Quantcast

» «
Photo

Record-breaking temperatures in the U.S.

57 replies to this topic
Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

Then as it was, but again it will be

• Members

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:46 PM

So up here in Vermont, we don't expect warm weather until the middle of April. But today I looked at my thermometer and it's a scorching 78 degrees Fahrenheit. It's only March 18, and this temperature broke the last record of this day by over 5 degrees.

Just take a look at how many records have been broken in this article.

It's insane to think that it feels like June three months early. Unfortunately, the temperature should be back to the 40's by the end of this week. sad.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

Whoop-tee-Doo.... Didn't the Republicans say they were in to Global Warming... especially with all the Hot Air of the pre-election stuff? smile.gif

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (Los Santos Pedestrian @ Sunday, Mar 18 2012, 15:46)
So up here in Vermont, we don't expect warm weather until the middle of April. But today I looked at my thermometer and it's a scorching 78 degrees Fahrenheit. It's only March 18, and this temperature broke the last record of this day by over 5 degrees.

Just take a look at how many records have been broken in this article.

It's insane to think that it feels like June three months early. Unfortunately, the temperature should be back to the 40's by the end of this week. sad.gif

I hate the warmth.

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:18 PM

Summer Time?

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

so if the GOP gets to claim that harsh winters means there is no such thing as global warming (like they did all last year), then do Liberals get to claim that record breaking temperatures means there is global warming?

I'm just curious how this works... devil.gif

Mockage
  • Mockage

First Breath After Coma

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:40 PM

Ugh, f*cking hate it. Felt like 70 earlier this evening down the shore in Jersey. Add in some haze and you got yourself a nice winter day filled with uncomfortable weather and groans being heard throughout town.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:41 PM

Is it opposite day?

Here in LA it's been steadily 60F all day.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:08 AM

The OFFICIAL WORD is this is the 4th Warmest winter on record, the arctic cold has been bottled up over Canada, feel bad for the Canucks

ilovebender.com
  • ilovebender.com

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:19 AM

Maybe people around the world should be alarmed, that's USD $ Land and if that has a bad harvest or whatever, a lot of people could starve and go thirsty and prices of food might shoot up.

omgz153
  • omgz153

Disregard females, acquire monetary funds

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:21 AM

I live in Canada and it's 26 degrees in the area that I live. It's probably the warmest march that I ever experienced here.

ilovebender.com
  • ilovebender.com

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:35 AM Edited by ilovebender.com, 19 March 2012 - 12:43 AM.

I live in Europe, on an island that's parallel Ireland, Canada, Russia, Norway; that see's the Gulf Stream... I believe if it wasn't for the Gulf Stream, things would feel like Russia here, on my island; but they don't. - All the way up there just under Iceland and Greenland, next to Holland and Scandinavia, north of France, in this part of the world, I'm in a 'green house gassed' city. I like London, it can get real hot though, and we have a dry heat; I don't know how, but there's a reason, we get India's weather sometimes, at freaky times of the year too, sometimes; like for a whole week last October - We got hot air from India, which is like IDK, 5+ hours (Time Zone) east, every other year we get 'Indian Summers'; on this island, that I live on.
But since they had that earthquake in Virginia that shook the Big Apple; I've been a little bit more open minded about the weather; and stuff.

Twang.
  • Twang.

No greater good, no just cause.

• The Connection

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:32 AM

It was 66 degrees last night...at 3 am...in Minnesota...in March. Minnesota has no business being 66 degrees on a March night.

'specially with 4 people in your room.

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

The boatman stays with the boat.

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:05 AM

It's no fun being a roofer and dealing with this. I was working outside in the shade in January with my shirt off and still sweating my balls off. I'll f*cking die in August.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:20 AM

Do you guys remember how everybody jokes about Wisconsin being a cold state?

Well, this is by far the warmest and brownest winter I have ever experienced in my life. I believe it was up to 76-78 degrees Fahrenheit earlier today, and it's been peaking at over 70 degrees Fahrenheit for a few days now.

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:25 AM

It was about 82 degrees yesterday afternoon here in Chicago. It felt like summer already, and it's only mid-March! Though, I didn't mind it too much since I was indoors most of the time, and driving in this weather with the windows and sunroof open for the first time in a while was quite nice.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:31 AM

Maybe it's a zodiac shift. Let's see what the temperatures are in the last two weeks of April. smile.gif

GTAking33
  • GTAking33

GTA Veteran

• Angels of Death MC
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:49 AM

I hate the heat. I much rather it be cold because at least then you can put on warm clothing but when it's hot there is only so far you can strip down.

