» «
Photo

Trying to fix the GTAIII Sentinel

17 replies to this topic
NewportByChrysler
  • NewportByChrysler

LC R29

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:21 PM Edited by NewportByChrysler, 18 March 2012 - 10:21 PM.

As you know, the Sentinel on the PC version of GTAIII has a weird material/texture bug with the trim. The rear bumper is white, and doesn't have a black stripe, like it's supposed to on the PS2 version. Plus, the badges and front bumper and rear trim in between the taillights are also white, when they're supposed to appear in gray/dark gray.
This is basically what the normal Sentinel is supposed to look like, trim wise
http://www.gtagaming...ntinel_back.jpg
Could someone help?
EDIT:The f*cking URL code keeps f*cking up the URL, right click+properties to see the URL.
EDIT:Forgot to mention, importing PS2 model works fine, however in GGMM it's all screwed up.
With PS2 model black bar on bumper appears, and damage bug with passenger fender is fixed...however, material bug is still present. bored.gif

NewportByChrysler
  • NewportByChrysler

LC R29

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

No help? It figures. bored.gif

MG3
  • MG3

Not a player

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

You can texture it again in zmod.

NewportByChrysler
  • NewportByChrysler

LC R29

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

That's kind of what I thought had to be done....but i'm a clueless retard. I'd need help doing that.

NewportByChrysler
  • NewportByChrysler

LC R29

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

Here's the improvements with the PS2 Model-compare it with the PC model.
Rear bumper
http://i39.tinypic.com/nmyrlz.jpg
Pass side fender damage bug is fixed
http://i40.tinypic.com/24e6td1.jpg

NewportByChrysler
  • NewportByChrysler

LC R29

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:48 PM

Sorry for the bump....but is it possible to convert the PS2 GTAIII .txd and .dff to PC?

NewportByChrysler
  • NewportByChrysler

LC R29

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:02 PM Edited by NewportByChrysler, 25 March 2012 - 11:09 PM.

.....i'm gonna assume it's not possible, due to the lack of attention. Either that-or it's because i'm trying to mod GTAIII, which no one cares about, since you can't play as Tyrone Biggums and fly around with a jetpack, or play as Boris Bustoff and take his fatass cousin out to get something to eat for the 1000th time.

Kent Traffic Cop
  • Kent Traffic Cop

Old Skool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

I'm confused... I've been playing the PC version today and mine seems fine:

user posted image

Are you saying that yours has a white stripe where the black stripe is?

NewportByChrysler
  • NewportByChrysler

LC R29

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:58 PM Edited by NewportByChrysler, 26 March 2012 - 10:30 PM.

What i'm saying is-the PS2 civillian Sentinel is basically the Mafia Sentinel, material wise. Same bumpers/reflections(no body kit or louver or spoiler however).
PC civillian Sentinel is bugged, and has crappy material and reflections, and has a damage bug with the pass side fender.(bugged alpha)
PS2 version Sentinel uses same body64 texture as the Mafia Sentinel. PC version is missing bodyb64, which is the same as Mafia Sentinel's body64. The materials/textures have to be remapped, but I can't do that-I can't even draw a straight line in MS Paint.
PC civi Sentinel has the white stripe instead of black on the bumper-it's a bug with the model.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:42 AM

Mine seems to have the black stripe. What version are you using? Mine is UK 1.0

NewportByChrysler
  • NewportByChrysler

LC R29

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:04 AM Edited by NewportByChrysler, 27 March 2012 - 01:27 AM.

Wait-whoa.
Your regular, civillian Sentinel has the black stripe on the bumper, and correct material and textures?
If you have the PS2 version-compare the PS2 Sentinel to the PC version. If I had a cap. card i'd upload pics.
My version is v1.1 US.

Kent Traffic Cop
  • Kent Traffic Cop

Old Skool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

So you're saying the Sentinel (non-mafia) which looks like this:

user posted image

Should infact look like this?

user posted image

But it looks better with the silver stripe. If anything, the Mafia Sentinel is wrong - it should have a silver stripe rather than the black one.

NewportByChrysler
  • NewportByChrysler

LC R29

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:22 PM Edited by NewportByChrysler, 27 March 2012 - 12:38 PM.

It's supposed to have the black stripe however-also, it has the same material for the trim/bumpers as the Mafia Sentinel.

Kent Traffic Cop
  • Kent Traffic Cop

Old Skool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

What?

What are you trying to say - your grammar is appaling and I can't actually understand what you're talking about.

You've stated the Sentinel should have a black stripe like the Mafia Sentinel (like the Photoshop I posted in my last post) but what is it that you're saying? It looks perfectly fine to me - if anything the Mafia version is bugged, because it shouldn't have that black stripe there.

It should be silver to give a "metallic" effect.

Kent Traffic Cop
  • Kent Traffic Cop

Old Skool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

This is what it looks like in game:

user posted image

(i.e it looks gash - it looks like there's a missing texture). It SHOULD look like this:

user posted image

NewportByChrysler
  • NewportByChrysler

LC R29

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:15 PM Edited by NewportByChrysler, 27 March 2012 - 08:19 PM.

QUOTE (Kent Traffic Cop @ Tuesday, Mar 27 2012, 08:44)
What?

What are you trying to say - your grammar is appaling and I can't actually understand what you're talking about.

You've stated the Sentinel should have a black stripe like the Mafia Sentinel (like the Photoshop I posted in my last post) but what is it that you're saying? It looks perfectly fine to me - if anything the Mafia version is bugged, because it shouldn't have that black stripe there.

It should be silver to give a "metallic" effect.

My goddamn grammar is not appalling, i'm trying to explain something that's damn-near impossible to explain to someone who isn't a detail nut and i'm failing miserably, apparently. confused.gif
tl;dr version(about as tl;dr as it'll get)-The PC non-gang Sentinel is supposed to look like the PS2 non-gang Sentinel, it doesn't, it has a different, lousy looking material texture, and a bug with the damage on the passenger side fender. The PS2 version non-gang Sentinel uses the same material textures as the Mafia Sentinel, and shares the black stripe on the rear bumper with the Mafia Sentinel. That's how the Sentinel on the PC version is supposed to look. It needs to be fixed. I can't fix it.

NewportByChrysler
  • NewportByChrysler

LC R29

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

Here are some shots from the PS2 version of the Sentinel I got off Youtube-sorry about the quality, they're the best I could find.
user posted image
user posted image

NewportByChrysler
  • NewportByChrysler

LC R29

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

I'm trying to replace Civi Sentinel's textures with Mafia Sentinel's textures, using the newest version of TXD Workshop....but the f*cking stupid POS program keeps resizing the textures to 32bit in GTA3.img and if I replace the ones in TXD.img, the goddamn textures get pixelated for no reason, even if they're 32 bit. suicidal.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users