Quantcast

» «
Photo

Deal or Revenge?

40 replies to this topic

Poll: What did you choose? (169 member(s) have cast votes)

What did you choose?

1. Deal (25 votes [16.34%])

Percentage of vote: 16.34%

2. Revenge (128 votes [83.66%])

Percentage of vote: 83.66%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

Revenge, of course.

dangr
  • dangr

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

I chose revenge of course. I wanted so bad to kill Dimitri and in the first chance I did it.

Dr. Robotnik
  • Dr. Robotnik

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE (asitsaysinthebook @ Monday, May 21 2012, 16:38)
I chose Revenge everytime as I find "Deal" to be very out of character for Niko.

I disagree.

What has revenge gotten Niko? Nothing. Killing Vlad only made Roman's problems infinitely worse, as he is so keen to remind him. Killing Darko did not make, or would not have made, the emptiness inside him go away. Niko is sorry for the trouble he has caused with these acts. If he just puts aside his impulses this time, he believes, maybe everything will turn out all right and everyone will be happy, like they were before he showed up. Roman will be wealthy and happily married. Pegorino will be content and stable. Dimitri will have incentive to leave Niko and his loved ones alone. If Kate breaks up with him, that's a small price to pay compared to security and comfort. So he'll take Roman's advice, and be a loyal employee, even if he has reservations.

In another story, the deal would have been the better choice to make, because Niko listens to his companions, puts aside his grudges, leaves the cycle of revenge, and did not end up a loose cannon like Faustin, who had to be put down because he refused to compromise.

But Niko finds out that he isn't in that story. And that's partly why the Deal ending is as poignant as it is; the one time Niko really tried not to f*ck everything up for himself and others, he f*cked up worse than he would've thought possible. The world won't let him win.

Welcome to America.
  • EatingPlums likes this

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

deal - I did not know the consequences. I didn't know cryani.gif I didn't know
I jsut wanted to see HOW much money I would get, that's it. curiousity

EGGMAN!

AdvanceTrak RSC
  • AdvanceTrak RSC

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

Revenge because I didnt want to see Roman die and since you cant bang Kate who cares

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

I chose Deal.

though....It was sad to see Roman die sad.gif

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:14 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 01 January 2013 - 03:24 AM.

I chose Revenge on my first save, but I feel the consequences of Deal were more fitting.

I kind of disagree it was out of character for Niko. If the situation was real I believe he would've taken Roman's word over Kate's. Although he didn't trust Dimitri I think Niko would've put aside those bitter feelings to give Roman a better life after everything he put him through.

I just felt Deal captured the whole false "American Dream" philosophy the best even if Revenge was the no brainer decision.
  • Mr.Raspberry Jam likes this

Dr. Robotnik
  • Dr. Robotnik

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Monday, Dec 31 2012, 21:14)
I chose Revenge on my first save, but I feel the consequences of Deal were more fitting.

I kind of disagree it was out of character for Niko. If the situation was real I believe he would've taken Roman's word over Kate's. Although he didn't trust Dimitri I think Niko would've put aside those bitter feelings to give Roman a better life after everything he put him through.

I just felt Deal captured the whole false "American Dream" philosophy the best even if Revenge was the no brainer decision.

This. Roman partially represented the American Dream, and when he died, all of Niko's hopes for a better future in this country and preconceptions vanished along with him, and he saw it for what it was. So many quotes in the game become relevant in hindsight.

"I went into a situation full of optimism…full of naivete…"

"This American greed takes everyone. It's like a disease!"

"Welcome to America; just like the Old Country."

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

I chosed revenge first time cause i wanted to ice that russian traitor Dimitri.

Mr.Raspberry Jam
  • Mr.Raspberry Jam

Bringing great joy to a lonely man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:12 PM

Even though it was incredibly sad I chose to kill Kate. In the PC version she calls you after a week then sends an email breaking up with you. It's still sad for a number of reasons though, but I had to keep Roman alive because, well, he's Niko's cousin.

Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low-rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 November 2014 - 07:47 PM

I didn't trust Dimitri at all, I wanted him dead.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users