Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why did Niko wake up at the Bohan safehouse?

18 replies to this topic
Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:53 AM

After the events of Mr & Mrs Bellic, it cuts to Niko in mourning at the Bohan safehouse in his old clothes. Why do you guys think he was;

1. At the Bohan safehouse, rather than the other ones.

2. In his old clothes from the beginning of the game.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:49 AM Edited by AceRay, 20 March 2012 - 07:46 AM.

Its a book end:

http://tvtropes.org/...p/Main/BookEnds

QUOTE (TV Tropes)
Matching scenes at the beginning and end of a story, often to show how things have changed through the course of the episode, or to demonstrate that they haven't changed at all.

This is extensively used in kid's shows to illustrate the characters applying the lesson they learned today, which happens to apply to the issue presented in the beginning. Ya'know, just in case they didn't catch it. In any work, bookends are a way to show whether Character Development has occurred.

Basically, its when something at the beginning of a piece of media comes back to appear at the end. Things go in a full circle.

StonersDarkness
  • StonersDarkness

The Highway Reapers MC Vice President

• Members

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

i think he stayed at the Bohan safehouse because of a guilty feeling...

macrobin007
  • macrobin007

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

The safe house @ bohan is the last place Roman and Niko together Lived . (it's just my opinion ) old

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

I guess because it's completely possible to have never gotten another safehouse, or pair of clothes until that point. Also
Its a book end:

Basically, its when something at the beginning of a piece of media comes back to appear at the end. Things go in a full circle.

MyDog
  • MyDog

FC BARCELONA

• Members

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Sunday, Mar 18 2012, 18:42)
I guess because it's completely possible to have never gotten another safehouse, or pair of clothes until that point. Also
Its a book end:

This.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Whoop some ass!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (MyDog @ Sunday, Mar 18 2012, 21:40)
QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Sunday, Mar 18 2012, 18:42)
Its a book end:

This.

Niko wouldn't come to his cousin's wedding without a suit tounge2.gif

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Sunday, Mar 18 2012, 07:49)
Its a book end:

This.

And, the Bohan safehouse is really the only safehouse that really belongs to Niko and Roman. The one in Algonquin was being rented by Roman, and the one in Alderney was given to Niko temporarily from the mafia. Then his starting clothes, is "canonically" what Niko would prefer to wear. He just changed out of the wedding suit and back to his everyday clothes.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Sunday, Mar 18 2012, 22:07)
Its a book end:

This.

And, the Bohan safehouse is really the only safehouse that really belongs to Niko and Roman. The one in Algonquin was being rented by Roman, and the one in Alderney was given to Niko temporarily from the mafia. Then his starting clothes, is "canonically" what Niko would prefer to wear. He just changed out of the wedding suit and back to his everyday clothes.

Makes sense. Thanks everyone.

Magic_Al
  • Magic_Al

Boss

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Sunday, Mar 18 2012, 16:07)
Its a book end:

This.

The Middle Park East penthouse was bought by Roman during a run of very good luck with his gambling which also let him upgrade his taxi fleet to Cavalcades. The Bohan safehouse was provided by Mallorie in response to Roman asking if one of her cousins had a place they could stay. Her answer isn't heard but she meets them there after they let themselves in and they can apparently use it indefinitely. Niko goes there to retreat as far as he can from the events that led to the tragedy.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Monday, Mar 19 2012, 00:44)
QUOTE (cp1dell @ Sunday, Mar 18 2012, 16:07)
Its a book end:

This.

The Middle Park East penthouse was bought by Roman during a run of very good luck with his gambling which also let him upgrade his taxi fleet to Cavalcades. The Bohan safehouse was provided by Mallorie in response to Roman asking if one of her cousins had a place they could stay. Her answer isn't heard but she meets them there after they let themselves in and they can apparently use it indefinitely. Niko goes there to retreat as far as he can from the events that led to the tragedy.

Would you go as far as to say the Middle Park East safehouse is the one Niko would reside in after the story?

