Photo

GTA V.. The Big One?

14 replies to this topic
TwistedMedia
  • TwistedMedia

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

After seeing the front of the latest issue of 360 Magazine, it made me think about all we've heard about it..

'It's the big one'
'..And a very big map'

then look at what the magazine says,

'Back to the series roots'

Who remembers the original GTA map? where you chose your City before you started playing.

user posted image

Obviously I don't believe for a second that this generation of consoles is powerful enough to give a map the size of the USA, but what if they include Liberty City, Vice City and San Andreas, and let you fly between them (as many people have previously wondered).

This would be going back to the roots of the style of the original GTA map. Maybe if there is multiple protagonists, you play as a different one at the start of each city, and the stories link together.

Thoughts?

MikeyB
  • MikeyB

Floppy Member

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

I don't think console power has anything to do with it. It's only storage.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 was interesting in that it had a new map but also included the old Hawaii map. I can't see any reason that GTA V could not include past locations.

wildstyle91
  • wildstyle91

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

I can't see them doing Liberty City again, but it is an interesting idea. It would be cool to be able to fly over to Vice City and see it in updated graphics. Maybe it will be part of the DLC.

Chickenwing
  • Chickenwing

You See it in the Movies.....

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

Why can't people understand that VC & LC won't be in it!

mikkenugent
  • mikkenugent

Wolf God

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:44 PM

I think what that quote meant by "going back to their roots" indicates more towards the III era instead of I or II.

Like you said today's consoles couldn't handle a map the size of the US and I doubt most people want to go back to LC so soon.

TwistedMedia
  • TwistedMedia

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of these people who want all cities in one game (personally, I just want a very detailed Los Santos), I'm merely suggesting what came to mind when I looked at all of the comments about the game.

As much as GTA has to offer, I dont think that they could pull off all 3 cities in one game on this generation, without sacrificing graphics, long loading times and overall less quality of gameplay. Look at Just Cause 2.. very big map, but not much else to say about it.

In what other way could they mean Rockstar are going back to their roots?

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

Holy sh*t maybe they'll put the whole America in the game!? Seriously, not in this generation.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

'going back to it's roots'
i feel they are talking about the gta III era when 3rd person behind the character came in, that was the point gta games really took off and the fact San Andreas is back, but not necessarily San Fierro and Las Venturas. Im a bit 50/50 on that but we have to wait and see

Buffalo Soldier
  • Buffalo Soldier

The Man Himself.

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

This would of been a fair argument - had we not of got the statement from Rockstar saying the game is based in Los Santos.

I think Vice City will be done in GTA 6 - at least I hope it is, because if it's ignored I'm going to be seriously f*cked off at Rockstar.
Anyway, by Back to it's Roots - I think it just means the way the game use to be in the III Era.
I have a feeling Rockstar know, that no one liked the way IV was - because it was too realistic, the humour was gone, the game was dull - and that's not what GTA is about.

Soomersault
  • Soomersault

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

Actually, I wouldn't mind play maybe 5-10 missions in Liberty city, it would feel kinda nostalgic. And then, after the missions is over - go
back to los santos. But I don't think that is what they mean when "go back to its roots".
Maybe it has something to do with the gang-system in II, when you had a couple of gangs and you could choose for who you wanted to do missions with, and the rating system ("Like-system")

FelipeVinhao
  • FelipeVinhao

Under construction, sorry for the inconvenience

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

Don't get me wrong. But when I associated this "back to the roots" with the GTA1 screenshot, the first thing that came to my mind wasn't the multiple cities, but the grid-like map and the tod-down view. tounge.gif

Gege
  • Gege

ZoSo

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

Liberty City, It's Over... Next Stop: Los Santos/San Andreas State.
I just don't think it could be possible because they don't want to split the game into 3 or more atmospheres. One game, one city/state.

Gulpix
  • Gulpix

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:22 PM

When will they release the 360 magazine ?

Rico44
  • Rico44

Custom member title

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

It's already been released.

fitbikesbmx
  • fitbikesbmx

V

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

Well asides from being speculation, they probably just mean that the game is going to have more of the 'fun' elements that IV lacked. There is pretty much 0% chance of it being more than LS and maybe a few smaller cities that surround it, but maybe the next game will have a nation sized map.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users