hayze
  • Hayze

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Wednesday, Mar 21 2012, 14:44)
Dog Fighting sets civilised countries back a hundred years. Anyone caught doing this needs to be thrown in a cage of about twelve of these killers. That should be the punishment. And all of these types of dogs were created for 1 thing and 1 thing only: To kill. Were I live if this type of dog is caught running the streets they are taken care of immediately. I just had to warn some trash that moved in my neighborhood to keep their 'pits' on a leash and explained to them that they are responsible for their actions and will be held accountable. If you think that R* would put dog fighting in a game, I'm sorry but you couldn't be over twelve. They would put children in before they would do that. Dog fighting needs to be erradicated along with the scum who do it.

I'm against it also but I hope you don't think 'pits' are inherently a bad breed of dog. I have friends with pits and my brother owns one. The only reason they are used in dog fighting is because of how loyal they become to their owner. They will do anything for them regardless of if they have to die doing it. In reality they're a really good breed. It's the owners that can be the pieces of sh*t and cause them to fight. If they have a good owner they can be a very friendly and loving dog.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users