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

It was just a stupid rushed decision by the devs. GTA4 has the worst, crap ending of any GTA game in the series. niko gets out of bed and goes oh no roman or no Kate. No reason, no explanation given, its not even a proper cutscene, just ingame. I'm not even trying to hate on 4 but that ending is seriously pathetic.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (Zee @ Monday, Mar 19 2012, 14:51)
It was just a stupid rushed decision by the devs. GTA4 has the worst, crap ending of any GTA game in the series. niko gets out of bed and goes oh no roman or no Kate. No reason, no explanation given, its not even a proper cutscene, just ingame. I'm not even trying to hate on 4 but that ending is seriously pathetic.

take your own advice - shut up, sit down, relax.

If anyone here has done film studies, they'll be aware of the importance of settings. In films funerals are more often than not set in the rain. Not the sun shine. The reason is a depressed mood. Rain is a downer. Sunshine's happy.

Look at Niko's safehouses. Bohan's a sh*thole. Algonquin's a succesfull penthouse. A nice pad. Alderney's connected to the mob (and if the mob's involved in the death, would YOU go back there?) so the bohan safehouse is the only place that would fit the mood.

That said though, i will admit that IV's endings were rushed. The story failed to split properly, was just a rehashed mission. They SHOULD have had the story truely branch, with 2 different - truely different - endings.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Tuesday, Mar 20 2012, 07:57)

If anyone here has done film studies, they'll be aware of the importance of settings. In films funerals are more often than not set in the rain. Not the sun shine. The reason is a depressed mood. Rain is a downer. Sunshine's happy.

Look at Niko's safehouses. Bohan's a sh*thole. Algonquin's a succesfull penthouse. A nice pad. Alderney's connected to the mob (and if the mob's involved in the death, would YOU go back there?) so the bohan safehouse is the only place that would fit the mood.

That said though, i will admit that IV's endings were rushed. The story failed to split properly, was just a rehashed mission. They SHOULD have had the story truely branch, with 2 different - truely different - endings.

I think it would have been better if he ended up outside the old Broker safehouse as it would show how things have gone in a complete circle, somehow. It shows that despite Niko chasing the American Dream, he's no longer closer to it. Having him wake up at Bohan doesn't convey the ending as well. I agree the ending wasn't that great either. I think its a necessity for games to have sh*tty endings these days.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

cryani.gif I thought the ending was sad, but the music and what Niko said just set it off. cry.gif nervous.gif

Magic_Al
  • Magic_Al

Boss

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (Linki @ Sunday, Mar 18 2012, 22:55)
Would you go as far as to say the Middle Park East safehouse is the one Niko would reside in after the story?

Probably.

If Roman is alive then he likely moves in with or finds a new place with Mallorie to raise their upcoming child, and Niko can continue to stay at Middle Park East. If Roman is dead, his widow Mallorie as legal next of kin would own Middle Park East and let Niko live there since he promises to support her child. Middle Park East had a private computer and is the only safehouse that police can't enter even if you have a six-star wanted level, since the one entrance is an elevator marker.

If Niko has acquired Playboy X's penthouse it's also a desirable primary residence except it's a tougher neighborhood. Although Dwayne "gives" the house to Niko, it's unclear if Dwayne legally transfers the title which he never did for Playboy X. (Niko's immigration status is actually not an obstacle to such a transaction, but given both men are involved in more serious criminal activities they would probably keep business under the table.)

Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

Then as it was, but again it will be

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:20 AM

>I'm not even trying to hate on 4 but that ending is seriously pathetic.

>I'm not even trying to hate on 4

Question: When have you made a statement about IV that ISN'T hate towards it?

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (Los Santos Pedestrian @ Wednesday, Mar 21 2012, 00:20)

>I'm not even trying to hate on 4 but that ending is seriously pathetic.

>I'm not even trying to hate on 4

Question: When have you made a statement about IV that ISN'T hate towards it?

he has about 4. i have had replies where he seemed like a normal person.

I want to know why, if he hates R*, and GTA, why he'd on this forum? I don't get it.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Tuesday, Mar 20 2012, 07:40)
QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Tuesday, Mar 20 2012, 07:57)

I think it would have been better if he ended up outside the old Broker safehouse as it would show how things have gone in a complete circle, somehow. It shows that despite Niko chasing the American Dream, he's no longer closer to it. Having him wake up at Bohan doesn't convey the ending as well. I agree the ending wasn't that great either. I think its a necessity for games to have sh*tty endings these days.

The only thing is that the Broker safehouse burned down so the Bohan one is the next one after that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users