Travis93
  • Travis93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:03 AM

It was 78 here in Oklahoma today. I love the warm weather, but I hope it's not hot like last summer. It sucked when it was 105 every day.

Greenline
  • Greenline

Page 3 Girl

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:38 AM

Well, you guys in Vermont are gonna do better in the next 10 days with temperatures today going from 76F to 44F , and staying in the 70's and 40's to 50's throughout the week all the way to Thursday. Things will start getting better from Friday with temperatures going from the 50's to 40's and 30's . There is an average %20 chance of rain throughout the next 10 days.

(sorry, just had to tounge2.gif )

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (ilovebender.com @ Monday, Mar 19 2012, 00:35)
I live in Europe, on an island that's parallel Ireland, Canada, Russia, Norway; that see's the Gulf Stream... I believe if it wasn't for the Gulf Stream, things would feel like Russia here, on my island; but they don't. - All the way up there just under Iceland and Greenland, next to Holland and Scandinavia, north of France, in this part of the world, I'm in a 'green house gassed' city. I like London, it can get real hot though, and we have a dry heat; I don't know how, but there's a reason, we get India's weather sometimes, at freaky times of the year too, sometimes; like for a whole week last October - We got hot air from India, which is like IDK, 5+ hours (Time Zone) east, every other year we get 'Indian Summers'; on this island, that I live on.
But since they had that earthquake in Virginia that shook the Big Apple; I've been a little bit more open minded about the weather; and stuff.

Indian Summers aren't from India. It's a term to describe warm temperatures after a ground frost usually expected from late September anywhere up to November, though not exclusively.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (Mark @ Monday, Mar 19 2012, 12:58)
QUOTE (ilovebender.com @ Monday, Mar 19 2012, 00:35)

Indian Summers aren't from India. It's a term to describe warm temperatures after a ground frost usually expected from late September anywhere up to November, though not exclusively.

Yup, the temp. in summers are warm and someties hot. Only who can survive that climate can express how the summers are.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:04 AM

Well here in Australia in ACT we have almost got our average yearly rainfall in about a month and january's average maximum was 25 degrees celcius or 77 Fahrenheit, which is like 2-3 degrees lower than usual and our max temp all january was 34 degrees c, not even passing 35 degrees 95 fahrenheit, which in summer is weird since we usually get 40 degree days or 102 fahrenheit.

Very strange weather here and obviously where you are as well.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

We're getting about 70F, and as such, a record breaking yet again, last set in 1910 thereabouts!! I mean, this is significant, folks!

The low temp is 60 degrees, but we're cooling off after this massive storm system in the Mid North America locale moving East. I'm getting out at the moment to avoid getting wet! hahaha

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:20 PM

I love the warm weather because I like to wear lightly. And being warm is relaxing. I travel to the warm regions during spring break to feel the warmth early.
I like the cold weather if it snows.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (Shyabang Shyabang @ Monday, Mar 19 2012, 15:20)
I love the warm weather because I like to wear lightly. And being warm is relaxing. I travel to the warm regions during spring break to feel the warmth early.
I like the cold weather if it snows.

agreed.

I prefer warm places to cool places.
cold weather is only enjoyable when it snows enough to provide you with something to do outside (ski, snowboard, etc).

otherwise cold sucks. you can't do anything with cold.
I'd rather die of heat exhaustion than freezing lol.gif

Oakshaft
  • Oakshaft

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:24 PM

it was 28C here today, f*cking nice weather outside

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:49 AM

yea in New York, its the same. theres was no meaningful snowfall this winter, the worst was maybe 3 inches. and now in march, its 80 degrees out! we dont get this hot until like early may or so.

YankeesPwnMets
  • YankeesPwnMets

More Betterer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:52 AM

Its not 80 degrees lol. It hasn't even been over 75 yet, but then it should be 75 this friday here in NY

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:59 AM

Average spring temperatures here in Florida. 65F-80F tomorrow.

Dingleman
  • Dingleman

SA:LC Mod Leader

• Members

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:56 AM

Lol.. that is about average here in an Australian summer.

Our normal "hot" days are about 85-95F. If we are lucky, we sometimes see 100F

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users